Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the world coming to?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

naa the women are fat and always were like men is wat im sayin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Why is it when we over here teenagers talking we believe everything they say yet when we ask them a question we dont believe a word they say!!!!!!!!

Teenagers lie to impress friends and peers always have and always will!!!!

They lie about how much they had to drink, how many sexual partners, when they first had sex even dare i say it how much pocket money they get.....

And we will just swallow it up whole and god forbid the media report it or The lord him self jerry ryan (and yes i type this while bowing in awe) says it then it has to be true.

Yes a very small amount are more advanced then the majority but that has always been the way folks as rosy as you like to make your childhood out to be...........oh that did not happen in my day

In the early 70's people as young as 13 were registered and going to jervis street hospital for treatment of heroin addiction...........

Just one very small example of how it did happen in the day........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Snowballing is a fairly common practice in local teen discos here in Kilkenny except the object of the game is for the girl to kiss as many guys as possible not just the one she just blew.

A couple of years ago my babysitter, then 14, saw a couple having full on sex in a youth disco in Carlow. The age range for the disco was 11-16 and took place between 5pm and 9pm. The couple were beside the dance floor and not hiding away.

A less harmful practice is that of the girls 'meating' as many boys as possible at a disco.

I wish I didn't have a 12 year old daughter.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

upthere wrote:
    naa the women are fat and always were like men is wat im sayin

And Irish lads were always skinny, spotty, smelled of BO and dressed badly - and then there were the bad things about them!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Raekwon wrote:
    'Finger cuffs' (no clue where that name came from).
    Chasing Amy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just turned 13 when I had my first kiss and freaked out when the guy tried to put his hand up my top. My first boyfriend was when I was 14 and again, I don't think he even put his hand up my top. The mere thought of a blow-job or handjob horrified me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Well, sad if they were being honest. But you also have to take into consideration that they might have been putting each other on, and trying to be what they think was mature? Anyone see the film "American Beauty," where the hot, very young girl that claimed all the experience with boys was a fraud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

It wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Kids always try to act older than they are/more grown up, sure even the fact that they were sitting in a cafe says a lot. Also, with there being even more sex/sex related stuff on tv or in the media in general, they're more exposed to it and see what the adults are doing and think that they'll be more mature/grown up if they follow suit.

Not to mention peer pressure amongst their social circles.
    It's going to continue, not much we can do to stop it. Even parents can do little to stop it except being over-protective of their children which in itself bears bad consequences and for a few its going to end in tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

One mate actually told me that he took part in a 'sex merry-go-round' when he was 16 and at some summer camp. He said that four girls get on there knees in a circle with there heads down/butts up and his friends and him took turns in having their 'merry' way with them

he didnt by any chance mention the name/location of the camp did he?:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

steveland? wrote:
    Chasing Amy

Ah yes, trust Kevin Smith to come up with that one ;)

he didnt by any chance mention the name/location of the camp did he? :D:D

Somewhere in Slovakia. I was actually over there last summer and when I saw his female friends, and women in general, I was extremely jealous of him :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Slovakia!!!!
    this has all the flashbacks of a film i seen recently, let me guess there is 5 beautiful women for every man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Slovakia!!!!
    this has all the flashbacks of a film i seen recently, let me guess there is 5 beautiful women for every man :)

Well 'Hostel' did paint a lovely picture of Slovakia in fairness :rolleyes: But besides the bullsh*t stereotypes that the American film industry force upon us, the girls there actually are absolutely stunner's and are very friendly too, but they don't walk around half naked and want to have sex with random strangers like that movie depicted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My cousin was preg at 13. By a 19 year old... They're advanced. it's sick n wrong. wtf are parents doing to control their kids? heads up their asses! She's 15 now had the kid, has another bloke now, off sneaking around again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I know, its disgusting. People eavesdropping in cafés, what next?

:D:D Brilliant :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Don't mean to scare ya' all but I'm 15 and this is all we talk about!

Advertisement