Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HID Xenon's Aftermarket Kits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

What should it cost me to fit a H4 Bi-Xenon kit to my Skoda Octavia Mk 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

Hi there.
    if you want them fitted for 200 or fit them yourself for 160 call me 0857379145
    smitas5@yahoo.ie
    all types: H1, H3, H4, H7, 9005 and more.
    temperatures 6000K, 8000K, 10000K
    6000K is the most recommended.
    I'm based in Co. Kildare but driving arround the country all the time.
    it is a lot safer to drive with HID.
    not just it looks nice, but your eyes are less tired after long drive.

by the way 6000K means that the bulb works at 6000 Kelvins temperature and it is slightly blue. 5000K is the nearest to original ones.
    6000K = 5727 Celsius but higher temperature means it is more blue or even purple after 10000K. but doesn't mean more brightness or better visibility.
    6000K is the best.
    Thank you

By the way we give one year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I got 6000k HID's for my car a few months ago, very easy to fit, and the difference in vivion is huge (FTO's were one of the first projector headlamps so not very good)
    here are before and after pics:

HID on passenger side, standard bulb on drivers side.
    fto9go6.jpg

HID's on mine, standard bulbs on the red one.
    4yts7ee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

eireal wrote: »
    www.hid-lights.com

Go for the X5 kit and then the temprature you want,works out about 200 euro delivered

I have an A4 Avant. I think the bulb type is H7. Does the X5 kit cover low and high beam?

• Advertisement

What year is your A4? 99 onwards?
    cause if older then that it's H4
    200euro is a bit expensive. 160 is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

It's '04.
    Does the kit cover low/ high beam though?

if it's 04' A4 then more than likely you will need H7 KIT. H7 bulb covers high beam or dipped beam. (only H4 can cover both and it was used on 95-99 A4's other than that H4 is very common on Japan import's)
    you probably will have H7 for dipped beam and H1 or H7 for high beam.
    so you would need 2 KIT's to cover high and dipped.
    99% of buyers have HID on dipped beam only. you probably use your high beam 1-2% of the time. the best thing is to check your bulbs yourself or check the manual. a set is 160. I could get you 2 sets for 300.
    Thank you
    http://www.hid.lt/marius/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

There are same Single Beam or Bi-Xenon (same bulb size + temprature) HID Xenon kits available with price ranging from around 35 US$ to around 375 US$. Cheapest are china made while most expensive I've found are from philips. Which one is good. I am looking for 6K Kit for Honda Civic 1.5 LSI. Which one (bulb size) would fit on to it.

Anyone for guidance? Thanks.

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    There are same Single Beam or Bi-Xenon (same bulb size + temprature) HID Xenon kits available with price ranging from around 35 US$ to around 375 US$. Cheapest are china made while most expensive I've found are from philips. Which one is good. I am looking for 6K Kit for Honda Civic 1.5 LSI. Which one (bulb size) would fit on to it.

Anyone for guidance? Thanks.
    civic will be 99% H4 and you can use bi-xenon. all other types are single.

• Advertisement

smitas5 wrote: »
    civic will be 99% H4 and you can use bi-xenon. all other types are single.

Can you please give me price for H4 Bi-Xenon as well as Single Beam?

Thanks.
    Zulfiqar

smitas5,
    I have ordered. H4 Bi-Xenon Kit from UK for 88 euros delivered with 2 years warranty. What are your rates including shipping? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

i would like brighter lights for my punto 02. what could i do. do i have to buy the kit

Cena, I would suggest you to go for HID kit either Bi-Xenon (Hi/Low) or Single Beam (Low) HID kit if you need brighter lights. Just google for HID Kits and you will find more details about this technology. Thanks. Zulfiqar

cena wrote: »
    i would like brighter lights for my punto 02. what could i do. do i have to buy the kit

In case you go for HID kit you will need H7 HID Kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

i don't want to buy a kit. could i just get light bulbs

cena wrote: »

I dont think only bulb can make difference. if your car has normal bulbs you mighty want to upgrade to halogans but I doubt if you can fit HID bulbs straight away.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've seen some badly alligned ones recently that are blinding. Are these legal? Read you need self adjusting lights that self clean? Also that you need projection, rather then reflection headlights? I've a 04 avensis with h7's.

projector beam headlights don't seem to cause problems, it's just reflector types that do. Avensis has projectors.

Does anyone have drawing or instructions as to how to fit HID kits on the car? Does HID kits car specific in terms of wiring?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PurelyEsoteric

MarkR wrote: »
    I've seen some badly alligned ones recently that are blinding. Are these legal? Read you need self adjusting lights that self clean? Also that you need projection, rather then reflection headlights? I've a 04 avensis with h7's.

You need projectors as reflectors will mess up the beam.
    In England there are certainly legality issues. As far as I know it's mostly with more recent cars that had xenons as an option. I know from talking to English golf mk5 drivers that fitting an aftermarket kit is illegal since they were an option on the mk5, and to get the factory kit installed and functioning properly would cost 2k£ or more. As for cars that it was never an option on, I'm not sure. Some people tell me its illegal and some say its not. I suppose as long as they are in projectors and aligned properly so they don't blind oncoming drivers it should be ok. Might want to check with the guards or a mechanic though.

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    Does anyone have drawing or instructions as to how to fit HID kits on the car? Does HID kits car specific in terms of wiring?

I made a photo guide up a few weeks, ago, can email it to you. they're specific to each bulb type but the basics are the same though. All the kits come with clear instructions too

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I made a photo guide up a few weeks, ago, can email it to you. they're specific to each bulb type but the basics are the same though. All the kits come with clear instructions too

This would be great. I just fitted HID Kit onto my civic and now problem I am having is parking light doesn't work at all. While I turn on parking lights, Low Beam is turned on. Is it normal? How do I get Parking lights to work as usual. While Low beam works on both when parking lights are turned on as well as Low beam is turned on. my email is zulfikarmd@gmail.com. Thanks. Appreciate your help Colm. Thanks again. Zulfi

Guys, I have attached guide to install HID Kit on cars. Hope it helps. Any questions or guidance welcome. Thanks. Zulfi

If needed I can provide complete HID Kit fitting - charge 30 euros. Thanks. just PM me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

HIDs are easy to install. It took me around half an hout to install them. Just be weary of the ballasts. Apparently some kits get quite hot. I mounted mine onto the subframe of the engine. After having them on for around 3 hours, i decided to see how hot they got. Barely luke warm.

I have full projectors on the car. I also replaced the sidelights with purewhite LEDS (proper ones, not the stupid light blue ones {no offence}). Makes a big difference. I also replaced the rear reg lights with purewhite LED's similar to the way the lexus is. Its nice have proper lights all round. No yellow tints anywhere. Well, I do have my fogs, but they look kinda cool when they are on!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

Could someone clarify that single beam kits give you the xenon light that you usually use at night instead of the halogen bulb but the high beam remains the standard halogen light.
    And that the Bi-xenon offers the xenon light for both regular and high beam lights?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That's what I understand to be correct.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/ got my H4 hid Kit for £140 enter in discount code (Toyota One) knocked £40 (£180) off it two year gurantee and every forum ive been on stand by them.

• Advertisement

I bought H4 Bi-Xenon HID Kit from Ebay Seller md_campbell 88 euros delivered to ROI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement