Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late interrupted by intruder.

Options
  • 24-11-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Some guy just walked onto the Late Late set calling Pat Kenny "a piece of ****". It looked at first like it was part of the show as they had just introduced the You're a Star panel. It then broke to ads, so it was real!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Just saw that too, classic TV! So glad i stayed in, now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol, two threads at the same time...big news in this country I guess!
    Hope someone has it recorded though since I missed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Flukey wrote:
    "a piece of ****".

Brilliant, so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Did they mention it after the ad break?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya just said sorry for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

LOL!!
    That was hilarious!!
    I thought it was Brendan O'Carroll or Pat Shortt having a laugh, but Pat looked worried, then came the "You and Gay Byrne are assh*les.... you piece of sh*t".
    Then they cut to adverts.
    Pat just apologised for the "rude interuption" once back after the break.

Gotta say, it was the first time I actually looked forward to the next part of the Late Late! :D

Had all these images of the old dude taking out a knife, then Brendan O'Connor rugby tackling him to the ground during the break!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes. Pat Kenny apologised for the interruption. One of the panel quipped that it was some disgruntled act from Cork. You couldn't see the guy's face. He had his back to the camera. He was tall, greying and wearing a light brown leather jacket. I thought it was some part of a wind up, but the language and the quick cut to ads was a giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

hahaha, saw it myself too. Hope it gets youtubed!
    That's going to be in sh1tty blooper clip shows for years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

sorry mods, i didnt see this thread, i was laughing so hard i missed it.please delete the thread i posted.

thats the best opening to a late late show i have ever seen, i wonder if that bloke clocked pat kenny one after they cut transmission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Four threads on this in the telleh forum. Please tell me someone has a clip of it that they can upload. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

ha, I had my back turned to the TV and I heard it and all, was confused as to whether it happened. First thing I did was immediately check After Hours for reports!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Bah, missed it. Clips!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

A guy on the late late show who knew what he was talking about.:eek:

Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Jesus, that was classic. Television moment of the year 2006 :D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I was shocked when i seen it. I knew i could come here to find out did it really happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Whoever he was, I bet he had more talent than anyone that's ever appeared on programmes like You're a Star. That would not be hard of course. Louis Walsh didn't offer to sign him up, so the guy must have talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Best Late Late Show ever. I thought it was a wind up until he called Kenny a piece of sh1te. Thank God for Sky Plus. Watched it three more times during the extended ad break:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

That was fantastic! "You're an arsehole! you're full of ****! you and Gay Byrne are full of ****!!" it was incredible!, dumbass Pat Kenny just sat there saying "Thank you, yes Thank you.." I bet Gay Byrne would have taken care of him quit smart!!

I wonder what it was all about, I mean yeah, Pat Kenny is indeed an arsehole, but what's he got against Gaybo!?

il gatto, since you have it recorded, how about giving us some youtube action? :)

I hope someone puts a clip on youtube or somewhere, I missed it.

So there is a use for Sky+.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Thread is nothing without a youtube clip.... someone better have it up soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ruu wrote:
    Four threads on this in the telleh forum. Please tell me someone has a clip of it that they can upload. :)
    I've my fingers crossed that this'll get youtubed Ruu, but in all fairness...why the fook would you want to record the Late Late?! Its something that when the ending credits roll, everyone breathes a sigh of relief knowing that it's the longest possible time before seeing Pat Kenny on TV again :)

EDIT: Just saw ilgatto has it, youtube it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thread is nothing without a youtube clip.... someone better have it up soon!
    Agreed. If a thread in Television gets there first: I'm locking this.

</incentive>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hehe, I made a clip, féachaigí : http://www.sendspace.com/file/g5fk73

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks parasite, you ledge! He couldn't make up his mind of what insult to use. :)

Its downloading, slowly but surely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks Parasite :D

deckie27 wrote:
    Thanks Parasite :D

Nice one Parasite

Classic clip:D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

fair play parasite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Someone wasn't doing their job. The live shows are delayed by enough seconds to cut such scenes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement