Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the last thing that really made you laugh?

Options
  • 06-11-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭

So when was the last time that you laughed so hard you cried and thought you might actually pee yourself? What was it you laughed at? Something stupid or something very clever and witty?
    I find that the funniest things are often the most inane and stupid.

For me, the last time was a few weeks ago in a friends house. Got quite drunk throughout the day and at about 3am on Sunday morning, we were sat in the garden shed talking about TV ads. I tried to explain the Tango ad that takes the mickey out of the Sony Bravia/Jose Gonzales ad, and I actually laughed so hard thinking about it that I couldnt talk for about 5 minutes. Every time I tried to start explaining the ad again, I collapsed laughing, (especially the part with the melon going through the windscreen, for those who have seen this ad). Yes, I was very very drunk. :)

I know its not actually THAT funny of an ad, but its cool when something so stupid makes you laugh so much. Any good examples of something that made you laugh like that recently?

Comments

Borat movie last night.Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Yesterday my friend was telling me that one night, not so long ago, she decided to play a little trick on her boyfriend, by trying to frighten him.
    The genius plan basically involved her running up behind him, as he sat on a kitchen chair, and shouting "Boo!".

So in she went, ran up behind him, and went "Boooooo!", her boyfriend spun around, and without thinking, smacked her full force in the face with the rolled up newspaper that he had in his hand.

She stood there. hand to cheek, eyes wide open in shock, while he apologized profusely.

She said she actually had newspaper print on her face.

I nearly pi$sed myself laughing, I could just picture the whole thing.

Ha!

Lucky for her that he wasn't reading the phone book at the time, or the story might not have had such a funny ending! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Borat film last night as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

When I saw this thread a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Extras ( TV show, with ricky gervais )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

had to be when i was working in the bar the other night.. 3 little asian girls come up to take a seat and i go over and i wipe down the bar where they are sitting.. Then comes along my colleague thinking he's Joe Cool trys to slide an ash tray in front of them only he puts a little bit too much swing into it and slides right of the table and smashes infront of the girls....
    Then an hour later i was at the end of the bar chatting to 2 mates...
    He grabs a bottle of beer out of the fridge.. takes a big drink out of it, brings it back down and it starts to foam.. (At the same time he is walking over towards our direction) So as he notices the bottle starting to foam he thought it would be a good idea to stick his finger in the bottle which then sprays the beer over my 2 mates... I had to sit down... the laughter was too painful and there was tears.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The thread on "Fools Errands" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the Daniel O Donnell 2007 calender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Check this out. A clip of a baby laughing. It is the cutest thing I or anyone else has ever seen. If you don't laugh at this then you must be of a demonic nature.

http://www.break.com/index/giggling_baby_is_comedians_dream_audience.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Borat movie last night.Genius!

Same Borat is a genius...

"My name a Borat" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The end of 'The Da Vinci Code' film last night... spent 2 minutes chuckling which developed into a proper laugh that ended when Audrey Tautou stuck her foot in the pond at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Saturday night shenanigans....i was laughing all night to be honest, twas great fun!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Specifically, Borat's description of Pamela Anderson as "teeth of pearls & ass of 7 year-old."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Last night's US family guy:

Example:
    The army's great, you get to save money for college, there's free food, and all the brown people you can rape...

Politically Incorrect *AND* controversial!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

The Panel always has me laughing, that or Have I Got News for YOu - but I think my last belly laugh was at the Panel...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Wacker wrote:
    Check this out. A clip of a baby laughing. It is the cutest thing I or anyone else has ever seen. If you don't laugh at this then you must be of a demonic nature.

http://www.break.com/index/giggling_baby_is_comedians_dream_audience.html

was just going to post that exact same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wacker wrote:
    If you don't laugh at this then you must be of a demonic nature

that must be the part of the family tree that is missing

Demon

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

The borat movie was definately an eye watering experience. Its rare that I literally laugh for 80% of a whole movie....gonna watch it again this week, then the next.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

Weekend before last....

Ross O Carrol Kelly and the incident of the dog in the night dress.....book.

The part in it where the hero and friend kept turing up the heating in the car to make the one with the "Top Tens" like lolo ferrari take her Jacket off so they could get a look.

Hero eventually faints from the heat. Wakes up on the ground with his friend wetting himself laughing. Aaks friend whats so funny... Friend explains one with great Top Tens did first aid and knew people who faint need to be kept warm... so takes jacket off.....

