Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no sex getting in the way?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

i dont know about the holiday, it was the expensive kind, i guessi'l still go, he won't want it anyway.

i don't think i know anyone i'd be hooking up with TBH, I don't really know any men, i tend to meet guys in pubs....maybe thats my problem :)

oh and i'd like to say , this is my first saturday night alone since we started going out nearly two years ago....

.............this is ****, and why is saturday night tv so bad???/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sorry to hear about the break up. Hopefully its for the best! Enjoy the holiday(if you go), who knows ya might meet a nice fella on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Eh, another matter here is how the act of intercourse will have affected your health (since there was a reason why you weren't meant to be having intercourse, remember).

You didn't say what the operation was, but could you have suffered injury from the intercourse?

At the very least if the abstaining from intercourse was to help you heal after the surgery you might be back to square one on the healing period.

I have thought about that but there doesn't seem to be any sign of infection, which was the side effect i was avoiding. As for the healing period,...i am sure that abstaining wont be a problem for some time and the most i can do is hope that i haven't done any damage.

It kind of scary that i was so desperate to fix things that i just pushed my health to the side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭claire-g

Drift wrote:
    Maybe use the holiday as a chance to sort things out? Only the 2 of you with no distractions.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH i dont like this idea at all...........if things go tits up then both of you are stuck somewhere together with no support from friends/family, which u may need :cool:

Id say try to sort it out before the holiday, if it doesnt work out cancel the holiday.......as hard as it mite be to do that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

claire-g wrote:
    ......if things go tits up then both of you are stuck somewhere together with no support from friends/family, which u may need

Fair point, I hadn't really considered that the whole thing could hit the rocks in that way.

Seems like communication is the issue here. A long talk is probably required with no distractions.

Thanks for that but we didn't quite make it through. I don't think the holiday is an issue anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭claire-g

Sorry to hear that.........its pretty **** breaking up with someone, especially when you have feelings for them, as for being single, i guess in time you might start to enjoy it...........give yourself time to get over it, do nice things for yourself and surround yourself with people who love you!!!

Take care
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

do you have any girl friends whom you get on well with?! i'm sure you'd have a good laugh in the hotel together :) glad you didnt put yourself through going with him just cause it was booked. well done - its takes alot to clear your thoughts up.

• Advertisement

Theres more than enough people ready to step up and take his place. i'l be grand,....it won't be what i had planned but i hear this happens to everyone a couple times in their life time.....break ups i mean , not being stood up for five star holidays

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Go on. Go on the holiday.
    It could be brilliant. It could be terrible. But it will still be better than hanging round 'ere thinking about it.

as far as the holiday is concerned someone is going,...the tickets arrived today so we're meeting up to decide what to do, ,..give back things we have belonging to each other etc... we'll see what happens

just had a thought,.....my thread title is having a whole new meaning now...........

ironic

finally changed the name on the ticket so it's final now i'm going with a friend. i wish i still had his credit card

Advertisement