Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'PIMP MY SHOW' thread (got a show/station to promote? let us know!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Don't forget to join Sean Brophy on Sunday Breakfast on Sunday 3rd.August 2008 when,musically,we will visit as many European countries as possible in the two hour slot (8.00 to 10.00AM)

I will also review Sunday papers to hand and look at a few bizarre press stories of recent vintage.

www.dublincityfm.ie for live streaming or on FM at 103.2 Dublin City FM

Regards

Sean Brophy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Shouldn't this be here (and nowhere else) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Merged and personal contact info removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭God Of Radio

Hi, my name's Kramer.

I'm in the U.S. and am a professional talk show host. I've been in radio for a long time.

I do an online radio show and my website is partly for people who do online radio shows.

I wanted to know if YOU do a show and where I could listen to you!

Let's trade URLs.

I do my show on www.blogtalkradio.com

^^^^^NOT MY SITE!

Lemme know. I am also looking for a good show to feature in the coming week.

THANKS!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Moved to the "Pimp my Show" thread. You will also find other people's shows here.

• Advertisement

Sweet. I didn't see this thread.

My show is at www.blogtalkradio.com/the-kramer-show

THANKS A MILLION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TCGRadio

hello

me and some friends have just opened an online radio station called tcgradio

you can find it at http://tcgradio.net

come check it out and let us know what you think...we are currently looking for dj's who want to do it, for a bit of fun you know..

anyway its got potential so please check it out, thanks!

I hope IE will allow me to put this here.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Kramer-Show/2008/08/22/Sex-Drugs-and-Rock-Radio

I have been in MAJOR MARKET radio in the US for over 18 years. In the past over a year, I've been unemployed. Soon I am writing an article for a major US radio magazine covering my highs and lows during my career. I have gone from knowing and partying with Pantera, Marilyn Manson and others to being unable to afford rent or health insurance. It has been a whirl wind.

I do an online radio show, and before I write my article, I am going to expose everything about my past career LIVE. I will tell all and everything. I wanted to invite you to listen to it. THERE ARE NO ADS AND I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING!!

I just wanted to share all of this with anyone who may be curious or interested.

I thank you and love this forum!

The URL of the streaming show which is at 1pm cst in the U.S. is:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/The-Kramer-Show/2008/08/22/Sex-Drugs-and-Rock-Radio

You rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Put this in the "Pimp my show" thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054991943

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shortymac

Hi Folks,

A new voice on the boards and a new voice on local radio. You can catch me on air on Saturday evenings. Details below

Program Name :- New Voices
    Station :- Shannonside/Northern Sound
    Frequencies :- 96.3/94.8/104.1
    Music :- Middle the road/Easy Listening
    Time :- 5.15pm - 7pm

I am also doing some swing work for the radio station, covering holidays etc. Been new to the airwaves I am obvioulsy trying to raise my profile and of course gain plenty of experience, so why not tune in every Saturday to Shannonside/Northern Sound for a new voice.icon6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Destiny Talk Radio Network www.dtrn.co.uk
    It's a sci-fi and anime/ manga themed station with interviews from conventions and discussions with people in the know.
    I'm not really involved but I help out Stuart Claw who runs it at the occassional event and have got to meet lots of my heroes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nineties Ninja

The 90s Network is a radio station licensed by the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI) and it launches this weekend.

Its a temporary radio station, meaning it can broadcast legally to our franchise area for up to 30 days in a 12 month period. It'll be broadcasting to Dublin City and County for 30 days, each weekend from the 4th October, 2008 to 11th January, 2009 ( over 15 weekends)

It'll focus solely on the music and news of the 1990s. As our tag line says "A decade in rewind".

Frequency details in the next few days.

Mod edit: Moved to the "Pimp my Show" thread. /tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Goodluck,I will tune in and give it a go.

I have never heard of a temporary radio station,whats that all about..?are you guys looking to go full time..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Dub13 wrote: »
    Goodluck,I will tune in and give it a go.

I have never heard of a temporary radio station,whats that all about..?are you guys looking to go full time..?

There have been various temporary licences on the go since 2003. They are voluntarily run stations with sponsorships - kind of like pirates except thery are licenced by the B.C.I. They tend to be for 30-day periods. Most have been Dublin-based or easily picked up within Dublin.

Hot Country is currently operating with one for the north-east area. This is its fourth (or is it fifth?) since 2003 - originally called Irish Music Radio. Fully-licenced Phantom FM started life as a pirate, but between October 2003 and the summer of 2004 had two temporary licence runs.

As well as The 90s Network next weekend, 949 The Rock commences its second run this Friday on 94.9 FM.

Anyway, The 90s Network, like all previous temporary-licenced stations, should be good training ground for deejays and others who want to build up their radio experience. In some cases, people came back to radio who had left it for a while.

Back on topic: best of luck to all concerned next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i am starting my own show on UCC campus radio... Start next wednesday from 9 to 11am. 98.3, i think... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 leeholman

hi,

RT-Transmissions is now available to download from :

Link : www.xfmdublin.com

Starting this week Oct 8th listeners to Spin Southwest can also hear the show bi-weekly as part of Dan Sykes "Component" show which airs fridays.

Tracklisting :
    1. B12 - More Than One - (B12 Records)
    2. Santiago Salazar/Silent Servant - Santuario - (Historia y Violencia)
    3. San Soda - Got Me Jumpin’ in My Car - (We Play House)
    4. Elliot Dodge - Lapdancer - (Unreleased)
    5. Speedy J Red Shift - Electric Deluxe -Digital (Electric Delux) Vinyl (Plus-
    6. Sam Ball - Atlas - Smith and Selway Remix - (Saved records)
    7. Chris Fortier - Believe - Someone Else’s Beats Mix - (EQ Grey)
    8. Dee green - Silly Brain - (Prosthetic Pressings)
    9. Darren Nye - Floatation - (Unreleased)

Next Transmission : Oct 22nd

www.rt-transmissions.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Pianist2891

OFFBEAT www.karishmeh.com

PODCASTS: http://www.offbeatradio.libsyn.com/

MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/karishmehfelfeli

LIVE: THURSDAYS @ 2, 103.2 Dublin City FM

join karishmeh every thursday@2 on OFFBEAT, dublin's brand new radio music program that features an eclectic mix of classical, contemporary, electroactoustic and more.

offbeat diary

Got a gig coming up?
    Want to promote your own music?
    Find out about upcoming Concerts, Workshops, Examinations, Presentations and more.Have your say, find out what’s going on, and let us know what you’re up to.
    EMAIL offbeat@dublincityfm.ie

Jazzorama now transmits Saturdays from 5 to 6.00pm GMT and can be heard online at www.dublincityfm.ie or at 103.2 FM in the Dublin area.

Jazzorama takes a 360 degree look at the exciting world of jazz with artist as diverse as John Coltrane and Trihornophone.

All jazz styles come in for scrutiny with a whiff of soul,gospel and blues added for good musical measure.

Weekly jazz gig guide included so that the local scene can be supported and you can have a chance to experience jazz at its best i.e. live

Feel free to email:jazzorama@dublincityfm.ie and please visit www.dublincityfm.ie to view play lists via FORUM - DUBLIN CITY MUSIC - JAZZORAMA

Sean Brophy
    Jazzorama
    Dublin City FM
    Unit 6 Docklands Innovation Park
    128 East Wall Road
    Dublin 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

not really pimping my show because i don't do it anymore, but i might return to it next year, if they'll have me back.

i'm looking for somebody, his name is David and he use to be on TallaghtFM when i was there. we did the show together a few times, but i don't know if he is still envolved with it anymore or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

Hi everyone

Discover new sounds from all kinds of new music. Ranging from house, ambient, soul, rock, hip-hop, electronic and just about everything else. 40 minute mixes.

Go to SecretSounds.

Episodes:

1 - Beauitful Burnout - A downtempo mix featuring Kieran Hebden, Matmos and Carl Craig.

2 - Keys, Strings and Tambourines - A mix featuring the best of laid back electronic music, featuring Kenny Larkin, Closer Musik, Murcof and DJ Krush.

3 - Do the Funky Boogaloo - A mix of upbeat reggae, soul, funk and hip-hop.

Check out http://secretsounds.podomatic.com/?p=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Two of Ireland's top professional wrestlers have taken over the airwaves at 92.5 Phoenix FM.

Irish Whip Wrestling's ANGRY ANDY and RAGIN' RICK present ANGER MANAGEMENT THERAPY every Wednesday at 10pm, where they take a look at the things in life that make us angry, frustrated, the things that make us laugh and cry. It's a non-wrestling show that currently runs for a half an hour each week and features chat and music based around a different theme (tonight's theme is 'The Anger Management Toy Show' for example).

The show is available from iTunes and to stream via Podbean. For links and full info go to http://www.bebo.com/AngerManagement1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Its in the sig!

Triple F Show on Power FM....

Music Policy House & Techno (In Various Guises)

100% Live Streamed DJ Mix Live Every Friday Afternoon, with guests on a weekly basis!

Friday Afternoon 3 -5 Pm

Links below!!!!

Listen again in the Power forum....

Live Drive will be taking a Christmas break but Dublin City FM will still challenge your musical taste buds with a varied broadcast offering in the slots concerned.

I am Sean Brophy and will present Music Junction on Wednesday 24th.and Monday 29th.December 2008 from 4.00 to 7.00pm

A variety of musical genres is promised with some radio rarities guaranteed to feature with more familiar items.

Should you have any suggestion please email jazzybrophy@gmail.com and I will endeavour to include all of your recommendations.

Happy Christmas from all at 103.2 Dublin City FM

Sean Brophy
    Music Junction Wed.24th.& Mon.29th.December from 4 to 7.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Flirt FM's Happy Hour show monday to friday 6-8 on 101.3 Fm in galway or live at flirtfm.ie isin't bad. I'm not blowing our own trumpet here, but the show is a drive-time new music and entertainment show which is aimed at students as Flirt fm is N.U.I. Galways student station, thursdays show with the happy hours producer Paul Hannon is really good, where he does sketches like Stephen Hawkins-sex pest, Learn to count with Robert Mugabe, Top Gear- Top drugs, etc.
    Its worth a listen..espically on mondays..:rolleyes:.

Post moved into Pimp my Show thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gmblaine

hi all im the cohost of the ghost mafia radio on www.para-x.com on tue nights at 8est to 10 est please come join us. thx blaine

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Enda Caldwell

www.radioluxembourg.co.uk

Just click on "audio on demand"

There is some exclusive on demand audio available on that special "Podcast Page". There is one Podcast for example with
    myself talking to The Emperor Rosko about his time at The Villa Louvigny. Check out some other exclusives with people like Sandy Beech, Nick Abbot, Timmy Mallet, Shaun Tilley and more like the tribute podcasts of Tommy Vance on Luxembourg Legends. There is also a Neil Fox podcast.. that has never yet been heard and may see the light of day one day. A lot of time and energy went into contacting some of the former jocks on The Great 208, interviewing them and scripting and producing these podcasts. I hope you enjoy them and that they bring you back some good memories of "The Station Of The Stars" They were all great fun to make. Listening to the Nick Abbot one is bringing back some great memories.. he was actually on the air on Planet Rock in the middle of a show when we recorded that telephone interview...

They are non-downloadable as they are RTL owned content.

The station continues online and still attracts max. capacity for the limit on the livestream daily. The page hits on the site are still very closely monitored by RTL.

