Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killers new album!

Options
  • 30-09-2006 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Just started to listen to it in the car on the way back from buying it. So far so good! Whats everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Iv listened to it 5 times already this weekend already and it just keeps getting getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's not bad.. really like 'Sam's Town' and 'Exitlude' - the rest still need to grow on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

I listened to half of it and stopped. Unless the second half of the album is fantastic the album is, in my opinion, rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

^^I think if you listen to the whole album your opinion will change, you can't say it's rubbish without listening to the whole thing.

And don't listen to it expecting it to be like the first album cause it's totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think its a pretty decent album after about 5 listens myself, i loved the single and really love "bling". Am thinking its the kind of album that get's better with every listen.

At times - i dont know if its just me - it sounds really like U2, even the vocals sound like bono, anyone else get that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

First time i listened to it i thought it was utter rubbish

but with a few more listens it has grown on me but the album as a whole is still nothing but average, a few decent potential singles (title track, For Reasons Unknown, Read My Mind) but the rest is either harmless background filler or plain pure shocking

I hate to compare album with album but, sure Sam's Town is a different album than Hot Fuss but it completely lacks the class and brilliance of Hot Fuss, gets no more than a disapointing 6/10 at best from me.

2006 certainly hasn't been a good year for 2nd album bands, Zutons, Razorlight and Kasabian to name a few....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's very 'meh'. As in nothing exciting. 'When You Were Young' is the best song, with 'Sam's Town' the only other of any significance. The bonus track is horrendous and obviously a desperate space filler. Not a fan of the exitlude either.

Lacks any of the power of the first album. No real singles as such that I can see to follow up the first one.

Saw them for the first time at 'that festival that cannot be mentioned' in 04 and loved every minute. The novelty has worn off though and I'm disappointed with this offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Absolutely brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

It's growing on me, slowly. It'd be hard for any band like The Killers to top the first three songs of Hot Fuss; Jenny was a friend of mine was the kind of album opening track that only comes along once in a while...

I think this one is a grower; it's certainly a lot more adventurous - the 80's synth rock power band schtick seems to be gone and it's a bit more 'grown up'.

As a matter of interest, towards the end of When you were young, does *anybody* else get a vaguely Bruce Springsteen vibe off the song. I think it's the xylophone or something...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

2006 certainly hasn't been a good year for 2nd album bands, Zutons, Razorlight(SNIP)

i stopped reading right there. The new razorlight album is brilliant, not one filler song on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Why is this in the Alternative/Indie forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

L5 wrote:
    i stopped reading right there. The new razorlight album is brilliant, not one filler song on it.
    Agreed.... except "Kirby's House"! A bit meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

carlowboy wrote:

because i didnt realise there was a Music Reviews forum until after i posted it. It's a new forum as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

2006 certainly hasn't been a good year for 2nd album bands, Zutons, Razorlight and Kasabian to name a few....

You need to get the new Futureheads album so. There's nothing wrong with the new Kasabian album either, apart from the fact it's not as good as they said it would be.

Killers album is quite meh. Some very cheesy chord progressions and synth sounds in there. This shouldn't be in the indie/alternative forum. It's a pop album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There is no pop forum :(

Think of the satisfaction I could have: "Moving to pop. Mwahahahaha!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I just don't understand the hype of this band, I think they're absolutely dire. Their boring, repetitive songs give me a headache which doesn't help when it's blared on the radio every 10 minutes. The lead singer has possibly the most annoying voice in music and arrogance to rival that lad from Razorlight. Just what the hell do these guys bring to the table apart from songs that people have heard on the radio 2000 times already so it must be good.

This doesn't belong in the alt/indie forum at all.. It's like... the opposite..

As a matter of interest, towards the end of When you were young, does *anybody* else get a vaguely Bruce Springsteen vibe off the song. I think it's the xylophone or something...:D

They announced that that was what they were going for afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Kold wrote:
    I just don't understand the hype of this band, I think they're absolutely dire. Their boring, repetitive songs give me a headache which doesn't help when it's blared on the radio every 10 minutes. The lead singer has possibly the most annoying voice in music and arrogance to rival that lad from Razorlight. Just what the hell do these guys bring to the table apart from songs that people have heard on the radio 2000 times already so it must be good.

This doesn't belong in the alt/indie forum at all.. It's like... the opposite..
    Well they bring brilliant songs to the table , so what if its on the radio a lot , doesnt make them automatically bad , i would call them an indie band with great pop sensibilities which is a good thing in my book
    By the way -Sams Town , Bling , Read My Mind are classics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Its so so imo.Have to listen to it a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

The xylophone at the end of the song is very similar to the xylophone at the breakdown in "Born to Run" :d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

gustavo wrote:
    The xylophone at the end of the song is very similar to the xylophone at the breakdown in "Born to Run" :d
    i thought it was at the end of Thunder Road...but yeah - you read me mind...something of a 1975 vintage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I like it a lot though the production is a bit gack, IMO. Good band, the new songs sound so much heavier live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 e.doobie

carlowboy wrote:

good question..

the killers, alternative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Move It Then!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭punky

Just downloaded it. Have to say I like it. I like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

I like 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 14. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

I hated their first album,but this is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I think most of the album is pretty good, and When You Were Young, is so fantastic, it makes the whole album great.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'The River Is Wild' has really really grown on me. Keeping with the theme of the song, I think it just really flows well.

• Advertisement

River Is Wild is such a good song, must be the next single. When You Were Young is fy favourite song at the mo, the whole album is really catchy.

Advertisement