Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'PIMP MY SHOW' thread (got a show/station to promote? let us know!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Show: The Wall of Sound
    Format: General youth oriented magazine/entertainment show.
    Radio station: Dundalk FM 100
    Frequency: 100.0FM
    Coverage Area: Dundalk town and local area (within 5 mile radius of Oriel Park, Dundalk)
    'Webcast': click here
    Broadcast time: Friday nights, 7 to 10pm (Irish Time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Name:Chillwithcian
    Gerne:Alternitave/Contemparary, chat, bio, news
    Frequency: 93.9 FM (Dublin)
    Webcast: Coming soon
    Broadcast: 6.29-7.03 Fridays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Norfork Nights

Hey guys,

RETRO DANCE LIVE HAVE JUST LAUNCHED THEIR ONLINE VERSION OF A STATION THAT TESTED ON FM FOR A WHILE

THE MUSIC POLICY IS ALL RETRO

CHECK IT OUT!

http://www.retrodancelive.tk

Sorry for the SCREAMING IM JUST EXCITED!!!:)
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Humpty Doo

Choice FM’s War of the Worlds

Dublin, Ireland

This Sunday, October 22nd at 11pm on Choice FM, Chris Young introduces Orson Welles’ original radio adaptation of ‘The War of the Worlds’. The Halloween broadcast caused mass panic across North America. But why did listeners truly believe that aliens had invaded?

Chris Young examines the lead-up to the infamous broadcast and analyses the incredible reaction of Welles’ 6 million listeners that fateful night, October 30th, 1938. The programme includes an interview between Orson Welles and War of the Worlds’ author, H.G. Wells not heard on Irish radio before.

Presenter Chris Young said, "Radio is often described as 'Theatre of the Mind'. The War of the Worlds broadcast, fictional as it was, it was the first major event that demonstrated the power of radio to entertain and inform. Despite the fact that the programme was part of a weekly series of radio plays, thousands of listeners fled their homes in hysteria while police departments were flooded with phone calls from terrified residents believing that inter-plantatery war had broken out. We'll look at the program itself, the reaction to it from listeners and look at the reasons why a dramatisation had the power to instill fear in so many listeners", he said.

Choice FM broadcast to Dublin on 92.1 FM and 1278 AM, Cork on 106.7 FM, Galway on 104.9 FM and Limerick on 99.9 FM every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The station, operating under a temporary broadcasting licence from the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, is expected to apply for a full-time licence during 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Show: Crashed
    Format: student entertainment show.
    Radio station: BelfieldFM
    Frequency: 101.3FM
    Coverage Area: UCD to city center and dundrum
    'Webcast': Podcasts / Listen Live Online Globally
    Broadcast time: every second week 3pm - 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Proud Mary 1980

Hey there,

I present a disability radio show on Cork's 97.4 fm you can also tune in via www.ucc.ie/ccr or get in touch via thisability@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 djciano

dream radio is now on www.dreamradio.ie for all your danceing tunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

KIOSK, Phantom 105.2's Arts & Culture show is making a call for you our listeners to short list your top three albums of 2006. The short list and must have album's of 2006 will be announced on the KIOSK on the 23rd of December and we want to hear from you!

KIOSK is presented by Nadine O'Regan and takes to the airwaves every Saturday morning on Phantom 105.2 between 11.00 to mid-day!

Please e-mail your top three albums of 2006 to kiosk@phantom.ie

New Ryhyme and Reson show and chillwithcian/rhyme and reson text number:

Rhyme and reson presented by Helen Dwyer interviewing local poets, writers and artists. The alternitave arts show on DSFM 93.9FM, every friday at 7.03-7.32. Email your comments to rhymeandreson@hotmail.com or text line (Joint with the chillwithcian show) on 0870634906.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Free Gaff @ Digital Hub FM

Free Gaff is a new show on the local radio station Digital Hub FM. Run by 4 teenagers, its has live guests in the studio each week and talk about really anything and everything.

