Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late interrupted by intruder.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Caco wrote:
    I caught a glimpse of this too while I was flickin', just caught the end of it! Funny stuff, the guy seemed to be pissed drunk! It was on the news and all, RTE say:

...but no footage unfortunately! Somebody must have recorded it! Let us wait in hope...

There are already loads of links in this thread and the other one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIHC-Gv0kPE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

hopefully it does not ruin the toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ha ha, can't believe so many people here watch The Late Late Show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That guy must hold a grudge - Gaybo has'nt hosted the Late Late since about 1999. Maybe the fella want to disucss something, like really important but got shown the door in 1983.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well the bloke was released around midnight, no charges are been brought against him.... tbh he didn't break the law. Going up to someone and calling them an arsehole isn't against the law as far as I remember. It just happened to be on tv ;)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1125/latelateshow.html?rss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

mobby wrote:
    says your man " Pat, Gay Byrne and you are arseholes"

says Pat "Thank you very much"

Even Kenny Agreed with him

Class...... Best Late Late Ever.

He actually said "unstoppable arseholes"; the word unstoppable was a stroke of genius IMO.. anyone can curse, but it's the supplementary words you add to a curse that makes it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

flogen wrote:
    He actually said "unstoppable arseholes"; the word unstoppable was a stroke of genius IMO.. anyone can curse, but it's the supplementary words you add to a curse that makes it great.

Are you sure it wasn't 'insufferable'?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Are you sure it wasn't 'insufferable'?

I'm not certain, but I don't think he was either..

It sounds like he was going for insufferable, but it sounded very like unstoppable. Either fits though (although unstoppable is more original than insufferable)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,206 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haha, classic! My mother changed the channel when he introduced the Your A Star people, daddy comes in two mins later saying Pat was abused. Couldnt believe I missed it. Imagine it happened next week. Just have to shout out "Wont somebody please think of the children?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Lump wrote:
    Well the bloke was released around midnight, no charges are been brought against him.... tbh he didn't break the law. Going up to someone and calling them an arsehole isn't against the law as far as I remember. It just happened to be on tv ;)

He might be up for some public order offence, a file is being sent to the DPP. It would be like a guard catching you pissing in a laneway outside a discoh down the country. No physical harm done to anyone, but still a public order offence.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Pat is a plank. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ive heard the mans daughter works in RTE..she must be so embrassed...and the reaction of the Your a Star Judges..Walsh was just smiling..ur one was like :eek: ..ha ha legend..everyone will be watching again nxt week id say..probley had to get the camera men to remove your man knowing RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Pat Kenny is good on the serious or issue type of interview, but not so good on the celebrity ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

The mans daughter is a researcher on the Late Late :eek:
    He gave an interview on the ray darcy show there, he says he had a "few drinks" before going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Stephen wrote:
    hahaha, saw it myself too. Hope it gets youtubed!
    That's going to be in sh1tty blooper clip shows for years to come.

on youtube already, have to say, think this was quite hilarious because it just proves pat is useless without someone writing him a cue card

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭portach king

Haha! Where can I hear that Ray D'arcy interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Haha! Where can I hear that Ray D'arcy interview?

I dont know, it was very funny though :) He seems a bit of a nutcase, his reason for doing it is that he has apparantly developed a system that uses GPS to keep cars a safe distance from each other, and to allow satellites to avoid the possibility of cars crashing, and Gay Byrne will not listen to his ideas or try out his "invention". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

flogen wrote:
    It sounds like he was going for insufferable, but it sounded very like unstoppable.
    I heard it as a kind of slurred/excited 'insufferable'.
    Maybe the guy will register a boards account and tell us himself. :D
    What a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I've resingned myself to the fact he said insufferable but the phrase "unstoppable arseholes" used in relation to Gay Byrne and Pat Kenny struck me as one of the funniest things I'd thought of in years!

Still the whole thing was hilarious to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

He has the odd pint where I work, got a rousing welcome when he came in on tuesday evening, not a bother on him, no regrets :D . He is very passionate about his project, but is no bigger a loon that most of our punters :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

skibum, i must call in for a pint, its been years since i've drank there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Just an update.

The same looper drove his car in the front doors of RTÉ last night :eek:

He's staying in custody for a while this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

BendiBus wrote:
    Just an update.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055023802

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

BendiBus wrote:
    Just an update.

Damn! I heard this three hours ago, and I didn't post because I thought someone else already woud have!

EDIT: thanks Karoma. Now it turns out that I was 18 hours late.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement