Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to arrange a wedding in less than a month - help needed please.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

We managed to get Shane's uncle to do that, and we did get offers from the photography forum - I meant to thank those who had offered, we really appreciated it. Sorry, I forgot to say. We should have a great day and I am looking forward to the mini-trip in January which will not be a honeymoon but will be much needed time away. Just to get the first two nights sorted. Thanks again to everyone for their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I was wondering if anyone had offered. I posted a message about you Cathy on the photography board.
    Glad to hear everything is coming together.

Yes, thanks, sorry that I did not say - suffering from "chemo brain" at the moment - I do appreciate all the help that has been offered. The big thing now that we have to do is find a romantic place to stay for our first night/2nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

dunno how pricey it is, but the osprey hotel in naas have suites with wicker swinging chairs, hot tubs on the balcony and a bathtub beside the bed.
    perfect honeymoon stuff! ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

In future please be sure to start a new thread in the forum instead of adding to someone elses.http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055024131

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Cathy, it sounds like your day will be quite special!

I threw my wedding together in just 6 weeks time and it was fine with me! Small, simple, low stress. Luckily I had sisters to offer to buy the food and cake as our wedding gift. Put together bouquets myself using silk flowers. And after a frustrating search, I sewed my own wedding dress for less than $30.

It doesn't have to be a Gala event to be wonderful. I think you'll do perfect the way you have set things up!

One thing I overlooked was a photographer. But I was lucky enough to have happened to invite a photographer as a guest who just sort of stepped in and did the job out of love! People are amazing if you just let them work their magic!

Congrats on your upcoming day!

Getting very emotional now coming up to the big day, I keep on worrying that I will not be able to stop crying for the whole ceremony, this year has been very tough for Shane and I and we are very greatful that I am still alive for this upcoming day, if I had left it much later to get seen I could have been dead, bit scary. Thanks to everyone for their support, less than 13 days now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilrayosunshine

Wow Cathy!
    I just wanted to say fair play to organising this wedding!!

Hope you are feeling well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Hope you're feeling well, the big day must be nearly here! Congratulations to you both!

It's probably too late to be making any suggestions, but Killashee House (outside Naas) is absolutely fabulous. No, I've no connections to the place apart from eating there a few times.

Best of luck on the day - Enjoy every moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I can't wait to check back in the new year and read your report on how things went!

Be sure to listen to your body and don't over-do it, Hon!
    Remember your body is trying to mend!

Hugs to you on your special day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Hope the wedding went well for you.

EDIT: Hadn't seen your other thread. Looks like all went well.

Congratulations, and best of luck for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

:D Cathy, can I send you my heartfelt best wishes to you and your 'Husband' as I presume he is now? I am a DJ from the UK and if I had seen your post earlier I would have jumped at the chance to offer you my services FREE. I see your sig includes a link for adoption. Well by a strange twist of fate I was adopted at the age of 6 weeks in the UK.

The adoption society has now disappeared, and I never traced my natural mother. I kept getting into it then wondered what if.....? I have now settled down here in Ireland and have decided to just believe she thinks of me every day and I do the same.

I hope you and Shane (is that right?) spend many happy times together and I am actually typing this with a tear in my eye, (HONESTLY!) as I know cancer is the blight of the human race and in this Country of faith I wonder what God is punishing us for by it.

Anyway I digress, if you would like a disco and or karaoke anytime, just pm me or email me at djspider@mysmart.ie anytime.

Happiness, wealth and prosperity

Paul
    AKA Spider X x X

Advertisement