The show is on from 5pm till 6pm on a Friday evening. If you are in the Dublin 8 area you can tune into 94.3 FM or you can listen live from anywhere on http://www.digitalhubfm.com/

To find out more about the lads and the show go to http://FreeGaff.bebo.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 will kinsella

Hey there

gonna be kicking off the show this week with the first draft of a track im workin on at the mo. Also gonna be playin a few Tribal bits and pieces for a change.

show is on Tuesdays @ midnight and Friday nights @ 3 on 106.4 FM (GMT) Raidio na Life and www.rnl106.com. The style generally goes between minimal Techno and House

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Web address for my show has changed. It's now at http://wallofsound.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Bard, the 'Audio Archive' only offers two things, neither of which is the promised comedy. Any chance you could throw up a bit of the comedy there? Ireland needs good comedy. Desperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 okeydoke1

Okey Doke Football podcast...

released every Friday morning

check out http://okeydokefootball.blogspot.com to listen

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aaro26

Name: dublin city anna livia 103.2 fm with Marian College
    Gerne: alot of music, reviews, news and interviews
    Frequency: 103.2fm not sure about the range though
    Broadcast: tuesdays 1:30 - 2:00

The Ennis Twins (Matthew and Owen) are the hosts
    Ethan Higgins is on interviews
    Ross Carr and Aaron Dempsey is on reviews
    Sean Williams is on News
    Owen Ennis is on sport
    Joe Mcdonagh and Gary Mcloughlin are The DJ's
    check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Show: Irish Beats
    Presenter: Rob O'Connor
    Format: Show focusing on domestic music scene. A mix of interviews, news and oh yeah - music!
    Radio station: Beat 102-103
    Coverage Area: South East of Ireland - Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford. However, it does go up as far as Naas and into Co. Limerick, Cork and South Galway.
    Web: www.beat102103.com
    Broadcast time: Saturdays and Sundays. 6-8pm.

I've been putting the playlists up in the Music/Music forum. I think they belong there rather than in Radio as it's mainly for bands to see if they're being played.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

http://www.westlimerick102.ie

Listen Live to

West Limerick 102 is Limerick's newest licenced Radio station covering the western half of Limerick County. We have signed a 5 year broadcasting licence and have been transmitting since Sunday May 15th, 2005.

We are one of the largest community radio services in Ireland with state of the art broadcasting studios in Newcastle West, Abbeyfeale and Rathkeale. Our aim is to entertain, inform, and celebrate the vibrant community of West Limerick. We broadcast from 7AM to 1AM daily.

Tune in to my show for
    Mid-week
    Mayhem
    Madness
    Massive
    Music two other
    Muppets and
    Me
    on wednsdays 3.30 to 5pm,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Show: The Buzz
    Radio station: Digital Hub FM
    Frequency: 94.3FM
    Coverage Area: Dublin 8, 12 and surrounding areas.
    Broadcast time: 3-4pm
    Starts: Friday, 15th February

Available to listen on-line from the 15th February on http://www.digitalhubfm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

Show: Spin Alt
    Radio Station: Spin South West
    Frequency: 102-103FM
    Coverage: Limerick, Clare, North Tipperary, Kerry, South West Laois and online at www.spinsouthwest.com
    Time: Every Sunday morning from 9:45 to 11:45
    Format: This show is as Gaeilge and plays the best in signed and unsigned Irish alternative/indie/rock groups and singers etc etc!!

We also have sessions from time to time, so feel free to get in touch or pop in with the old acoustic guitars. Please send in any demos as well to:

Barry Creed
    Spin Alt
    SPIN South West
    2nd floor
    Landmark Building
    Raheen,
    Limerick
    tel: 061 218800

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Damien Sreenan

Show: The Night Train with Damien Sreenan
    Format: Playing best of House/Trance.(not your usual stuff)
    Radio station: Vibe FM
    Frequency: 101.5 (changing soon)
    Coverage Area: Cork City
    'Website': http://www.bebo.com/thenitetrain
    Broadcast time: Mondays and Fridays 10pm-12pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭the hero game

hey,
    new weekly show starting tonight at 10pm on www.powerfm.org
    "trailways" - eclectic alternative music
    music tonight from lambchop, cocorosie, the album leaf and loads more..
    hope some of you can check it out..
    thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RADIODUDE

i was driving home from work 2 weeks ago and i was searchin threw the stations and as im sure you all know there is not much on during 3 o'clock but i got to a station i didn know with three teenagers speakin(2 guys,1girl)they where having great craic and i found myself laughing with them it really was great radio i listened the next week and it was even better so i think everyone should give it a listen i don't think you will be disapointed the station is called digital hub fm and the show is called the buzz on from 3pm til 4pm u can also listen online on www.digitalhubfm.com

thanks for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RADIODUDE wrote: »
    i was driving home from work 2 weeks ago and i was searchin threw the stations and as im sure you all know there is not much on during 3 o'clock but i got to a station i didn know with three teenagers speakin(2 guys,1girl)they where having great craic and i found myself laughing with them it really was great radio i listened the next week and it was even better so i think everyone should give it a listen i don't think you will be disapointed the station is called digital hub fm and the show is called the buzz on from 3pm til 4pm u can also listen online on www.digitalhubfm.com

thanks for reading

You are allowed to promote your show in this thread by the way... you don't have to do it in a strange round-a-bout way.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

sporting podcast. All of us new to this stuff. Hope to get better as we go. Currently working on an intro and episode 3

http://squareball.podshowcreator.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dibs76

Show: The Lowdown
    Presented by: Carol & Damien
    Format: Music/Entertainment Review & Gig Guide
    When: Tuesdays @ 10-11pm.
    Radio station: Phoenix FM
    Frequency: 92.5FM
    Coverage Area: Dublin 15 (Blanchardstown and beyond!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Right so... The New show on the radio... "The Buzz" on "94.3 Digital Hub Fm" at 3:00pm presented by Steve Fagan and Karl Seale with Assistance from Emma Carroll. These Guys will make you laugh and when i say laugh, I mean Laugh your ass off. They do comedy sketches, play good music, and make fun of the other shows on the station Particularly "What's the Story" (8:00 - 10:00pm). 'Tis good crack and I Strongly recomend you listen to this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭da wiseguy

www.powerfm.org

my own show is house, breaks and a sprinkling of electro, loads of cd competitions and will be getting back into interviews, phoners and the like. plus a liberal dollop of inane wafflings in between tracks! it'll be back on from next friday, every friday from 7pm-9pm.

any of the shows on the station are class, bodytonic, delicious radio with mike black, audio sunshine with king tee....it's all good ;)

the site will be finally getting a visual revamp in the coming months, servers just got upgraded so it's a big shining return to ireland's premier internet radio station! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Show: live Music with Pat and Greg
    Presented by: Pat and Greg
    Format: Trad
    When: Tuesdays 9pm
    Radio station: liveIreland.com
    Coverage Area: World

liveIreland now recruiting DJs (Dublin Area)

This week is recruitment week to the largest Irish Internet station in the world (arbitron top 100). If your interested in DJing on liveIreland (Dublin Area) we’d love to hear from you. An interest in Trad music would be an advantage. Drop us a line here: http://www.liveireland.com/contact.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Strictly Retro on Midlands 103 presented by Seanie Morris. Broadcasting all over the Irish Midlands on 103.5FM, or around the world online via www.midlands103.com
    Mondays to Wednesday, from 10pm till Midnight.
    Core of the show is 80's music with some 70's and 90's thrown in. Every one of them a musical memory, and a great hit in its own regard.

Features include:

One Hit Wonder: Correctly name the song the lyrics have been taken from and you're in the draw to win some books.
    Five Freaky Facts: Enlightening the masses with 5 facts on a particular topic every night.
    Retro Movies Quiz: Guess the movie correctly from the audio clip and you're in the draw for some CD's and/or DVD's.
    Cruise to Snooze: Getting you in the mood for sleep for the last 2 or 3 tracks of the night.

Listeners get to have their favourite song played by request as well i.e. the show is not playlisted in advance.

www.bebo.com/strictlyretro

Advertisement