Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehobbyasia closed????

Options
  • 04-10-2006 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

wtf? i just discovered this site, thought it was to become my holy grail of airsoft purchases, and now its showing up on ebay as

"Sorry, this store has been closed."

and the seller is now "not a registered user"

i am praying this is only a temp thing....

*update*
    just found a thread about this on airsoftireland's forums. i really should become a member

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

yea m8 i was worried to, but it appears to just be a temporary thing [im still waitin on e90 worth of stuff :confused: ]

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

the "no longer a registered user" thing is what freaked me out a bit. ah well, i've read countless excellent reviews about him. hopefully he's back up and running soon enough.
    another site thats been down ages is www.airsoft-innovations.com/. really annoying because im nearly out of gas and i want to order one of their propane adaptors. (the mac 11 really eats the stuff up. i'm going to have to keep it up for special occasions, no every day back garden plinking with that)

you have €90 worth of goodies coming? excellent. anything fancy?

nah nothing fancy at all *wants berettas and mac 11s for that kinda money:( *

its only a illuminated scope+ rings ,extra mag and speedloader and 2 different bags of BB's.
    o yes and delivery costs of course :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

i'd quite like some kind of beretta esque pistol. although im not too sure of gas powered stuff after i got mine. its fun and all, just a little too unreliable.

speaking of no good cheap guns, i was thinking about getting one of these for the craic.

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=123

theyre made by UHC and actually get some decent reviews. the spring works by cocking back the hammer, so its not too labouring to do after each shot.

not to mention the fact that revolvers just look bad ass ;)

lol :p id noticed those spring revolvers before they look realy nice for the price [theirs 1 or 2 metal ones around the same price which is kinda surprising.

Whats up with the ingram does it just jam alot?
    cos it looks like ill never be getting an AEG just me rifle,shoty and a gas mac and m9[metal of course];)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never got to buy from them!!!!!!1111oneoneoneeleveneleven

patience young one, theyl return ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

i hope so i really do!

Master of the Universe

why wouldnt you want to get an aeg? at ebayhobbyasia's prices theyre quite affordable.

the mac. hmm. the first time i tried it out was at night. i got three full mags worth and then the bolt started jamming foreward. you could cock it back but as soon as you shot it would just jam on foreward again. then i noticed a hiss coming from the mag. when it was jamming like this, all the gas was being released. i put it down to simply being too cold. disassembled it anyway and gave it a good clean out. the next day it was much warmer and working perfectly fine. the odd bb would jam. cocking it back would make the jammed one shoot out the ejection port,and it would work fine again.

basically, living in ireland, its cold. a lot. as im sure you know. i really dont think id want to experience that whole gun jam/gas leak while out in the middle of a skirmish.
    plus not to mention how fast is goes through a mag. seriously. its like 2 seconds of pure shooting extacy and then you're left there thinking. "****, now i have to reload again"

simply, its a fun gun, but now that ive had it for a bit, i dont really think its skirmishable. unless you have about three mags. and its a sunny day.in that case,people will fear you. a lot lol

Hmm alot 2 ponder about their 0isin. Well i intend 2 be a very heavily armed sniper/designated marksman [ i know most would say they shouldnt carry much other then a sidearm but well i dont care :p
    so that means me vsr10 as me primary, m3 shorty as me secondary/primary at fairly close range, and am pretty certain of geting a mac11 and a hfc/kjw beretta as me sidearms and lol guns :D .
    I have been thinking alot recently about this new m14 clone that is in the pipeline .If it can achieve good long range accuracy whilst being sub 1 joule then i might get that as a Marksmans gun and alternate between the 2 rifles.

Watever i get next will have 2 be the last gun i get 4 a long while methinks

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

ah yeah i remember now, scope,the one man army ;)
    the m14 looks great! big big heavy gun. the fact that its a full auto aeg confuses me though. it has a bolt action look about it.

:D

yea its an AEG all right [the only 1 ill ever consider getting aswell]
    Its got semi so id just lock it on that hopefully [thats easy 2 say now but the temptation 2 swith 2 fullauto will always be their]
    Looks the mutts nuts when its got a scope on it and OD green stock
    am seriosly considering it even though its not out yet :confused:

Master of the Universe

do you really think its going to be possible to be an effective marksman with a sub 1 joule bolt gun? i really wanted to chose this route myself, but i dunno. after what ive read on the subject, it seems to be pretty futile to try and snipe aeg loons when your gun has the same range as theirs. so that m14 is probabaly a good idea. thats why i was going to originally go for a g3sg1 myself

Yea thats y im leaning towords it. Im stubborn by nature and absolutely had 2 get a bolt action first, but with the 1 joule limit being a marksman instead of a sniper might be a better option. I cant tell if im happy enough with the range of my vsr yet as im still waitin for my BB's and scope.

Master of the Universe

lol the exact same thing happened to me. ive wanted a bolt action for years. didnt matter if it was practical or not.
    is your vsr stock? they shoot quite low unless theyre upgraded. so even if you're not happy with its range, you could always upgrade it to 1j. :D

actually, do you reckon the majority of people will be upgrading their aegs to 1j?or leaving them at stock?. if people arent arsed upgrading then maybe you would have a slight advange and actually be able to be a bolt sniper.

ya its got a better spring in it so its supposed 2 be in or around 320/325fps
    just speaking for the people i know id say no most would remain stock but then again they dont have guns yet :(
    Id expect a bit extra range alright what with the Tm hopup and what not but knowing me itl never be enough :o

Master of the Universe

those cheap gits still not buy anything yet? bah! i dont know why they're being so slow about it. i needed to get one the moment i heard about that new bill being passed.

Yea its just realy hard 2 convince em even 2 spent e100 on a chinease clone.
    at first they always seem to automatically think of those cheap springers and are eventually once i explain the vast difference its still kinda hard 2 convince em 2 buy when we've nowhere and very few people 2 skirmish with :(

Master of the Universe

damn cheap springers have a lot to be held accountable for!

ya its all most people have ever seen down my side of the country.So its what every1 seems to think of when they hear "airsoft" "bb gun" or "pelletgun"
    for that matter :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

argh, ehobby asia still not there. i hate that. i just wanna browse their stuff...

they'v reopened but dont seem to have alot of items yet [no guns :( ]
    their slowly getting more items back in ,its mainly just combat vests ,scopes and holsters and the like. Ive read that they have emailed people and apparantly will be up and running at full capacity soon [with luck ]

Master of the Universe

whenever i visit their site i still get "Sorry, this store has been closed."

well, i hope its up in time for christmas!

Yea its actually under a different account which they maintained from a year or 2 ago. If ya go 2 ebaystores and type in Ehobby you wil find it. It might be a temporary back up store i dont know ,but their getting more items added all the time so its growing again

Master of the Universe

found it.
    yay! cheers :)

Hope they start selling guns again soon ive got a hankering for a metal beretta :D

Master of the Universe

id quite like to buy a famas. and their price seems to be about €70+ cheaper then everywhere else. crazy stuff. and they sell famas mags for around €20. or was it cheaper? im not sure. well, anyway, the main thing here is how damn cheap it all is. and its all marui.

not to mention they also have ksc mac 11s for a lot cheaper. but id rather not think about that :mad:

not to mention they also have ksc mac 11s for a lot cheaper

Yea i think it was like $120 and the mags were real cheap.
    Think im going leave the mac11 for a while m8 im going get a hfc full metal beretta instead :D , i want both obviously but coudnt justifty having 4 guns before my first skirmish :rolleyes: .
    Hope they re-open fully asap :confused:

Master of the Universe

so, it turns out it was closed down for selling counterfeit multicam gear. hmmm. bad call on ehobby asia's part i suppose. then again, maybe shutting it down was a bit extreme. a nice threatening cease and desist letter would have been better...

i think getting the beretta instead of the mac 11 might be a wise choice for the moment. the mac 11 seems to be more of a collector piece/random fun/occasional skirmish for the craic type thing. the beretta would probabaly be a lot more reliable. plus not to mention cheaper mags.

then again. it does have its appeal.

you're crouched with your sniper rifle and some AEG guy spots you. he thinks he has this kill in the bag. before he knows it, your mac 11 is out, emptying 50 bbs into him in 3 seconds.

hmm. its your call! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Thats called overkill and wouldnt make you a popular chap. Plus the fact he could tell his mates where you are and they f**k you up with their couple of AEG's.

Advertisement