Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls are bad people.

Options
  • 13-11-2006 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

For many weekends in a row now I have gotten numbers off girls I have met in clubs. They all seemed interested in me at the time. When I text them maybe a day or two later, they never reply. I've had enough of this behaviour. Why would a girl give me their number and not want to hear from me?

Yours,
    Jeff

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well Jeff...I just don't know :)

Boys do this too...it's not a universally girly thing if that makes you feel any better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cause they were drunk at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Try ringing it instead of texting. Its so impersonal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What you need to do is find out where they live, work, drink etc.. Then persue them, wait outside their jobs after work, send flowers etc..

That aut to melt their butter lol...

;);)

The above is not actually recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

miamee wrote:
    Well Jeff...I just don't know :)

Boys do this too...it's not a universally girly thing if that makes you feel any better :D

why dont they give me a fake number or make an excuse for not giving me their number?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SteamTrean

I suffer from a mighty serve too. My 140 mph monster serve has produced many aces this year. I don't get it. They look interested, they enthusiastically give out their number.. and then they just ignore the text. Fcuked if I know. Wouldn't it be better if they just text "Fcuk off freak!" At least you'd know. *sob*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

hallelujah wrote:
    why dont they give me a fake number or make an excuse for not giving me their number?
    Maybe it is a fake number...maybe you're texting her granny, who knows?
    Maybe she was run over by a bus?
    Maybe she has a boyfriend but just couldn't resist you on Saturday night ;)

I don't know how all girls think, just this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

SteamTrean wrote:
    Wouldn't it be better if they just text "Fcuk off freak!" At least you'd know. *sob*

Ah no, sure ya can't be doing that! :D

I don't know why people do this. I've never had it done to me though. I wouldn't give out my number to someone I didn't want to hear from again tbh.

SteamTrean wrote:
    I suffer from a mighty serve too. My 140 mph monster serve has produced many aces this year. I don't get it. They look interested, they enthusiastically give out their number.. and then they just ignore the text. Fcuked if I know. Wouldn't it be better if they just text "Fcuk off freak!" At least you'd know. *sob*

Yeah & you'd know who to stalk too :eek:

lol @ aces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well then don't try and date girls try dating a woman instead.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    Well then don't try and date girls try dating a woman instead.

Bad advice. More of same and ban will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

xzanti wrote:
    What you need to do is find out where they live, work, drink etc.. Then persue them, wait outside their jobs after work, send flowers etc..

That aut to melt their butter lol...

;);)

The above is not actually recommended

Oh... no... *terrible realisation*

I was in Eamonn Dorans Saturday night. Met this nice girl. Chatting away. Her name was Rachel. Swapped numbers, etc. I even told my mates to leave Dorans without me as I was romancing Rachel. Text her yesterday - no reply.

GGgggggrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

nope,

just cornflakes

kellogs cornflakes

plenty of it by the looks of things

Maybe you seemed a little too keen?

takola wrote:
    Maybe you seemed a little too keen?

Not at all. I am always very wary about giving the impression I am desperate.

So why did you tell your friends to head off without you so you could stay with her? :confused:

takola wrote:
    So why did you tell your friends to head off without you so you could stay with her? :confused:

Because I was with her. They were going to Spirit. I wanted to kiss Rachel. Declan says its because I'm ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Could be any number of reasons...

Could have a boyfriend
    Was just being poilte on the night
    Didnt particurally fancy you
    Dosent want a relationship
    Was drunk

I dunno men do it to - its part of life!

hallelujah wrote:
    Because I was with her. They were going to Spirit. I wanted to kiss Rachel. Declan says its because I'm ugly.

Did you get to kiss her? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

takola wrote:
    Did you get to kiss her? :rolleyes:

I honestly cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What are you saying in the text message the next morning...? Make it something silly and show off a sense of humour or soemthing.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

:D

Maybe you made an absolute plank of yourself then!!!

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    What are you saying in the text message the next morning...? Make it something silly and show off a sense of humour or soemthing.

Basically a very boring 'You have a good night last night'. I usually pad the second message with wit and humour. Its still waiting to be sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SteamTrean

hallelujah wrote:
    Basically a very boring 'You have a good night last night'. I usually pad the second message with wit and humour. Its still waiting to be sent.

Second Text?? hmmm, I never thought of that. It would be needy, but then again there's nothing to loose. re: are you ugly? Maybe. But I am not and I too am a sufferer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

hallelujah wrote:
    When I text them maybe a day or two later, they never reply.
    It's not their number.

You know you could say "Hey Rachel, how about we go for coffee tomorrow at 5. Give me your number and I'll ring you" or something to that effect. Gives you a reason to ring. Of course they could still give you a fake number.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Sp@rtacus

hallelujah wrote:
    I was in Eamonn Dorans Saturday night. Met this nice girl. Chatting away. Her name was Rachel. Swapped numbers, etc. I even told my mates to leave Dorans without me as I was romancing Rachel. Text her yesterday - no reply.

GGgggggrrrr!

Hallelujah: "So, Rachel, whats your number then?"
    Rachel: "It's eh, hang on <scrolls through fon to retrieve number of James* the random punter who gave Rachel his number earlier in the night> 087 555 ....."
    Hallelujah: "Hallelujah, I'll text you tomorrow"
    Rachel: *Snigger*

Cue James gets a random text next day and thinks, HHmmm, who the hell did I give my number to? Rings the VM only to hear Hallelujah's manly tones!! :eek: :eek: Cue, frantic panicked attempts to convince himself he wasnt actually in The George followed by half an hour talking to God on the Big white phone.

Extended cue: No text back for Hallelujah.

* May not be real name

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What the hell happened here? I gave good advice early on and everyone seems to be taking the p*ss now - is there an in joke i'm missing or are there posts being reported all over the place here for being off topic?

If its a troll fine someone lock it but posters that should know better are being very immature.

I say move it to Personal Issues (remember the whole someone got banned for a comment they made in a AH thread when it was moved to Politics situation?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

To get rid of you without hurting your feelings. Guys do it too.

hallelujah wrote:
    Why would a girl give me their number and not want to hear from me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hallelujah wrote:
    Hey all,

For many weekends in a row now I have gotten numbers off girls I have met in clubs. They all seemed interested in me at the time. When I text them maybe a day or two later, they never reply. I've had enough of this behaviour. Why would a girl give me their number and not want to hear from me?

Yours,
    Jeff
    My best friend does that and I've no idea why
    well, she'll text back but I doubt she's ever that interested
    maybe it's being polite when asked for number and wanting attention
    *shrug*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement