Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the world coming to?

Options
  • 14-11-2006 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

i was in a cafe with a friend recently and i was appauld by the conversation by the girls at the next table.I know them as they are friends with my little sis!Thay wer talking about"riding" and 1 girl said"Its my bfs birthday 2mr- ill give hima Bj for it-Im not bothered buying him a present"

These are 13 year olds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I remember being a twelve/thirteen year old and talkin bout how many boobs I'd seen.. didn't see many after :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

connundrum wrote:
    I remember being a twelve/thirteen year old and talkin bout how many boobs I'd seen.. didn't see many after :(

I didn't see any when I was 12/13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Ah yes! The indiscretions of youth begin younger and younger!!

And then the tax man pays for all the babies.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

pepper wrote:
    i was in a cafe with a friend recently and i was appauld by the conversation by the girls at the next table.I know them as they are friends with my little sis!Thay wer talking about"riding" and 1 girl said"Its my bfs birthday 2mr- ill give hima Bj for it-Im not bothered buying him a present"

These are 13 year olds!

:eek: that is scary pepper! Mostly cos I have a 15 year old sis & I hope to God she's not that far advanced :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

That's pretty fucked up. It's a pity too because at that age she never really had the chance to make an informed decision whether she ready for that sort of relationship or not. Just doing what she thinks is normal or cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

pepper wrote:

I know, its disgusting. People eavesdropping in cafés, what next?

miamee wrote:
    advanced :( :eek:

I really wouldn't have considered that potty talk as being advanced :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

What only a bleeding bj on me bday give her the ole heave ho the scaby ho :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

MrJoeSoap wrote:

It has to be said, I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

pepper wrote:

These are 13 year olds!

Yeah I know, next thing you know they'll be letting kids go through school without learning to spell. It's appauling really. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

humbert wrote:
    That's pretty fucked up. It's a pity too because at that age she never really had the chance to make an informed decision whether she ready for that sort of relationship or not. Just doing what she thinks is normal or cool.
    Its really really sad that kids and IMHO thats what they are, are being sexualised at that age. I remember reading an article in Marie Claire or some such magazine a while ago about the Daisy Chain pheonomenon that was sweeping the States. It went something like this: 10 to 12 boys were lining up with their trousers off, the girl was naked, the boys masturbated until they were standing to attention then the girl would give one after another a blow job. I think the average age of the kids in question was 13 years old. :eek:
    One mother only discovered it after taking her daughter to the doctor because she had what she thought was a sore throat but it turned out to be an STI.

kizzyr wrote:
    Its really really sad that kids and IMHO thats what they are, are being sexualised at that age. I remember reading an article in Marie Claire or some such magazine a while ago about the Daisy Chain pheonomenon that was sweeping the States. It went something like this: 10 to 12 boys were lining up with their trousers off, the girl was naked, the boys masturbated until they were standing to attention then the girl would give one after another a blow job. I think the average age of the kids in question was 13 years old.

Sounds very much like an urban legend tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

MrJoeSoap wrote:

:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

connundrum wrote:
    I really wouldn't have considered that potty talk as being advanced :confused:
    Well when I was 13 I would not have had the first clue what a Bj was & if you'd explained it to me & then asked me did I want to do it to Howard Donald or whoever I was in love with at the time I still would have run a mile! So to me, for a 13 year old, it sounds very advanced!

miamee wrote:
    Well when I was 13 I would not have had the first clue what a Bj was & if you'd explained it to me & then asked me did I want to do it to Howard Donald or whoever I was in love with at the time I still would have run a mile! So to me, for a 13 year old, it sounds very advanced!

I think you mean sexually advanced where connundrum means that it isn't very advanced in the sense that it isn't intelligent or sophisticated.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

MrJoeSoap wrote:

I would fully believe that those "games" was going on with young people today.

It is really sad the way young people are so sexualised nowadays. I remember when i was 13 (i'm 24 now) i had my first kiss, we used to hang out behind the cattle mart and time each other snogging.
    Nowadays kissing (no harm in that) begins in primary school as young as 10 if not younger. And by the time they are 13 it's only normal for the girls to be giving blowjobs etc, nowadays it's seen as normal as kissing someone.

humbert wrote:
    I think you mean sexually advanced where connundrum means that it isn't very advanced in the sense that it isn't intelligent or sophisticated.
    Ah right sorry connundrum, I did mean sexually advanced

Thanks humbert :)

trilo wrote:
    I would fully believe that those "games" was going on with young people today.

It is really sad the way young people are so sexualised nowadays. I remember when i was 13 (i'm 24 now) i had my first kiss, we used to hang out behind the cattle mart and time each other snogging.
    Nowadays kissing (no harm in that) begins in primary school as young as 10 if not younger. And by the time they are 13 it's only normal for the girls to be giving blowjobs etc, nowadays it's seen as normal as kissing someone.

you're probably right but it still sounds nuts to me, when I was ten if a girl had tried to kiss me I think In would have found it disgusting:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Em.... People have always been like that. Some girls and boys are at it from 13/14 others are round 18/19 by the time they get their first kiss.

Its always been the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

trilo wrote:
    And by the time they are 13 it's only normal for the girls to be giving blowjobs etc, nowadays it's seen as normal as kissing someone.

As an 18 year old, I can, unfortunately, say that is absolutely untrue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

trilo wrote:

And they say romantic Ireland's dead and gone!

tbh wrote:
    And they say romantic Ireland's dead and gone!

