Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership betting 18th nov

Options
  • 16-11-2006 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

chelsea 1-5
    man utd 1-3
    arsenal 2-7
    liverpool 11-10
    man city 11-10
    reading 10-11
    everton 5-4
    portsmouth(draw) 5-2

return of 136.39 for 1 placed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Arsenal @ 2 - 7
    Chelsea @ 1 - 5
    Portsmouth @ 8 - 13
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3
    Reading @ 10 - 11

Return: €6.34 from 1 placed

@county
    I dont fancy liverpool to win away from homeany time soon, but good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quazzy wrote:
    Arsenal @ 2 - 7
    Chelsea @ 1 - 5
    Portsmouth @ 8 - 13
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3
    Reading @ 10 - 11

@county
    I dont fancy liverpool to win away from homeany time soon, but good luck with it
    i believe there luck has to change,well hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

My bet for the weekend with pp:

Man City v Fulham
    Man City @ 11 - 10

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Arsenal @ 2 - 7

Middlesbrough v Liverpool
    Liverpool @ 11 - 10

Real Madrid v Santander
    Real Madrid @ 2 - 9

Chelsea v West Ham
    Chelsea @ 1 - 5

Portsmouth v Watford
    Portsmouth @ 8 - 13

Sheff Utd v Man Utd
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3

Bet Type: Accumulator (7)
    Stake per Line: €5.00
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €5.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €89.56

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Gonna try these 3:

Genk V Club Brugges Belgian Jupitor League/ Sunday 5.00

This is my bet of the weekend, Coming from the belgian Jupiter league, Genk are currently unbeaten in the league with a Record of P 12 W 10 D 2 L 0 and are sitting pretty on top, 5 points clear of Anderlect (who they trashed 4-1 Away from home just over a month ago) They have won 7 matches on the bounce and scored 24 goals,on the other hand Club Brugges (3rd) form has been up and down, Notably loseing to tottenham 3-1 in the UEFA cup last month, There away form isnt great at all, losing 3 of there 6. I Cant see anything other than a Home win.

My Prediction: Genk to win @ 6-5

Cagliari v Palermo Serie A / Saturday 7.30

Serie A leaders palermo have been very impressive in the league this season,winning 9 out of 11 is no mean feat by any means, Beating Milan 2-0 in the san siro been the most notable effort, They are playing a poor side that is Cagliari, winning only 1 of there 11 games ( Have Drawn 8 of those !!) they have a goal difference of +1 while palermos is +11, i cant see Palermo not scoreing as they are a very attacking side, Although away from home my vote goes to the away side.

My prediction Palermo to win at 6-5

Rizespor v Erciyesspor Turkish Premier Division / sunday 12.00

This is a bottom of the table clash of the whipping boys of Turkey, Ericyesspor have a woefull record of P 13 W1 D 3 L 9, scoring 12 and conceding 35 on the way and havent won in there last 9,Meanwhile Rizespor havent been to clever either P 13 W 4 D2 L 7 Scoring 11 and conceding 16 (far less than the opposition), However they did beat Galatasaray last week which should have kicked start there season, but they went and lost 2-0 in the following match to Ankaragucu, who are in 6th place,but that was away frome home, this is there first home game since there win against Galatasaray, With home advantage and that moral boosting win im confident they can overcome the leagues worst team.

My prediction: Rizespor to win @ 8-11

Tubbers Weekend Treble : Genk,Palermo and Rizespor to win @ 7.36-1 Odds: www.paddypower.com

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Where do you get the info on Belgian league?

• Advertisement

try this,its not comprehensive but all the info you can get helps
    http://www.uefa.com/footballEurope/countries/country=BEL/Association=13/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Anfield

5 Points Acca

Middlesbrough v Liverpool (11/10)

Liverpool terrible away from home this season with just 1 goal scored. Middlesbrough have been very up and down this season and with Benitez moving Gerrard into a more central role I can see Liverpool getting their 1st away win of the season here at a good price.

Birmingham v Wolves (8/11)

Wolves are without striker Carl Cort for this match and have lost their last 5 games away from. Birmingham on the other hand could welcome back Matt Upson to the squad after injury and are looking for their 6th win in a row on Saturday. Therefore Birmingham get my vote for this game.

Macclesfield v Boston Utd (5/4)

This is a risky one but I believe Macclesfiled should get their 1st win of the season here. Macclesfield are bottom of League 2 and Boston are 2nd from bottom. Macclesfield have been improving since Paul Ince took over as manager and got a good 0.0 draw in League 2 leaders Walsall in the FA Cup last week. As for Boston, as mentioned in another post they could be going into administration and also have not won a game on the road this season.

Hearts v Rangers (+1) 4/9

I never usually bet on rangers but I think this is a good bet due to the turmoil at Hearts. I'm not confident on Rangers winning outright, that is why I have gone for the +1 bet to be on the safe side.

5 Points on Liverpool, Birmingham, Macclesfield, Rangers (+1) @ 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Gonna try these 3:

Genk V Club Brugges Belgian Jupitor League/ Sunday 5.00

This is my bet of the weekend, Coming from the belgian Jupiter league, Genk are currently unbeaten in the league with a Record of P 12 W 10 D 2 L 0 and are sitting pretty on top, 5 points clear of Anderlect (who they trashed 4-1 Away from home just over a month ago) They have won 7 matches on the bounce and scored 24 goals,on the other hand Club Brugges (3rd) form has been up and down, Notably loseing to tottenham 3-1 in the UEFA cup last month, There away form isnt great at all, losing 3 of there 6. I Cant see anything other than a Home win.

My Prediction: Genk to win @ 6-5

Serie A leaders palermo have been very impressive in the league this season,winning 9 out of 11 is no mean feat by any means, Beating Milan 2-0 in the san siro been the most notable effort, They are playing a poor side that is Cagliari, winning only 1 of there 11 games ( Have Drawn 8 of those !!) they have a goal difference of +1 while palermos is +11, i cant see Palermo not scoreing as they are a very attacking side, Although away from home my vote goes to the away side.

Rizespor v Erciyesspor Turkish Premier Division / sunday 12.00

This is a bottom of the table clash of the whipping boys of Turkey, Ericyesspor have a woefull record of P 13 W1 D 3 L 9, scoring 12 and conceding 35 on the way and havent won in there last 9,Meanwhile Rizespor havent been to clever either P 13 W 4 D2 L 7 Scoring 11 and conceding 16 (far less than the opposition), However they did beat Galatasaray last week which should have kicked start there season, but they went and lost 2-0 in the following match to Ankaragucu, who are in 6th place,but that was away frome home, this is there first home game since there win against Galatasaray, With home advantage and that moral boosting win im confident they can overcome the leagues worst team.

My prediction: Rizespor to win @ 8-11

Tubbers Weekend Treble : Genk,Palermo and Rizespor to win @ 7.36-1 Odds: www.paddypower.com

;)
    I have to say I like this bet any accummulators should be kept to a minimum of four any more and some team are bound to let you down. I used to be a ladbrokes manager and we were told at the time that 50% of odds on shots up to 4/6 (ie 9/10,4/5. 8/11 etc) and 20% 8/13 and worse (4/7, 1/3,1/4,1/9 etc) lose, this is where they make their profits.
    I also always do a mad bet every week and have been for the last 5 years I'm not making any money on it but it has paid over €400 twice for a €7.50 bet its basically a €0.50 lucky 15 on half-time full time usually involves Man Utd, Arsenal. This weeks bet is:

Arsenal v Newcastle
    18th of November 2006 3:00pm
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Newcastle/Arsenal @ 22 - 1

Sheff Utd v Man Utd
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Sheff Utd/Man Utd @ 20 - 1

18th of November 2006 5:15pm
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Middlesbrough/Liverpool @ 22 - 1

Blackburn v Tottenham
    19th of November 2006 4:00pm
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Blackburn/Tottenham @ 28 - 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Don Johnson

Not much luck last week but very confident of getting this weekend; skinny odds but a winner is a winner and sticking with home wins;

Cardiff v QPR
    It will be nice to have one leg of the bet up tonight; Cardiff have a good home record and will not want to lose tonight to a QPR side who are conceding loads of goals, Cardiff @ 8/13 will punish them tonight.

Birmingham v Wolves
    B/ham are on great run of 5 wins and Wolves have lost their last 5 away from home. Home banker @ 8/11

Sunderland v Colchester
    S/land very unlucky last weekend at home and are capable of beating a Colchester side that are poor away from home. 4/5 looks about right for a home win

3 home wins 4/1

patmac wrote:

Half-Time/Full-Time

Blackburn v Tottenham
    Half-Time/Full-Time

i like the look at them two bets patmac,worth a few quid placed anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Nice analysis there but can't bring myself to trust Italian football. La Cosa Nostra have too much of a hand in match fixing, particularly with Palermo.

Your Selections:

Genk v Club Brugge
    19th of November 2006 5:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Genk @ 6 - 5

Birmingham v Wolves
    18th of November 2006 12:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Birmingham @ 8 - 11

Draw No Bet
    Liverpool @ 4 - 9

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Handicap Betting
    Arsenal -1.0 @ 5 - 6

Feyenoord v AZ Alkmaar
    18th of November 2006 7:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    AZ Alkmaar @ 13 - 10

Energie Cottbus v Schalke
    18th of November 2006 2:30pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Schalke @ 11 - 10

Your Bets:

Receipt No.: ********
    Bet Type: Accumulator (6)
    Stake per Line: €14.19
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €14.19
    Potential Returns: €689.69

Receipt No.: *********
    Bet Type: Fourfolds from 6
    Stake per Line: €5.00
    Number of Lines: 15
    Stake: €75.00
    Potential Returns: €1,019.74

Receipt No.: ***********
    Bet Type: Fivefolds from 6
    Stake per Line: €12.50
    Number of Lines: 6
    Stake: €75.00
    Potential Returns: €1,933.37

Summary:
    Total Stake: €164.19
    Tax: €0.00
    Total Amount Paid: €164.19

Best of luck

I think Arsenal is value and Newcastle are clearly being priced on reputation not current form.

The toon have gone 6 premiership games without a goal from open play. It's 8 games since they managed a win in the premiership, yet Roeder still persists with playing a clearly unfit Ameobi and an extremely off form Damien Duff up front.

After last weeks convincing win over Liverpool, Arsenal have kept themselves in the title race. Assuming they win their game in hand, they are just 4 points behind Chelsea and 7 points behind Man Utd. If Chelsea beat Man Utd, then they would be just 4 points behind both. What's imperitive from Arsenal is that they don't drop any more silly points (particularly at home).

I would be very suprised if Newcastle's poor defence could restrict them to just one goal in 90 mins.

Cottbus v Schalke

Cottbus were strong on the road recently and convinced at Werder and Wolfsburg. In between there was the disappointing home defeat to Frankfurt though. They are still standing well but more points would have been possible, there were some unlucky referee decisions by instance. Cottbus will try to make the last home game forgetten and the usual factors like passion and moral can be expected. But also their football can be nice. They have full squad for this one.

Schalke have been successful despite the inner rumours and won previous 2 vs. Gladbach and Mainz who are no current tough opponents though. If Schalke fail here, fastly the coach discussion will return. Also the team is no easy one, there are signs of 2 parties within the team. But football has been okay and they prooved the needed wil. Playmaker Lincoln is still injured. Interesting to see the different play because of his missing, the play was a faster one without Lincoln between defence and attack. So his missing needn't be of disadvantage. In form Varely got injured.

If Schalke can porceed with the recent play they are likely to win at Cottbus. An average performance will not be enough, Cottbus may not be underestimated. Because of that I recommand only moderate stake.

Schalke 2.14 betfair 3/10

(Stroked some analysis!)

Feyenoord - AZ

Early bet for me, since I already see some movements on this market, which are very obvious.

