Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Benefits of Belief?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You make so little sense its painful.

Perhaps theres some valuable ideas in your head...but they don't come outside very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭skeptic griggsy

:) I find life for me wonderful but see that for many it is hell. It is good for many of us to have life,but not for others ,which shows no god. There is so much evil to count against God:mad: but not against life itself. One cannot show a future state, so to declare it wonderful is simply wishful thinking! How can we ameliorate this life is the real question?[Please check out who are my buddies and if you do not want to be on the list,say so.]:cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I find life for me wonderful but see that for many it is hell.
    so far so good...
    It is good for many of us to have life,but not for others ,which shows no god. There is so much evil to count against God
    How is it bad to have life? Even if my life was bad I wouldn't want to be dead.
    Nor does this show that a God cannot exist, there could be a spiteful nasty god, like in the Old testament. If anything looking at the religious fevour of the poor the opposite is at least believed to be true.

...but not against life itself. One cannot show a future state, so to declare it wonderful is simply wishful thinking! How can we ameliorate this life is the real question?
    What are you trying to say? :confused:
    [Please check out who are my buddies and if you do not want to be on the list,say so.]:cool:
    Are you a spam bot by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

:) I find life for me wonderful but see that for many it is hell. It is good for many of us to have life,but not for others ,which shows no god. There is so much evil to count against God:mad: but not against life itself. One cannot show a future state, so to declare it wonderful is simply wishful thinking! How can we ameliorate this life is the real question?[Please check out who are my buddies and if you do not want to be on the list,say so.]:cool:

I find your posts very funny. It seems like you are in a terrible rush to get your thoughts out. I think I understand this one.
    As I understand it:
    Life for you is wonderful. For many other people it is hell. For some people because their lives are hell, without god, they may not feel any hope/goodness. There is a lot of evil done in god's name. There is no heaven, do to declare is wonderful is wishful thinking. How can we make those people whose lives are hell, feel better now/can we make their lives better - if their lives are better here, they may not need god to make them feel good now.

As I understand that is what is said.
    I would tell them that they will return to be part of the Universe, and some of that we still don't know about, so we still don't truely know about the future state, which may help. As for improving their present hell of a life - more money in their childhoods at least. My opinions.

Advertisement