Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you hand up each week/month

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

My parents currently GIVE me 330 a month as I'm in college and they don't want me to work during term time! I do pay for the calls I make on the house phone though

What a great way of learning the value of money :rolleyes:

I currently rent and have done for past 4 years, a lot more expensive than living at home but for the independence and freedom its worth it.

Starting to pay mortgage in jan but shouldnt be much diffrence

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How much do hand up a week/month to your parents for keep? just intrested to see how my situation is

I hand up 300 euro a month which is about 15% of my monthly wages, what about yourself?
    I give them some of my grant
    (non-working student)
    it varies completely, tbh
    last few weeks, couple hundred a week
    we'll see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

skywalker wrote:
    I hand up €400 a month, reckon Im gonna increase that in the new year, what with the rise in heating prices this winter and all. The extra money has to come from somewhere.

How dya find it Ruu? Id imagine the first year into owning your first place is about the hardest time financially.

Hehe, and then your folks get a nice letter from the taxman asking for twice what they've paid you and probably asking why they arent registered as a landlord too, yeah thats a good plan alright. Theres no such thing as a free lunch.

I haven't made any payments yet, we are closing in December, so first payment will be in January. It shouldn't be a problem, I am pretty good at managing money. I expect it to be very daunting all the same. I'm the sort of person who still has their communion money. :)

I was handing up 240 a month to share a room, wash my own clothes and eat dinner 3 time's a week because I'm hardly home!
    My mother decided I was earning too much and doubled the amount I had to hand up within a week of me coming back from my hol's, paying my car tax, my NCT and paying for a full service on my car! (she really wanted the money)
    So I moved out which evidently work's out around same price!

and the freedom is ****ing brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

So can anyone clarify the rent relief situation for sure? I dont want to claim anything and then the tax office send my dad a bill or something? Hes self employed so already registered for tax, but not as a landlord

And 300 seems about average, i thought i was being ripped off :D But when i consider thats for my room, internet, esb, gas, sky sports etc i think its a good deal compared to people living on their own and tbh i like living at home (possibly the only 22 year old that does!). maybe il put it up a little in a few months when my debts are sorted out to surprise him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Another vote for 300 euro per month here. At least, until I lost my job. Now I pay nothing. I prefer payi ng nothing; better value for money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Zero. On my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ruu wrote:
    I haven't made any payments yet, we are closing in December, so first payment will be in January. It shouldn't be a problem, I am pretty good at managing money. I expect it to be very daunting all the same. I'm the sort of person who still has their communion money. :)

Congratulations chap. Hope it all goes well for ya. Btw you dont still have my communion money about the place do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

For the last 12 months:

TOTAL INCOME 17,131.66

TOTAL EXPENSES 23,206.39

Of course, I have two college going kids who work but hand up nothing. I'm sure they'll bitch (about me) when the phone and the internet are gone.

But they can somehow afford taxis to and from nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Slow coach wrote:
    For the last 12 months:

TOTAL INCOME 17,131.66

TOTAL EXPENSES 23,206.39

Of course, I have two college going kids who work but hand up nothing. I'm sure they'll bitch (about me) when the phone and the internet are gone.

But they can somehow afford taxis to and from nightclubs.

Mate the kids have to pay up ... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

600 big ones (plus bills, etc) nearly 40% of my wages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

€400 and pay my own broadband

Advertisement