Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you become a Vampire?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hell yes...be immortal and get all the superpowers!! sweet..as for killing people..I'm sure I'd get used to it..
    Besides there a few girls at work here I wouldn't mind sinking my teeth into or another anatomy part :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

I've thought about it and the answer is yes, so long as there is no immortality and yet I get to live whatever years I have at the same age.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What was that comment about the sort of person who wants immortality but would be bored on a wet sunday afternoon.

First take out some life assurance/pension.

Vampisol FTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

poll is closed now, but I think it'd be great to be a vamp depending on which school of rules of course. As far as I remember from the book, Dracula could go outside during the day, he just had to avoid direct light (a cloudy day was fine for him), he also had some complecated shape-shifting powers (he could only change shape between certain times).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Unlike the Anne Rice vampires, I'd still want to get it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Ooh! Just think of it! Bite Bill Gates but don't turn him total vampite.
    Tease him and make him sign over all his money to you, and then you vanish and just let him live!

And if one could stomach biting Donald Trump, same scenario!
    That would get a Vampire through two or three lifetimes with ready cash!

And then theres those Olson Twins....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'll take a helping of Alucard with a side order of Vladimir Dragul, please. And perhaps a touch of Kaine*.

You kids that think immortality would be boring aren't thinking properly. Steering the course of nations, playing God with the bloodlines of whole families, using peoples' fears, doubts, desires, and prejudices like currency, standing outside of God's alleged Plan and seeing its flaws for the sake of it. That's what I'm talkin' about. The rest of you lack ambition and would be rubbish lords of the night.

*But not the guy from Soul Reaver. Whiney little punk-ass bitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Sarky wrote:
    I'll take a helping of Alucard with a side order of Vladimir Dragul, please. And perhaps a touch of Kaine*.

You kids that think immortality would be boring aren't thinking properly. Steering the course of nations, playing God with the bloodlines of whole families, using peoples' fears, doubts, desires, and prejudices like currency, standing outside of God's alleged Plan and seeing its flaws for the sake of it. That's what I'm talkin' about. The rest of you lack ambition and would be rubbish lords of the night.

You sound like a fabulous (gay)lord of the night Sarky. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

I wouldn't want to harm humans. So if I could be a vampire who only drank animal's blood (you know, cows, goats, sheep etc.) and was capable of being eternally youthful, sure, I would be a vampire any day. In fact, I would be a vampire hero and fight against evil humans and rid the world of their menace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You would never be able to fall in love with anyone as you will have to watch them grow old and die.
    Doesn't that happen anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, so which clan will I be this time. I think I make a natural Malkavian...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I might become a politician... next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

The thought of immortality is one that scares me incredibly.

You would never be able to fall in love with anyone as you will have to watch them grow old and die. Every single time. You watch them get worse over the years while your face never changes.

you could just make them a vampire too! Id love it dont fancy getting old ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

you could just make them a vampire too! Id love it dont fancy getting old ...

surely u could make ur loved one a vamp as well ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i'm seein who wins in that underworld documentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hmm, so which clan will I be this time. I think I make a natural Malkavian...

Well, you are ugly as sin...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sin is appealing. >_>
    Are you asking me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Another consideration is Vampirism would require a lot of you to leave Dublin. A diet of scanger blood would lead to the extinction of your species within three months.

ps Count Duckula Ftw!!

Ah, great cartoon, thanks for the memory.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

DaBreno wrote:
    Another consideration is Vampirism would require a lot of you to leave Dublin. A diet of scanger blood would lead to the extinction of your species within three months.

Thank God for the rest of us who don't live in Dublin then, eh?

Seriously, I think if you were a vampire, you wouldn't be feeling too attached to any one place, and you probably wouldn't mind moving around. Helps stop people noticing the pile of corpses building up outside your door, too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Do we get Renfields? Or whatever that chap was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

wasn't Dracula Irish?

/pedant. well actually it was based on vlad the impaler and so on and so forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

julep wrote:
    wasn't Dracula Irish?

/pedant. well actually it was based on vlad the impaler and so on and so forth.
    Bram Stoker was born in Dublin, if thats what you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

that is indeed the reference i was making.

Advertisement