I don't use my max. stakes very often, but in this match AZ has to be taken max. stakes in my opinion. I see a lot of similarities with the Feyenoord - Ajax game one month ago.

Feyenoord is having a good streak: 4 wins in a row against Willem 2, Vitesse, Roda and Twente. Good results, but still I had the feeling that in the game against Vitesse and Twente they were pretty lucky. Last week poor Willem 2 managed to score 3 times, the defence still does not look good. In the lost cupmatch last week against RKC (3-2) they also looked very poor.
    AZ is on fire lately, it looks like they can do whatever they want with their opponent, they are playing the best soccer right now in the Dutch Eredivisie. Besides that, they won all their awaymatches so far this season!

I see a lot of similarities with the Feyenoord - Ajax game 4 weeks ago. Ajax is just like AZ a team which can play good attacking football. Against teams like Willem 2, Roda and Vitesse, Feyenoord can win on the basis of fighting spirit. In matches against teams like Ajax and AZ, Feyenoord simply miss the quality to compete with the footballing qualities of the opponent.

Reasons not to bet:
    - Normally AZ plays less good against the traditional Top 3 (you can wonder if Feyenoord is a real Top 3 team right now).
    - Feyenoord won 4 matches in a row in the Eredivisie.

Reasons to bet:
    - Feyenoord defence still look shaky.
    - AZ playing the best football right now
    - AZ won all their awaymatches this season so far (all won by a 2 goal margin or more)
    - Quality difference in the team

2.60 has to be taken max. stakes in my opinion, I would not give higher than 2.10 for AZ. I also took AZ to win by two goals or more, because once the AZ machine is rolling it is hard to stop it. Over 2.5 goals is also looking very good: AZ is the most productive team of the Eredivisie while Feyenoord concedes a lot.

Pick AZ @2.60 (10/10) (Bwin)
    Odds will drop for sure. (They already have)

Best of luck to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Arsenal (-2) @ 11/5
    Chelsea (-2) @ 7/4
    Real Madrid (-2) @ 11/5

Pays out at 28/1 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Alright lads, literally running out the door so no write ups! Bold Pighead!

Dundalk@11/10, Ac Milan@4/6, Team Bath@11/10, Man Utd@1/3

Think its about 8/1. Good luck to all. Great write ups too lads!

Except you Wyndham. Shameless copy and paste job there!

Fckin Wolves got an 89th minute equaliser. Always the way. bunch of motherless cnts. Christmas is cancelled this year.

Pighead wrote:

Except you Wyndham. Shameless copy and paste job there!

Guilty as charged. No point in having a dog and barking yourself and all that.

county wrote:
    chelsea 1-5:)
    man utd 1-3:)
    arsenal 2-7:(
    liverpool 11-10:(
    man city 11-10:)
    reading 10-11:)
    everton 5-4:)
    portsmouth(draw) 5-2:(

return of 136.39 for 1 placed

so close and yet so far,arsenal should have won and portsmouth scoring a peno at the death,didnt see any of the liverpool game but i bet they were poor

Bad weekend all around it would seem. :mad:

wyndham wrote:
    Bad weekend all around it would seem. :mad:

theres still tomorrow;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

After watching the Palermo game i dont think ill ever back on this league again! talk about Negativity!!!!! Defend Defend Defend,,,,,boreing.Although Palermo were looking good untill simplicio got sent off,after that it was over as far as an away win was concerned :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Didn't touch this game, but thought that there was only one winner once Palermo went down to 10.

spurs to win 17-10
    wigan to draw 11-5

8.6 return for one placed

and also stuck a tenner on this

Blackburn v Tottenham
    Half-Time/Full-Time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

county wrote:
    spurs to win 17-10
    wigan to draw 11-5

Blackburn v Tottenham
    Half-Time/Full-Time

Sound when you consider they came from behind against Chelsea, but not so sound when you consider they were raped after taking the lead against Reading. The beauty of football I suppose.

county wrote:
    spurs to win 17-10
    wigan to draw 11-5

Blackburn v Tottenham
    Half-Time/Full-Time

gutless spurs,enough said

Atromitos v Panathinaikos/away
    Mallorca v Barcelona/away
    Maritimo v Sporting Lisbon/away
    Marseille v Valenciennes/home
    Deportivo v Celta Vigo/away
    River Plate v Gimnasia La Plata/home

return of 30ish for one placed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

patmac wrote:
    I have to say I like this bet any accummulators should be kept to a minimum of four any more and some team are bound to let you down. I used to be a ladbrokes manager and we were told at the time that 50% of odds on shots up to 4/6 (ie 9/10,4/5. 8/11 etc) and 20% 8/13 and worse (4/7, 1/3,1/4,1/9 etc) lose, this is where they make their profits.
    I also always do a mad bet every week and have been for the last 5 years I'm not making any money on it but it has paid over €400 twice for a €7.50 bet its basically a €0.50 lucky 15 on half-time full time usually involves Man Utd, Arsenal. This weeks bet is:

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Newcastle/Arsenal @ 22 - 1

Sheff Utd v Man Utd
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Sheff Utd/Man Utd @ 20 - 1

Half-Time/Full-Time

Blackburn v Tottenham
    Half-Time/Full-Time

My god a lot of live posiibilities with this bet this weekend, great shout, unlucky

county wrote:
    Atromitos v Panathinaikos/away:)
    Mallorca v Barcelona/away:)
    Maritimo v Sporting Lisbon/away:)
    Marseille v Valenciennes/home:)
    Deportivo v Celta Vigo/away:)
    River Plate v Gimnasia La Plata/home:)

return of 30ish for one placed

the disappointment of the spurs bet does`nt seem so bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 31,377 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

on saturday i had
    Man city,
    chelsea,
    manu,
    Portsmouth,
    reading,
    everton
    and..unfortunately..arsenal.
    would've been about 100 for 2placed if Arse had just started Henry!

Still won with Man U, Chelsea and Zaragoza, as well as Reading Sunderland Lyon and Sevilla though which returned about 35between the 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

quazzy wrote:
    Arsenal @ 2 - 7 :(
    Chelsea @ 1 - 5 :)
    Portsmouth @ 8 - 13 :)
    Man Utd @ 1 - 3 :)
    Reading @ 10 - 11 :)

@county
    I dont fancy liverpool to win away from home any time soon, but good luck with it

God damn Gunners...

The Pool continue there terrible away form.

Well done county on you Sunday acca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Anfield

Anfield wrote:
    5 Points Acca

Middlesbrough v Liverpool (11/10):mad:

Liverpool terrible away from home this season with just 1 goal scored. Middlesbrough have been very up and down this season and with Benitez moving Gerrard into a more central role I can see Liverpool getting their 1st away win of the season here at a good price.

Birmingham v Wolves (8/11):mad:

Wolves are without striker Carl Cort for this match and have lost their last 5 games away from. Birmingham on the other hand could welcome back Matt Upson to the squad after injury and are looking for their 6th win in a row on Saturday. Therefore Birmingham get my vote for this game.

Macclesfield v Boston Utd (5/4):mad:

This is a risky one but I believe Macclesfiled should get their 1st win of the season here. Macclesfield are bottom of League 2 and Boston are 2nd from bottom. Macclesfield have been improving since Paul Ince took over as manager and got a good 0.0 draw in League 2 leaders Walsall in the FA Cup last week. As for Boston, as mentioned in another post they could be going into administration and also have not won a game on the road this season.

Hearts v Rangers (+1) 4/9:)

I never usually bet on rangers but I think this is a good bet due to the turmoil at Hearts. I'm not confident on Rangers winning outright, that is why I have gone for the +1 bet to be on the safe side.

5 Points on Liverpool, Birmingham, Macclesfield, Rangers (+1) @ 10/1

A very poor weekend 1 out of 4. Terrible. Acca was finished before it even started when Birmingham conceded a last minute equalizer to wolves.
    Liverpool couldnt score a winner againt Middlesbrough and Boston hammered Macclesfield 3-1.
    Well done County on your Sunday Acca.

Advertisement