Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will she crack first?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh great stupid generliations about 2/3 of the worlds popultion, there are so unhelpful.
    Any more of them and people will get banned.
    Well, On wednesday we had a silly fight over nothing. Now i'm pretty certain that she initiated it so i think im right.

You could be wrong, it could be not the matter of the arguement but you behaviour that she found objectionible.

But you will never find out if you do not talk to her about it.
    Its now saturday and we hav'nt been in contact at all...

Well you must really care about her if you have not been in touch,
    anything could have happened in the mean time from her deciding you are not worth the hassle to the death of a family memeber or her being in an accident but oh well your pride seems to be more important.
    I thought she would crack first but she has'nt! Its really bugging me!!!

When did you decided this was a stupid pissing contest ?
    How ever holds out the longest in these types of situations will not win,
    infact you will both lose.
    And the thing is, Whoever communicates first is going to have to be the apologetic one....

And where in the stars is that written ?
    You don't have to have an apologetic tone at all.
    Getting in touch and being polite and civil and enquring to how she is and if she is read to talk about what happened and how you two are going resolve disagreements and arguements would be the grown up mature thing to do.
    Should i swallow my pride and just call her even though i know i'm right?

Which is more important to you, your pride and male macho bravado or working things out with your gf ?

Could be that you are both wrong in thinking you are right and you may have to find a comprimise and agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It all depends on whether you want to be right or together. This is not who can hold their breath longer or who can last longest without blinking?
    The longer people don't talk the harder it is to talk. An argument has at least two participants. Approaching her may be painful or upset your ego but it may help teach you the value of compromise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Savman, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i just want to know did he ring her....?
    where are you OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Thaedydal wrote:
    Oh great stupid generliations about 2/3 of the worlds popultion, there are so unhelpful.

Sometimes not so stupid. I'm female and will quite happily admit that sometimes women, including myself, do the most irrational things. When looking at these actions logically, there appears to be no good reason for them. On the other hand, I'm sure men do the same from time to time.

Anyway, both the OP and his missus sound a bit immature to be in a relationship. It is not a contest <-- this point has been made before, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

There have been times when I was right and I gave in and talked, there have been times when he was right and he caved in and talked and there have been times when we both caved in at the same time. Sometimes nobody is wrong. In my opinion a relationship is not a match, being in a relationship where you are both in love is more important. I would say to the OP that you should ring her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Look. Its basic in conflict resolution that several things must be in place, one being that all lines of communication are left open and the other, oh so crucial one is allowing the other to save face.

OP have you done these things?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think the OP should ring her too. Things get worse and bigger when they are allowed to fester.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

crackingup wrote:
    Well, On wednesday we had a silly fight over nothing. Now i'm pretty certain that she initiated it so i think im right.
    You had a "silly fight over nothing" but being "right" is what's important to you? You need to look at what you have said in terms of your relationship with this girl? Then you need also to look at yourself? Remember, there are two sides to every argument? And if you plan on being "right" all the time, you will be a very lonely person in this life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

crackingup wrote:
    Heres the short version...

With my GF for a while now and if we dont see each other everyday then we always text, even just to say goodnight etc...

Its now saturday and we hav'nt been in contact at all...
    I thought she would crack first but she has'nt! Its really bugging me!!!
    And the thing is, Whoever communicates first is going to have to be the apologetic one....
    Should i swallow my pride and just call her even though i know i'm right?
    This is childish. Your relationship sounds like a total power struggle or something joyless like that. Just call her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I'm guessing you are 10 and she is 11 because this is the behaviour of a 10 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Femmy wrote:
    i just want to know did he ring her....?
    where are you OP?

Ya I gave in on saturday night and gave her a call and apologised for being silly, we had a long chat and everything seems to be fine now, meeting her tonight. Thanks for the help guys.

oh, and she did'nt apologise btw. stubborn women!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

/me sighs

OP, did you explain to her that even though you were apologising for your part in the fight you thought she should take some responsibility too? If not then you can't really get annoyed at her not apologising when you did.

Advertisement