Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Highs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

In reference to the heroin argument: First and foremost I wouldn't touch the stuff with a barge pole attached to a very long stick, but if Keith Richards has managed to survive this long it must be down to pure luck or the quality of the stuff you get.

As for the legal highs. Leave em legal, and meanwhile campaign away for teh legalisation of other stuff. As Bill Hick's said: "This is my body. What I choose to put in it is my business and as long as it doesn't affect anybody else" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gonementhol

Has anyone tried these legal E, are they any good?

The definitley do work, but it depends which ones you get. There are a lot of different brands and some don't do much at all so I can understand how some people think they're not up to much. There's two brands for example 'The Fast and the Furious' and 'XXX', from the same company, now these have the exact same ingredients in the exact same quantities but I found the former are useless and the later anything but. Apparently its the way the chemicals are blended that make the difference, I suppose like coffee, they're both BZP but are different blends and act different. Of the different ones I've tried 'XXX' are defiintley the best. You get them in packs of 3 and one would certainly do you, the only thing is the come up period is nearly 2 hours sometimes so I could see how some people would have a second thinking nothings happening and then end up staying up all night. One does the job, you just need to be patient, unless you are a well built/large person cos dosage is going to be proportional to body weight. But start with one and see how you go, they're slow burners.

As for calling them legal E i don't really know why they do. It isn't really anything much like it at all. Different chemical, with 'some' similar effects to MDMA they say, but not that much. It's a lot more like amphetamines really, basically loads of energy. Oh, and wou won't want to eat for ages either, proably a whole day. I can understand how they were originally thrown around as diet pills!!!

For a thread on legal highs there sure is a lot of talk about canabis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Salvia Divinorum should be illegal as it is more dangerous than Yayo or Glass.
    Salvia makes people go mad.

Have you any studies you can link to that back these statements up?
    If it is just your own opinion in what sense is it dangerous?

Many would see meth as dangerous to users and society due to its high addicitveness, and the physical damage it induces, either directly by contaminants or the users decline of personal upkeep, users may commit crimes to pay for the drug. On the other hand salvia is the most non-addictive recreational drug I have ever heard of, a user may harm themselves by doing something under the influence but most are too messed up to even move (for the 10-30seconds the real high lasts)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

jiflemon:
    I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make here. Do you think I'm appealing to science to know drugs are dangerous? Believe me, I know they are. The fact that people who know far more than you and I about brain can't even tell us why drugs can screw our minds up just makes it even more dangerous. I'm all for people making their own choices, and I fully support the legalisation of most drugs, but that doesn't mean brave souls have to go out and make what could be the stupidest decisions of their lives to prove a point. You want me to rephrase what you quoted from me? How about, nobody who can still talk about it knows just how bad and for how long these things can **** you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

7 pages of text. Can anyone quote me where I can buy them? I'm in Dublin County. Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

walk around temple bar and look for a stream of excited, scruffy people exiting the one shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

I find this recnt coverage of Legal Highs a bit of a diversion really.Some poor guy falls off a balcony (or Jumps)turns out he may have taken magic mushrooms & they may have been a factor in his death , so the sale of them is made illegal & suddenly it's a drug crisis.??
    Sounds like crap to me & meanwhile the streets of Dublin(& other cities probably) are crowded at all times by Heroin/methadone junkie zombies - & terminally fukked alcoholics who are a danger to themselves & the public & the poor kids that they quite often take around town with them.
    & whats being done about it????
    At the end of the day its a very small market for legal highs really i think its the least of peoples worries.
    It remains to be seen how many people die as a result of picking the wrong type of mushrooms & eating them in an attempt to get high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

7 pages of text. Can anyone quote me where I can buy them? I'm in Dublin County. Many thanks

theres a good few places in dublin, a quick google search should bring them up, the best of them, I've found is the one on Caple Street, I'm not going to post the name of the shop, I'm not sure why but for some reason I don't think it's a good idea, but it is fairly obvious which shop it is when you see the banner and name of the shop. Also there are about 50,000,000 internet sights worldwide that will post to Ireland relatively cheaply, some are better than others obviously, a little research will let you know which ones are trustworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Make Panadol illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

rubadub wrote:
    . On the other hand salvia is the most non-addictive recreational drug I have ever heard of, a user may harm themselves by doing something under the influence but most are too messed up to even move (for the 10-30seconds the real high lasts)

Sounds a bit shit to me, bit like tinners?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Try the 'Hemp Shop' at the bottom of Capel Street. The character who claims to own it is unsavoury but if you must seek these things out try him.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Do you think I'm appealing to science to know drugs are dangerous? Believe me, I know they are.
    Really? That's a grand statement considering people who know far more than you don't. Scientist do know quiet a bit about drugs and how they effect the brain, what exactly are you worried about?

It remains to be seen how many people die as a result of picking the wrong type of mushrooms & eating them in an attempt to get high.
    According to my research there isn't a lethal mushroom that looks like the liberty cap so the worst you can expect from eating the wrong mushroom is an upset stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

ScumLord wrote:

According to my research there isn't a lethal mushroom that looks like the liberty cap so the worst you can expect from eating the wrong mushroom is an upset stomach.

Yeah but not everybody does the research-youd be surprised how many people aren't really sure what they are looking for at all- I was just making a point that is safer to buy them legally than pick the completely wrong thing yet the law banning the sale of seems to have been passed based on one guy falling or jumping off a balcony.

A distant relative of mine died falling down the stairs after a few too many beers, I'm sure it happens all the time but i'd be stupid to introduce prohibition of alcohol based on this.

youd be surprised how many people aren't really sure what they are looking for at all- I was just making a point that is safer to buy them legally than pick the completely wrong thing
    I went out with a fella that was picking shrooms that looked nothing like liberty bells so I know exactly what your saying. It is safer to buy from a reputable source. At least they'll be cleaner than the ones that grow around ****e in the wild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Reading through this I get the feeling some of those who espouse cannabis as a 100% safe health risk free drug would be moanin if hash was the drug that fuelled this country since the dawn of time and alcohol was an illegal substance.

*post in an alternate world*

Hey guys, ya think they should legalise alcohol? Studies have shown that only a small percentage of alcohol users develop a problem with it. Whilst some people do become violent on it, many become very laid back, willing to strike up conversations with strangers on a variety of subjects. **** hash, my dad and both sets of grandparents have severe respiratory problems from it. Many people I know have met their wife/long term girlfriend when both of them were drunk.....

And so on. Hash and alcohol are neither 100% safe nor 100% dangerous and evil, so quit pretending hash is god and drink is the devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Nobody espoused cannabis as a 100% safe health risk free drug, dont be ridiculous. Theres no such thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

CiaranC wrote:
    Nobody espoused cannabis as a 100% safe health risk free drug, dont be ridiculous. Theres no such thing.

Although there is a few people here too blinkered to realise the effect illegal/legal drugs have on you physically and mentally if you misuse them!

Name me a drug and I will dig up a mountain of proof as to its negative effects on the body, phycologicaly and physically if used in excess!

What we should be asking ourselves here is

Can the majority of the population be trusted to take drugs like marajuana,e,cocaine,mushy's responsibly if they were made legal when we dont use our main Legal drug- Alcohol responsibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shane86 wrote:
    Reading through this I get the feeling some of those who espouse cannabis as a 100% safe health risk free drug would be moanin if hash was the drug that fuelled this country since the dawn of time and alcohol was an illegal substance.

*post in an alternate world*

Hey guys, ya think they should legalise alcohol? Studies have shown that only a small percentage of alcohol users develop a problem with it. Whilst some people do become violent on it, many become very laid back, willing to strike up conversations with strangers on a variety of subjects. **** hash, my dad and both sets of grandparents have severe respiratory problems from it. Many people I know have met their wife/long term girlfriend when both of them were drunk.....

And so on. Hash and alcohol are neither 100% safe nor 100% dangerous and evil, so quit pretending hash is god and drink is the devil.

In this alternate world alcohol would probably be portrayed as worse than heroin. The media and general scaremongers refuse to show any good sides to drugs such as the social aspects.
    Smoke heroin=mug grannies and overdose.
    Drink alcohol= beat the wife and destroy your brain, liver and overdose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I wonder are there any nightclubs considering selling these legal highs, could be a great publicity stunt considering the amount of attention some city centre shops that most people had never heard of have gotten.

I've never said Cannabis is 100% safe there's no such thing as 100% safe, breathing oxygen is what will eventually kill you.

Comparing Cannabis and alcohol isn't really fair ether. If you where walking down a dark street at night which would you rather see comming towards you, 3 drunks lads or 3 stonned lads?

Cannabis is not safe but it's just not so dangerous that it should be considered dangerous and for those who say smokings bad for you well, you can always eat cannabis. There is no good reason for it to be illegal.

I don't like to see it lumped in with the other drugs like pills and herion, it's not in the same league at all, it's not even used in the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Isn't there a shop in Temple Bar that sells all kinds of legal drugs?

What's it called?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i wish I knew the names of some cafe's or tobacconists in temple bar so I could give a smart answer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Spar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's it called?

There's a place on Grafton Street actually..

Boots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭JaysusMacfeck

I took some on Saturday.

Took the first at 11PM and then 3 and a half more over the space of 13 hours.

They're good but I didn't like the fact that my heart was still racing until 3AM on Monday. That's 26 hours. :-/ The really do keep you awake but I just didn't like the idea of my heart pumping heavily for so long. Not a nice feeling and I've never experienced that on other stuff.

Only take one if you don't have to sleep for another 6 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

ScumLord wrote:
    Do you consider Saliva dangerous just because it's an hallucinogen? I don't think that's a valid reason to make a drug illegal. It has to cause serious damage to the users health, I've takin shrooms (I'll be getting Salvia this weekend, never tried it but will now that it's going to be made illegal. I didn't realise that it was an hallucinogen)

since when is salvia being made illegal ?

tried it once and calling it an hallucinogen is putting it mildly, one drag of 10X and you are in another world, mind bending stuff, needs to be tried to be believed ! you don't get a high of it, it doesn't make you feel good, it's just a very very powerful hallucinogen, make sure you have someone with you if you try it just incase you do something silly.

and where can you buy these legal highs being talked about here, anyone ? my curiosity is up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

What's it called?

The Head Store in Temple bar.

Gave one a go on Sunday, they were called bolts, they were decent enough, gave a nice warm tingly feeling throughout, nothing too heavy. Didn't sleep too well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

Tried this stuff a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty bad.. Nothing off it at all. They'd be better off just legalizing cannabis tbh. Sure some day it will be! The Dutch have got it sorted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 metamorphosis_2006

Hi, I'm new, I actually joined just so I could reply to all this. Some of you seem to have these little romantic notions of drugs, where it'll all be grand and nothing bad will ever happen. I spent several months in a psychiatric hospital last year and when I was there I saw how even the 'okay' drugs really f***ed people up. Have you heard of cannibis induced psychosis? The amount of people I saw whose lives were ruined, and who won't be ever able to get back to the way they were. You can all talk about the legalisation of drugs as a good thing, personally, I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but if you actually saw what happens to people and the state that they end up in, you'd never touch it again. And maybe you can say 'oh it'll never happen to me' but the people I saw were young, they were in their twenties and they're going to be completely f***ed up for the rest of their lives. So I don't really know what I'm getting at here, I just wish people could see the effects of what they were actually talking about before they started assuming that nothing bad will happen when they take drugs. I'm trying not to be preachy, I've done it myself, but never again.

So there's my opinion, probably doesn't matter but I just had to say that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hi metamorphosis

Feel free to post links so people may educate themselves on the subject.

Nobody should be taking any substances without first understanding any risks involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement