Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killers new album!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

Bones will more than likely be the next single - Tim Burton is making the video at the moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Cool, bones is really good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

Agreed Frankyboy, it was a bit questionable at first but a grower indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I think the title track is brilliant , also Read my mind and Bling , surely all future singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

I hate it.

I loved Hot Fuss
    I dont like anythign about the new album I might listen to it again in a few days but I am distraught the lost the 80s synth sound :p
    Imo that's what made Hot Fuss so good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Saw the bones video earlier on tv, looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

As a matter of interest, towards the end of When you were young, does *anybody* else get a vaguely Bruce Springsteen vibe off the song. I think it's the xylophone or something...:D

yeah they say in an interview that Bruce Springsteen was an influence:

**“Especially lyrically, everything is more nonfictional,” says Stoermer. “It’s from a real place.”

Part of that may be due to the influence of one of the great American lyricists, Bruce Springsteen. Flowers says much of his Springsteen knowledge was from his “Born in the U.S.A.” days — until he picked up some of the rock great’s earlier recordings and was blown away.

“It’s just a real pleasant surprise that I was going to fall in love with something,” Flowers says. “I’m 25 years old and I thought that was over. ... You kind of lose the innocence of someone showing you something special, something being god-like.”**

I think Sam's Town is feckin brilliant :) the first half i loved straight away and after a couple of listens of the second half it was just as amazing, i even like the bonus tracks. I think, like other people have said, its a grower and needs a few listens but all in all 10/10 from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bones Video - watch it before YouTube remove it.. gotten very strict on copyright infringement since Google took it over!

As a big Tim Burton fan.. it was all a bit disappointing. The skeleton thing was mighty tacky!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

bones is a very good song cant wait to see em live in feburary should be class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

after a few listens it is not half bad....but its still nowhere near the quality of their debut, same goes with the Damien Rice new album :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I think its a great album. Catchy ol stuff, what more can ya expect from them really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bladerunner*

A work of genius did't think they could better hot fuss but they managed it!

Sign of a good album is one that grows on ye me first listen i was't that impressed but been playing it constanly for the last 2 weeks and have to say classic!

Favourite song is reasons unknown everything about that song screams the killers.

Bring on the third album:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Loads of deadly songs, great album. good follow up from hot fuss. cant wait till Nov 30th

Advertisement