Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk Boyfriend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wow, there was a lot of info there in your last post, which changed the whole picture entirely.

While it's hard to make judgements without knowing everyone's side, I do feel feel that you seem to have done the right thing. If you feel a weight off your shoulders, then you probably have. Good luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Good on you for taking this big step! As said above, please don't relent. He doesn't sound like he will ever change. Imagine what it would be like if you had married him.

There are lots of nice guys out there. I'm sure you will meet the right one in time. At least you are now wise enough to know what to look out for.

Best wishes.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for all the replies. I know I did the right thing, his family are trying to convince me that this is such a trivial little thing to break up a family over. Might be trivial to them but it's not how I'm use to been treated. He's gone for good, gave him a second chance and he didn't change and I'll never look back now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

what2do wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies. I know I did the right thing, his family are trying to convince me that this is such a trivial little thing to break up a family over..

Bollix to that!
    That wasn't a relationship you'd wish on anyone and certainly not one that you would have wished your daughter to grow up in. Absolutely, you did the right thing. You deserve a man who will love and respect you and not treat you like crap.
    Good luck in your new, happier life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

what2do wrote:
    this is such a trivial little thing to break up a family over

Thats such a pre-historic attitude. Bollocks like that belongs in the past along with 'Staying together for the Kids' and 'I fell into the Door'.

He needs to get his life together, and confront his alcohol problem. Unfortunately he's ignored the warnings from you and will have to go it alone. His fault really.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kokui

but beer is soooo tasty

so what if things get a little out of hand and you beat your wife and kids. Its not like you mean it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

kokui banned for unhelpful postings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

His family are wrong,
    It sounds like he has a bad drinking problem. The fact that he didn't stop is disrespectful. He could have stopped and didn't.
    Don't stop your daughter from seeng that side of her family, but there is no reason to live with him.

He preferred drink to you, so you chucked him, end of.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

what2do wrote:
    I've been with my boyf 3 years now, we're considering marriage. I had been over the moon about this, only over the last two months I've noticed a side to him which I really don't like. He has start name calling me and using foul language when he has had a few drinks, like calling me a "dope", or telling me to "get the **** away from him" infront of his friends. I don't let him away with this, every time I have warned him never to talk to me like that again cos I won't put up with it. It has happened on three occasions now. He has appologised the next morning, says he doesn't even remember saying it. He has even said he'll give up vodka cos it drives him mad. I'm really doubting our relationship, vodka couldn't be the sole cause of him acting like this could it? Could he be getting too comfortable with me, thinking he can treat me like this?
    Take my advise, run a mile! He's not into you that much or has an issue that I doubt is easy to solve like a mean streak. You should consider every minor detail of your relationship, evaluate it and if you think he's disrespecting you MOVE ON! Trust me he won't change and once your wed he'll get worse. He sounds to me like an ars*hole, but I don't know how youz both get on anyway so I can't judge from that to well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

upthere wrote:
    Take my advise, run a mile! He's not into you that much or has an issue that I doubt is easy to solve like a mean streak. You should consider every minor detail of your relationship, evaluate it and if you think he's disrespecting you MOVE ON! Trust me he won't change and once your wed he'll get worse. He sounds to me like an ars*hole, but I don't know how youz both get on anyway so I can't judge from that to well.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Indeed, talk to him about it ....

A man would stand by a woman if she was a totally neurotic nut case (which alot of women can be) .. i think she should at least try to help the person she loves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

craichoe wrote:
    i think she should at least try to help the person she loves.
    Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting. :rolleyes:
    what2do wrote:
    I think I really only got back with him to make it work for my daughters sake, but she is better off with just me.
    I guess the person she loves is her daughter, not the guy who has already had so many chances. Repeatedly being drunk and abusive after a court order. Oh I suppose I'll throw in a bit about leopards not changing their spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

craichoe wrote:
    Indeed, talk to him about it ....

A man would stand by a woman if she was a totally neurotic nut case (which alot of women can be) .. i think she should at least try to help the person she loves.

Nice generalisation there. Remind me to ignore your posts in future.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement