Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OJ Simpson 'admits' to murder in new book.

Options
  • 23-10-2006 5:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the most ridiculous stories I have heard in a while. Had a great chuckle at this one. :)
    Former sports star and actor O J SIMPSON will be paid around $3.5 million (£1.8 million) for 'admitting' to the killing of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman in a sensational new book.
    The star plans to publish his autobiography, reportedly under the working title IF I DID IT, in which he will describe how he would have killed his ex-wife and Goldman, in an allegedly fictional manner. Relatives of Brown and Goldman have criticised Simpson's 'hypothetical' description of the 1994 murders, and for making money from the crimes.

DENISE BROWN, Nicole's sister, says, "If this is true, that is blood money and it's evil and disgusting. "Any company that actually pays him for this is just as bad as he is." JONATHAN POLAK, a lawyer representing Goldman in an attempt to recover some of Simpson's earnings, says, "It's horribly frustrating and at the same time demoralising for Fred Goldman and his family, especially when they read about things like this."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Crazy stuff. Whatever next? Michael Jackson bringing out a book entitled If I DID THEM?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Crazy stuff. Whatever next? Michael Jackson bringing out a book entitled If I DID THEM?

Haha quality, wouldn't put it past him. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Money talks and OJ walks."*

*An old quote after the Simpson trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That is just sickening
    worst thing is you know it will be best seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

jaaaaaaassssssssssssssuuuuuuuuussssssssssss.
    i would admit to killing her as well for $3.5m...who wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

This is sick, and the ba$tard is going to make a mint off it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ugh. Boycotting whatever publishing company allows this FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Business is business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

cooker3 wrote:
    That is just sickening
    worst thing is you know it will be best seller.

Agrees. That really is ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Isn't there some knd of law in the UK that prevents this kind of thing? So more than likely this book will only get a US release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Collie D wrote:
    Isn't there some knd of law in the UK that prevents this kind of thing? So more than likely this book will only get a US release

The UK have banned works of "fiction"? Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Ruu wrote:
    This is one of the most ridiculous stories I have heard in a while.

Nope, don't believe it. Where was this quoted?

Since OJ lost the civil suit, all his future earnings (well the first $33m) have to be paid over to the Brown and Goldman family in damages.Tthen he can keep what's left.... :confused:

eth0_ wrote:

As far as I know there is some kinf of law that bans criminals from making money by selling their stories, no need to be sarcy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

eth0_ wrote:
    I think want collie is talking about is that in England somebody can not make a profit out of their crimes, so somebody can not be paid money to write a book about how the committed a crime. However as he wasn't convicted of the murder he wouldn't fall into this category anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

As far as I know there is some kinf of law that bans criminals from making money

OJ is not a criminal though !

scargill wrote:
    OJ is not a criminal though !

Only in the eyes of the twelve people on that jury :)

Thanks for clearing that up, jsb, put my thoughts into words

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

He doesn't really need ro write it from a "hypothetical" point of view. In the US you can't be charged with the same murder twice so he can literally dance on Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman's graves singing "I killed them" and nothing would happen, afaik anyway.

Collie D wrote:
    eth0_ wrote:
    Collie D wrote:
    As far as I know there is some kinf of law that bans criminals from making money by selling their stories, no need to be sarcy

his not being sarcy... OJ was never convicted of murder, therefore not a criminal, therefore if he does admit to murder it could be considered fiction.

but yes you are quite correct. but that is only the UK...
    sure look at yer man "chopper" one of australia's biggest selling authors

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

That's just WRONG!
    I can't believe publishing houses are still willing to work with him on something like this. They should just let the man fade into destitution.

And the really sad part is that people will buy the damn book!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Go OJ.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if someone wants to pay him millions for this then more power to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

He was found not guilt, but obviously that's too hard to fathom for some people. Here it is broken down for some. Not guilty is the opposite of guilty.

Binomate wrote:
    He was found not guilt, but obviously that's too hard to fathom for some people. Here it is broken down for some. Not guilty is the opposite of guilty.

incorrect, opposite of guilty is innocent
    opposite of not guilty is not innocent:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Well it's quite possible alot of shops won't carry it, so it could be a total flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Binomate wrote:
    That's right. Back to bed everybody, your government has figured out how it all transpired.. no need for independent thought here, everything is under control.

What time's Gladiators on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mec-a-nic wrote:
    Nope, don't believe it. Where was this quoted?

Since OJ lost the civil suit, all his future earnings (well the first $33m) have to be paid over to the Brown and Goldman family in damages.Tthen he can keep what's left.... :confused:

MSNBC for starters. Sure, he'll probably drop into Eason signing copies of the book then we can all have a look at him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

lol

fish-head wrote:
    Well it's quite possible alot of shops won't carry it, so it could be a total flop.

i doubt that... a book with that selling potential and shops wont carry it. no way the poor ould book shops are finding it hard enough to compete with the web besides introducing more web virgins to to delight of buying online.

and besides, why would any businessman not carry a huge seller and throw away big profit, and whats more we will buy it in our troves

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

He's got some balls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

He doesn't really need ro write it from a "hypothetical" point of view. In the US you can't be charged with the same murder twice so he can literally dance on Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman's graves singing "I killed them" and nothing would happen, afaik anyway.

That "afaik anyway" is the only reason he hasnt done that yet :D

Advertisement