Its with O'Leary round the back of the cattleshed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

connundrum wrote:

thats because all the girls found out you were boasting mate. another lesson learned the hard way ;)

tbh wrote:
    thats because all the girls found out you were boasting mate.

Didn't see many in the first place either :(

Staying up late, waiting for the 'Over 18' film FTL :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

connundrum wrote:
    Didn't see many in the first place either :(

Staying up late, waiting for the 'Over 18' film FTL :o
    Ah yes, I remember when "Naked Souls" came on......that was great. I didn;t even know that that stuff was on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Much and all as I'd like to think it is too I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm only 29 but at times am shocked at the sexual behaviour of what I think are still children and cannot believe how different things seem to be for tweens and teens now compared to when I was that age. Ok I did grow up in the country and my parents were very strict about where we went and who with so that may have been some of the reason but the idea of having sex that young never ever entered my head or any of my friends.
    BTW the daisy chain was not only happening in the US it was a big thing in the schools in England too and for the older girls "roasting" was the thing. Apparently roasting is when a girl has a threesome with two blokes one at each end. Nice isn't it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

That stuff is made up mate. Lived in England, Ireland and currently in the States. Never once heard of anyone (not even friends of friends of friends) knowing about stuff like this. Someone's been extracting the urine with you.
    kizzyr wrote:
    Much and all as I'd like to think it is too I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm only 29 but at times am shocked at the sexual behaviour of what I think are still children and cannot believe how different things seem to be for tweens and teens now compared to when I was that age. Ok I did grow up in the country and my parents were very strict about where we went and who with so that may have been some of the reason but the idea of having sex that young never ever entered my head or any of my friends.
    BTW the daisy chain was not only happening in the US it was a big thing in the schools in England too and for the older girls "roasting" was the thing. Apparently roasting is when a girl has a threesome with two blokes one at each end. Nice isn't it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

kizzyr wrote:
    Apparently roasting is when a girl has a threesome with two blokes one at each end. Nice isn't it:rolleyes:

Yeah I have heard of this too, it is also called 'Spit roast' (because the person in the middle looks like a pig on a spit) or 'Finger cuffs' (no clue where that name came from).

Yeah I agree, it is a very worrying trend that the youth of today are getting such 'sexual exposure' at a very young age (13 is crazy IMO), but then again Ireland might be just catching up with the rest of the world. Let me expand on this before I get verbally 'spit roasted' ;)

I have many friends from different countries and when the classic 'what age did you lose your virginity' question cropped up I was laughed at when I answered '19'. Apparently most of my 'foreign' mates were going at it like rabbits since they were 14/15 years old. One mate actually told me that he took part in a 'sex merry-go-round' when he was 16 and at some summer camp. He said that four girls get on there knees in a circle with there heads down/butts up and his friends and him took turns in having their 'merry' way with them. They laughed even more when I told them that when I was 16 getting a kiss off a girl that you fancied was always satisfactory enough :rolleyes:

I am not saying everybody was like me, but I'm sure I speak for a large majority of people who grew up in this country, I suppose maybe we held onto our youth alot longer *back then

*early 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

Raekwon wrote:
    Yeah I have heard of this too, it is also called 'Spit roast' (because the person in the middle looks like a pig on a spit) or 'Finger cuffs' (no clue where that name came from).

Yeah I agree, it is a very worrying trend that the youth of today are getting such 'sexual exposure' at a very young age (13 is crazy IMO), but then again Ireland might be just catching up with the rest of the world. Let me expand on this before I get verbally 'spit roasted' ;)

I have many friends from different countries and when the classic 'what age did you lose your virginity' question cropped up I was laughed at when I answered '19'. Apparently most of my 'foreign' mates were going at it like rabbits since they were 14/15 years old. One mate actually told me that he took part in a 'sex merry-go-round' when he was 16 and at some summer camp. He said that four girls get on there knees in a circle with there heads down/butts up and his friends and him took turns in having their 'merry' way with them. They laughed even more when I told them that when I was 16 getting a kiss off a girl that you fancied was always satisfactory enough :rolleyes:

I am not saying everybody was like me, but I'm sure I speak for a large majority of people who grew up in this country, I suppose maybe we held onto our youth alot longer *back then

*early 90's

Ireland will have caugh up once there have been enough intermarriages with polish east euros because we are not an attractive nation in general. in my opinion ugly! At 15 I found all the girls/most ugly fat and loud and was same in most other towns around. We have 3 generations to get any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

upthere wrote:
    Ireland will have caugh up once there have been enough intermarriages with polish east euros because we are not an attractive nation in general. in my opinion ugly! At 15 I found all the girls/most ugly fat and loud and was same in most other towns around. We have 3 generations to get any better.

I'm not sure we are on the same wave length here :rolleyes:

I don't think it is necessarily a good thing that Ireland has caught up with the rest of the world in terms of young teenagers being sexual active, in fact if anything it could lead to serious repercussions which could then lead to more social problems (more unwanted pregnancies, the spread of STD's etc).

I just think that past generations of people in this country grew up with the old school Catholic mentality of: 'if you have sex then you are a slut' or (in more extreme cases) 'sex before marriage is bad'. I think the youth of today are more sexually liberated, mainly thanks to the internet it has to be said. When I was in my early teens we didn't even have Playboy magazine in Ireland coz it was banned! Ah those were the days :)

Advertisement