Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Afterhours. There is more to boards.

Options
  • 24-11-2006 1:51am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you have a topic on cars post in Motors. If you have a question about Poker, post there.

The mods have been instructed to move threads to their proper homes as they see fit, to warn persistent offenders and ultimately there will be tears before bedtime.

Thanks.

DeV.

ps: there's a whole load of other forums out there in Boardsland. Just thought you should know, like...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bring it to Feedback buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pighead wrote:

LOL, yes..... havent you being around long enough to know how this site works!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Mods - can someone move this thread to Personal Issues, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Dev forgots the thread lock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It does always amaze how many posters there are who rarely venture outside of the one forum.

This is actually good opportunity for moderators to publicise the forums they look after.

For my sins I look after:
    • Film Production, a place to discuss all aspects of movie making.
    • radio, kind of like television but without the pictures.
    • Transformers for the discussion of all things robotic and shape changing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I look after the place where we talk about how to spend all our money making loud things louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I qm sooo drunk ritgh now, I can onlyn post in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Spam. Reported.

;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gosh...haven't hit this place in a while...its the nursury for young boardies... you can escape from here...its them 'other forums'...they lure you in with detailed discussions on topics you have interest in...ALL THE TIME... its 5.32....I thought AH could save me from it...it hasn't[/desperate attempt to escape boards]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sticky and lock thread tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It does always amaze how many posters there are who rarely venture outside of the one forum.

This is actually good opportunity for moderators to publicise the forums they look after.

For my sins I look after:
    • Film Production, a place to discuss all aspects of movie making.
    • radio, kind of like television but without the pictures.
    • Transformers for the discussion of all things robotic and shape changing.
    for my sins i look after
      After Hours: the place where all the crap goes. you should visit some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

• ....robotic and shape changing.

So does that include Go-Bots?

I'm intrigued by this [bunny-rabbit-ears]TRANSFORUM[/bunny-rabbit-ears]

Maybe I'll go there!... probably not though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

Sometimes i'd rather read what the AFter Hours opinion on things are though....
    No need to move posts that are attracting the right response is there?
    e.g. discussion of a political point in after hours is a whole lot more fun (& just as relevant) as in the politics forum.

Kingsize wrote:
    No need to move posts that are attracting the right response is there?
    e.g. discussion of a political point in after hours is a whole lot more fun (& just as relevant) as in the politics forum.

Its not just as relevant, politics isn't relevant in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sometimes you just want to rant and the politics forum is a lot stricter than after hours. therefore AH comes in handy for thaty type of thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote:
    ps: there's a whole load of other forums out there in Boardsland. Just thought you should know, like...

In fairness Tom, we really didn't want most of them to know this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Pighead wrote:

Hey Ceannmuca, this thread was posted in response to something that arose in Feedback, I thought you'd know that since you've been spending some time there recently...oh yes, Pighead has been seen posting in Feedback...it's his dirty little secret but I've outed him now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

you can escape from here...its them 'other forums'...they lure you in with detailed discussions on topics you have interest in...ALL THE TIME...
    That's what makes them so boring!

Car lover1: I've a car does anyone else have a car
    Carmadman: I've a car too, what colour is your car? My cars blue
    Car lover1: Wow that's so cool my cars green, does your car have a radio?
    Carmadman: Yeah! I've got a cd player to what about you?
    Car lover: No I hate you, cd are stupid...

6 years later..

Car lover1: Just got a cd player in my car, cd's are so cool!
    Carmadman: Anyone got a stearing wheel in their car?
    Carwhore23: Ya dude I've got a stearing wheel, how's everyone doing I'm new here.
    Car lover1: Who's this fool, I bet he doesn't have a car atall.

Beruthiel wrote:
    In fairness Tom, we really didn't want most of them to know this :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

the cornflakes talk is out again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ScumLord wrote:
    That's what makes them so boring!

Car lover1: I've a car does anyone else have a car
    Carmadman: I've a car too, what colour is your car? My cars blue
    Car lover1: Wow that's so cool my cars green, does your car have a radio?
    Carmadman: Yeah! I've got a cd player to what about you?
    Car lover: No I hate you, cd are stupid...

6 years later..

Car lover1: Just got a cd player in my car, cd's are so cool!
    Carmadman: Anyone got a stearing wheel in their car?
    Carwhore23: Ya dude I've got a stearing wheel, how's everyone doing I'm new here.
    Car lover1: Who's this fool, I bet he doesn't have a car atall.

hahaha true...but if thats what your passion is, ya could talk that all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Haven't we been saying that forever Tom? You have to wonder how better of boards would be if After Hours, TCN and The Thunderdome were all closed. All the blabbering and nonsense would be confined to the private forums. No more postcount++, and the majority of threads would be where they are supposed to.

I still think repeat offenders of posting the wrong thread in the wrong forum should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

sjones wrote:
    Haven't we been saying that forever Tom? You have to wonder how better of boards would be if After Hours, TCN and The Thunderdome were all closed. All the blabbering and nonsense would be confined to the private forums. No more postcount++, and the majority of forums would be where they are supposed to.

I'd love to see them closed for a week, and when someone clicks on them they get sent to a random forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

6th wrote:
    I'd love to see them closed for a week, and when someone clicks on them they get sent to a random forum.
    Nah. Then you'll only have random forums flooded with "WTF doodz" threads. Better to send them all to one forum. Recycle Bin, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Why with all these forums to choose from it's too much to expect us modern irish people who lead hectic lifestyles to post in the right one. I think its best just to post everything in AH and let the assistants (i believe they're called "mods") move it off to the relevent forum if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Remove any reference to After Hours from the front page. That should stop the newbies finding it, and force them to look harder to find the proper place to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Should make this the boards homepage then people will be forced to see the alternatives out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Ah come on guys. After Hours is what it is. Just there for random garbage. I post occasionally in after hours, a lot in fitness and some in martial arts. I also occasionally venture into PI to offer people the wisdom i have learned through all my fcuk ups.

The simple fact is, that in the specific forums the Mods could not really allow the type of carry on that happens in AH and there would most likely be an increase in bannings.

After Hours is the play ground for the little tykes of boards.ie.....take it away and they won't sleep at nap time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

sjones wrote:
    Haven't we been saying that forever Tom? You have to wonder how better of boards would be if After Hours, TCN and The Thunderdome were all closed.

Boards would be absolutely shíte if those forums were removed.
    I don't feel like having dead serious completely factual discussions the whole time and I certainly have no interest in the crappy themed private forums where some people like to spam.

Dragan wrote:
    After Hours is the play ground for the little tykes of boards.ie

Says the man whos been here one whole year. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rb_ie wrote:
    Says the man whos been here one whole year. Lol.

hmmm....I wonder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement