Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserves pay

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

thebaz wrote:
    Apparently if you are lucky eneogh to become a Garda reserve , you do so for no pay !
    Why in this day and age , where everything costs money , would you spend your time off, out trying to arrest the bad , the dangerous and the possibly innocent , free of charge ?

For the honour of wearing the uniform and the pride it brings or maybe people want to put some good in o the "mean" streets....Im a Reservist in the Irish Army Reserve and i get no pay but i dont care and thats the view of the majority its not all about money, i love to wear my combat uniform and be a part of the Army Reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

daveirl wrote:
    Good thing -- but .. i've had a few dealing with private security firms, and 90% of them are great , but there is that 10 or 5 % , the failed bitter Garda type, whom i wouldn't want policing our laws , and seam to have a vendetta against something ! -- the reality is in the SVP or Order of Malta or Johns Ambulance , 99 % will be decent folk , with a good heart !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

daveirl wrote:

Those organisations enable people to help others. The Garda reserve also does this, but also gives people the power to prosecute, and maybe persecute others. It's been hard enough to regulate the Guards as a professional force, without unpaid, under trained auxillaries being given an opportunity to interfere with the general public.

Advertisement