I know some people just hate the book but I serious broke my sh1t laughing most of my way through it. That chapter stands out as the best. I could just "see it". Outstanding piece of comedy writting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Had planned to say Borat after reading just the title alone.

Funniest movie I've ever seen. ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I saw this again last night. Person..fall down..funneh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

If you're talking movies then Borat takes some beating. Chenqui!

If you're talking normal everyday people kinda thing it has to be when a guy I was working with said he "went to see a good film last night called Munch"

By which, of course, he meant Munich :o:o

He actually thought the film was called Munch, even when corrected! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

*makes mental note to see borat asap*

The thing that made me split me sides laughing was when I was out with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while on saturday. We had been to a few bars, and ended up in BK on O'Connell St, as he had bought the last round I said i'd buy his meal, so he ordered the largest and most expensive meal on the menu. We got our seats and as he picked up his burger, being slightly drunk and it being so big, he squeezed the bun and the entire contents of it fell out onto his lap just as he had gotten it to his mouth, but that wasn't the funniest part, it was the fact that he acted like it was completely normal and kept on talking about whatever we where talking about while he picked up the pieces of his burger and tried to put them back into his bun. He didn't even acknowledge that it had happened, and when I started laughing he asked me, completely normally, "whats going on, what are you laughing at", I nearly fell on the floor laughing, I was laughing so hard I couldn't actually make a sound and my eyes where streaming down my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

A couple of weeks ago I was in NYC with my Mum. One particular morning my Mum was fascinating me by outlining traditional habits of orthodox Jews. She explained that when they have sexual intercourse the man makes sure that he covers the woman in a sheet and a little hole is fashioned for him to do his business through whilst his wife remains out of site. Fast forward a few hours later, we were trying to hail a cab when (Miss Fluff wonders how she can put this diplomatically......:rolleyes: ........she can't...) we spotted THE ugliest ugliest girl I had ever seen with her husband who was orthodox Jew. Quick as a flash my Mum turned to me and said "no wonder they do it under a sheet". I rolled on the pavement squealing with glee as if large invisible tickle hands were going about their business. I literally cried laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Binomate wrote:
    Borat film last night as well.

I don't know whats wrong with me, but I only laughed once during the whole film. Didn't find it funny at all. Now Clerks 2 had me in fits of laughter nearly the whole way through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Archeron wrote:
    So when was the last time that you laughed so hard you cried and thought you might actually pee yourself? What was it you laughed at? Something stupid or something very clever and witty?
    I find that the funniest things are often the most inane and stupid.

For me, the last time was a few weeks ago in a friends house. Got quite drunk throughout the day and at about 3am on Sunday morning, we were sat in the garden shed talking about TV ads. I tried to explain the Tango ad that takes the mickey out of the Sony Bravia/Jose Gonzales ad, and I actually laughed so hard thinking about it that I couldnt talk for about 5 minutes. Every time I tried to start explaining the ad again, I collapsed laughing, (especially the part with the melon going through the windscreen, for those who have seen this ad). Yes, I was very very drunk. :)

I know its not actually THAT funny of an ad, but its cool when something so stupid makes you laugh so much. Any good examples of something that made you laugh like that recently?
    I was trying not to cry from laughing when I was reading the last 2 pages of the creationism thread in the christianity forum here
    No, seriously
    hm, before that, my bf probably
    we laugh a lot, he's great fun (and insane)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Extras or anything with Ricky Gervais, guaranteed to make me pee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

This gets me everytime....

I can honestly say i laugh heartly everytime i see it!

T.Sc.

ROFL

Never thought i would see myself laughing at a kid but well it was more the lady with him actually, i would not like her minding my son!! but i almost wet myself when i saw this - sorry :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTf7rPIuY8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Trinity1 wrote:
    ROFL

Never thought i would see myself laughing at a kid but well it was more the lady with him actually, i would not like her minding my son!! but i almost wet myself when i saw this - sorry :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTf7rPIuY8

*wipes tear from eye*

ah hahaha, thank you that just made me laugh out loud. Whats so funny is his mother just laughing away while he's saying "ah it hurts, it hurts"

Note to self: Fat kids + Gravity = laugh out loud funny :D

Advertisement