Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy of Euro Millions Winners

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

aidan24326 wrote:
    Better off doing the euromillions in a shop where nobody knows you, that way even if they check cctv footage it wouldn't matter.

Cue the rags running a "Do YOU know this person?" campaign, a la grainy screengrab from CCTV camera, as supplied by greasy shop owner, for small fee...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

My first investment after winning a large sum in the lottery (even before I collected the money) would probably be to hire a high profile lawyer firm and have them publish a full page ad in the papers, threatening anybody trying to even research, never mind publish my identity with the lawsuit from hell.

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

peasant wrote:
    My first investment after winning a large sum in the lottery (even before I collected the money) would probably be to hire a high profile lawyer firm and have them publish a full page ad in the papers, threatening anybody trying to even research, never mind publish my identity with the lawsuit from hell.

:D:D:D
    Great idea. I wonder if it would work? I bet the lottery would release the details to the rags anyway and they would argue freedom of speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bond-007 wrote:
    Great idea. I wonder if it would work? I bet the lottery would release the details to the rags anyway and they would argue freedom of speech.

Probably more feasable on Dolores' winnings but form your own paper where you send out people to spy on every tabloid reporter, releasing pics of them on the John, painful experiences and masturbating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

I don't think they can force a winner to go public. In other euromillions countries the winners are not made public either.

The last big one was in Belgium afair, and they did not give away his identity. Therefore you would have a good case.

I would fight this in court before I accept the winnings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

How come my numbers never come up? id go public.

Advertisement