Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3, episode 6: Torn

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was great!
    Khannie wrote:
    Sorry for the OT lads but....

I have to say, that prison barge one was a bit shoddy. Episode 4 or 5 in season 1. I was really shocked by it...especially after the quality of the miniseries and the first few episodes of season 1.

5/10 imo. :(

Ah no its not relay off topic is a bsg forum i know its about Season 3 episode 6 and all but nothing wrong with a little flash back talk to hold us over until the 2nd part which i don`t think ill get to see until Sunday morning :( (friends 21st on Saturday) and i was thinking of going to town on Saturday morning, well i suppose i could just stay u till bout 5 or 6am and then watch it but tired and such

Dammit i always ramble anyway, ye the prision episode it was episode 3 and although it wasent a great episode but it was important to the story.

It introduced Tom Zarek a great character who had allot to do with the main story arc

Ill admit it wasent a 9 or anything but it was a high 6 the actors where still warming up it was only the 3rd episode not counting the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It was okay...
    You have to take things in context with a show like this though. This episode (Torn) could easily have been "Amazing" 5/5, but I'd be forced to vote it "Great" on account of episodes like 33, Resurrection Ship and Exodus Part II, which were even better.

Vote everything Amazing and there'd be no way of making the distinction for episodes which are really Amazing+1 :D

Picked up the Season 1+2 boxset today anyway.. bit disappointed they didn't include more of the podcasts and videos from SciFi.com, but what can you do :(

It was great!
    ye like a few have said im waiting for the mega mega colecters edition complete release when the show finanly comes to a end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Some of them (two of them) are known by their numbers, six and three. The rest are never identified as far as I can tell.

e.g. in this episode Six refers to the Cylon you [Baltar] know as Leoban.

Why use numbers sonetimes and names sometimes? Are the writers of the show hiding something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It was okay...
    Doral is number five, and Sharon is number eight.

Also interestingly from Wikipedia ... "In his Battlestar Galactica Podcast, Ronald Moore explained that the Hybrids should be considered a "Model 0" of humanoid cylons, an intermediate step between humanoid and mechanical model cylons."

• Advertisement

It was great!
    Well hold on - thats not very nice. if humans crated cylons and then the humans or the cylons created the hybrid, then that means that the hybrid created the human form`s and then they decided in the words of three "She dosent get a vote - Jump the ship" so They turned there own createor into a slave and then went on a quest to destroy the creators of there creator......

EDIT: also i dont know why but i get the feeling simon is a "4" is this in my head or was it in a episode?

It was okay...
    heh, interesting but not the way I figured it.

Humans created the cylons, then the cylons created the hybrid, then the same cylons adapted the human form. The hybrid is model 0, or a beta model for the human form, not the creator. Cylon consciousness and intelligence pre-dates both of these things.
                : Cylon Family Tree :

Humans
                           |
                           |
                        Cylons
                           |
          _________________|__________________
          |                |                 |
       Hybrid          Humanoids       Centurions

The Hybrid and Centurions were created to serve a purpose. I think so anyway.

SofaKing wrote:
    Doral is number five, and Sharon is number eight.
    Thanks, What I was wondering is if the 7 we know are numbered 1 - 7 and the 5 newer models are missing.
    Guess not.

It was great!
    Goodshape wrote:
    heh, interesting but not the way I figured it.

Humans created the cylons, then the cylons created the hybrid, then the same cylons adapted the human form. The hybrid is model 0, or a beta model for the human form, not the creator. Cylon consciousness and intelligence pre-dates both of these things.
                : Cylon Family Tree :

Humans
                           |
                           |
                        Cylons
                           |
          _________________|__________________
       Hybrid          Humanoids       Centurions

The Hybrid and Centurions were created to serve a purpose. I think so anyway.

Hmm interesting. I have to agree to that now the only 2 question i need answered are

1.What did the original cylons look like

2.How did they actually rebel against humans originally they would not have had centurions back then or base ships or raiders let alone a resurrection ship so could have they originally waged war ? Im assuming at the end of the war when they signed the peace humans gave cylons ships to leave to there own home world in.

I think that the human military wouldn't have been at all ready for a war. If the twelve colonies had been at peace for a long time the cylons wouldn't need to have much fighting power themselves.

I think it was mentioned that each colony had one battlestar, which struck me as the type of thing you'd have if the military was run for show rather than for fighting. On top of that, the computer networks were taken out quickly so I think the Cylons would have found it easy enough especially since their aim in the first war was to excape and gain their freedom.

Since they were rebelling, it's possible that the humans weren't that keen to hold onto them anyway and were happy to let them go.

• Advertisement

It was okay...
    Well, hopefully we'll find out if/when 'Caprica' starts.

But I think John_C is right, there wouldn't have been much of a human military to speak of. Also, remember that Cylons are machines, and not just the humanoid variety. Where did they get the ships, weapons, etc? They were the ships and weapons, aswell as more conventional 'robot like' servant models.

Imagine all the things the Internet is plugged into today (which is increasing all the time) -- now imagine all of that coming alive and fighting for it's freedom.

It was great!
    Well TBH as ive said humans would have not built the cylons with weapons so unless the models had some sort or opposable thumbs or some sort of grappling devices they would find it hard to even hold a human gun then again they most likely just used the brute strength.

i don't know why but i have visions of cylons working on construtcion sites and street cleaning

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It was great!
    User45701 wrote:
    i don't know why but i have visions of cylons working on construtcion sites and street cleaning

The opening scene of the mini series says that they were constructed "to make life easier on the twelve colonies" (or some such). It's an reasonable inference that they were a bunch of robots able to pick up guns and take control of important computer systems.

It was great!
    i have to say i am relay enjoying all the BSG talk going on recently there is allot more interest here since the start of season 3.

I know there is a BSG game but its for the ps2 or something i think
    Id love a PC BSG game but what could it be about?

Its not as if it could be a FPS because its not as if there is a huge ammount of marine vs centurion combat

RPG could be interesting but i don't see it being that brilliant because it would be very limited.

BTH i think that BSG is an amazing show for story line but as a game it would be very limited. I suppose there could be a game where you fly vipers and also engage in ground combat or maybe even a cylon sided game?

I think a very interesting game would be a "what if" game. If the game was based on a colonlys vs cylon war if six had not disabled the defense system....

I know this is not the game forums or even the right topic im just bored in work and i started waffling if anyone has a problem with this discussion just say so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

User45701 wrote:
    i have to say i am relay enjoying all the BSG talk going on recently there is allot more interest here since the start of season 3.

Its not as if it could be a FPS because its not as if there is a huge ammount of marine vs centurion combat

RPG could be interesting but i don't see it being that brilliant because it would be very limited.

BTH i think that BSG is an amazing show for story line but as a game it would be very limited. I suppose there could be a game where you fly vipers and also engage in ground combat or maybe even a cylon sided game?

I think a very interesting game would be a "what if" game. If the game was based on a colonlys vs cylon war if six had not disabled the defense system....

I know this is not the game forums or even the right topic im just bored in work and i started waffling if anyone has a problem with this discussion just say so

How about setting it on Caprica from the point of the escaping the bombings to getting rescued and going back to Galactica? That'd be a bit of crack.

Then ofcourse there's the whole reistance and occupation of new caprica.

It was great!
    ye thats a good sugggestion actually it would include allot of ground combat

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

It was okay...
    User45701 wrote:

Haven't you heard of this BSG mod for Homeworld2? Still under development and requires the original Homeworld2 game to run.

It was great!
    i havent heard of it i know its a horrible thing to say but i dont like the homeworld 2 interface. sorry i know what a good game it is but i dont like the interface at all, Haegominia now that was a good 3d space combat game with amazing effects on ship explosions and a good interface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

It was okay...
    great episode.
    Can someone remind me who\what the leobans are? are they one of the human cylon models?

I think that beckon may have been left to give a virus to any AI or networked ship trying to follow the 13th colony, not just the cylons.

Good old Baltar killing a 6 to save his skin, thought that was an interesting development.

Loved the hybrid's controlling the basestars, kinda reminded me of the psychics in Minority Report

Did anyone else pick up on one of the pilots in the crew mess saying how there were too many pilots and not enough ships and then you have Baltar saying to the cylons that surely they have spoils of war and hey-presto he flys off in a raptor???? Here is what i think is going to happen in reference to that in the next episode.
    A landing party goes to investigate the base star, finds loads of pillaged colonial ships and supplies and they take them back to BSG to resupply the ship. That sorts out having enough ships to continue fighting cylons for the next series :D and when they're finished, taking the beckon as a potential weapon as well, they'll blow up the basestar.
    just my thoughts, guess they'll be answered tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It was crap!
    Haruspex wrote:
    Haven't you heard of this BSG mod for Homeworld2? Still under development and requires the original Homeworld2 game to run.

There's one for Battlefield 2 as well, get to fly Raiders and Vipers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

It was okay...
    HavoK wrote:
    There's one for Battlefield 2 as well, get to fly Raiders and Vipers :)

Not anymore! they've moved it to the bf2142 engine. bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

It was great!
    There is also the "Beyond the red line" TC using the freespace 2 Open engine.

YouTube links to shiney vids

the site

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

User45701 wrote:
    Not too sure - it was definatly in season 2 episode when Cara returned to her old appartment and it was also in the episode Skar so one wuld assume that it is on the ST

As someone else brought up, the apartment music was from Solo Piano by Philip Glass, which is excellent stuff, well worth picking up a copy of.
    The new music is very much along the same lines, but that's hardly surprising, considering the heavy minimalist influences seen in much of the BSG music.
    One of the reasons I love the music so much. Very evocative of Reich and Glass.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

While where on the music topic, thought some of you might like this.

As I said, I love minimalism, and the concepts used in minimalist composition.
    With the aim of trying my hand, I started work on a bit of a project a while ago (which I really must finish) to see what I could compose within enforced constraints.
    I decided on a numeric constraint, namely the number 7.
    Plan was to compose 7 pieces, titled 1 to 7, each with some musical representation of the number 7, and their title number.

This is One.
    It's a seven step progression, with the one step in seven (the first) being a piano chord, the remaining 6 being single notes.
    The single notes remain static, while the chord changes 7 times in each iteration of the progression.

See what you guys think:

http://www.tonyfitz.com/one.mp3

Now, back on topic, does anyone else think the projection thing might be a bit of a red herring considering Caprica 6's head Baltar? Why would she be confused by him appearing if projection is part of her conciousness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 schwaaaaa

I LIVE FOR BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Advertisement