Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Highs

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Hi, I'm new, I actually joined just so I could reply to all this. Some of you seem to have these little romantic notions of drugs, where it'll all be grand and nothing bad will ever happen. I spent several months in a psychiatric hospital last year and when I was there I saw how even the 'okay' drugs really f***ed people up. Have you heard of cannibis induced psychosis? The amount of people I saw whose lives were ruined, and who won't be ever able to get back to the way they were. You can all talk about the legalisation of drugs as a good thing, personally, I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but if you actually saw what happens to people and the state that they end up in, you'd never touch it again. And maybe you can say 'oh it'll never happen to me' but the people I saw were young, they were in their twenties and they're going to be completely f***ed up for the rest of their lives. So I don't really know what I'm getting at here, I just wish people could see the effects of what they were actually talking about before they started assuming that nothing bad will happen when they take drugs. I'm trying not to be preachy, I've done it myself, but never again.

So there's my opinion, probably doesn't matter but I just had to say that
    See you can't lump all drugs in one category with the word "drugs", and we're not disputing that drugs can fúck you up. There isn't much direct hard evidedence that suggests cannabis alone induces psychosis, indeed "psychosis" is a word many pseudo-experts use without really knowing what it is. In fact, "psychosis" isn't really a valid word for use in a serious argument IMO as it is so vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

What time does this place say open till tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement