Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a guitar...

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nope, no easy way. When I started playing, I found the stretch for a G to be hard. Now I can reach about 7 frets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so, this thread inspired me to go off and try and learn some chords and stuff.
    i really do now have much sympathy for brian adams during his summer of 69.
    my fingers now also bleed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

A les Paul Special will do that do you...
    Same effect on the ears...

Better than my first guitar though :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The first few chords in Stream Of Conciousness are nice for stretching the auld fingers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

3 frets?! Doesnt seem like a stretch unless you play it all on the one string hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Get yourself a middle of the road, e200-ish acoustic guitar, a strap, a few sets of spare strings (you'll probably break a few high e's when you first learn to tune your guitar... I must've gone through 6 of them in a week...) and then buy an Oasis or Green Day chord book.

DeafVision, an acoustic guitar would really suit you better to start off with. It's a little harsher on your fingers so helps you develop callouses on your finger-tips which'll make switching to an electric guitar with low-guage strings like strumming a stick of butter! It also helps you develop accuracy because you don't have tonnes of distortion to mask little mistakes and your general technique will have a good grounding.
    Yea I duno acoustic just seems very depressing to me.. and I like all punk/rock music...

An acoustic won't sound depressing if you're not playing depressing songs. Remember, "There is Nothing Left To Lost" by Foo Fighters was written all on an acoustic guitar!

Advertisement