Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"high end" audio

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The only really great Bose products that come to mind are the Bose 102 PA speakers which knock the socks off the crap that's installed in most commercial establishments, and their Wave Radio.

I second the point about MP3's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I'm thinking about getting a set of either 5.1 or 7.1 Acoustic Energy Aelites. Seem to have great reviews everywhere I read.
    Currently I have a Mission Cinema 6 pack. A few years old now, but it too got great reviews. The amp is a Sony STR-DB940 great for 5.1 but would need something newer for 7.1

Would it be good to try pick up a set of Mission 753f's and use them as fronts and use my current cinema 6 pack as surrounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Some good advice ...2nd hand is the way to go if youre starting off in Hifi. You can always swap components to get the best match and sell them on ebay for minimal loss or even profit.

I went through loads of equipment all bought through ebay till I found the right blend.

As said before, speakers are NO1 when were talking serious sound. Invest your money in a good pair as theyre awkward to swap etc... 5-10 year old speakers are usually in good nick and you can get them for a steal on ebay.

Id say an equivalent cost hifi from 10 years ago would sound as good as one now.

Supposed advances are often overated. Getting the right blend is the most important thing.

Also if youre anyway adventurous you can go the DIY route. 2 of my amps are DIY and sound incredible:cool: :o to my ears.

Advertisement