Moved into the Pimp my Show thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cork_Man

Hi Guys

I present a Weekly Radio Show on Cork Campus Radio 98.3FM every Thursday between 12 and 1

The show is packed with new chart music, entertainment, quirky news stories, my pick of the week, a throwback to the 90s and of course a little bit of me and my personality. Ill also have a gig guide for cork and a run down of the current weeks singles chart.

You can listen online at www.ucc.ie/ccr

Listen to my promo here http://www.ucc.ie/ccr/audio/fresh%20Rendered.mp3

You can contact the radio on 0861778197 and by email radio@ucc.ie while im on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Blake Norton

Hey guys -- I'm involved in "Rebel Radio," a new comedy podcast broadcasting every Friday from Cork. It's 100% free and independent, so check it out. Feedback is welcomed at Info@RebelRadio.ie

www.RebelRadio.ie

Here's the release for the show --

-- Press Release--
    “REBEL RADIO” - NEW COMEDY SHOW HITS THE IRISH MARKET

Writer & television presenter Blake Norton is proud to announce the launch of a new comedy show, “Rebel Radio,” available now at RebelRadio.ie.

“Rebel Radio” seeks to challenge the status quo with an irreverent look at domestic and international culture in 2009, as an ensemble cast promises a show unlike anything in Irish broadcasting today. New episodes will be posted free every Friday night on RebelRadio.ie and iTunes, and are available to anyone with a computer.

CHANGING THE RULES
    “We’re entering a new era in broadcasting where the technology is catching up with the writers and giving them greater opportunities to achieve their creative vision than ever before” explains Blake.

“I’m incredibly excited to be returning to independent media, which is how I began in 1996. When you’re working in a large company, there are so many people involved in the process that compromise is usually the key to achieving success. The downside is, of course, that it is inherently difficult to innovate, to operate outside the box within a large company. ‘Rebel Radio’ is raw, immediate and dirty. We write it on Wednesday, record it on Thursday, and broadcast it on Friday. It’s a writer’s dream. I make one promise to every listener. If Rebel Radio fails, it be a spectacular failure of monumental proportions, and a direct result of my own personal incompetence. Not being in government or banking, the buck stops here!”

REBEL RADIO - THE CAST

Writer & producer Blake Norton (www.BlakeNorton.com) has been involved in print, TV & radio for twelve years. Previous posts include Editor-In-Chief at IGN Entertainment, San Francisco; Contributing Editor at H&S Media, Chicago; and current writer & performer for RTE Youth Programming.

Contributing writer & on-air talent, Mark Cosgrave (www.MarkCosgrave.com), was in fact the first member of Rebel Radio’s staff to set the bar for all-out incompetence. Mark resigned last month from his long-time accountancy position at Musgrave’s Cash & Carry in Belfast to move home to Cork to work on the show. Mark has studied & performed theatre for ten years, and is currently shooting his fourth independent film project in just the last twelve months.

Said Blake, “To resign from a steady job during the worst recession since 1929, to be a part of an independent radio show, takes both giant brass balls and a real disregard for one’s best interests. I can’t think of a more appropriate exemplification of the mindset that created “Rebel Radio” than seeing my best friend play Russian roulette with his own future. It’s like X-Factor, American Idol and Jurassic Park all rolled into one.”

Other regulars on the show include Adam Joyce and Siobhan Norton. Joyce brings the kind of experience one can only learn from spending two years screaming at children as a regular on the domestic pro-wrestling circuit. Meanwhile, Siobhan is an Art student. She earned her qualification for comedy by dropping out of nursing college after completing her first year, when she was reminded that the sight of blood has always made her pass out.

This is the kind of forward planning and attention to detail that “Rebel Radio” promises to provide the Irish broadcasting market.

REBEL RADIO – AVAILABLE NOW!

Rebel Radio hit the ground running, as the site launched today with Episode 1 (January 23rd) and Episode 2 (January 30th) already available, and Episode 3 coming this weekend.

New episodes of “Rebel Radio” will be posted just hours after they are recorded, every Friday night on “RebelRadio.ie”

The show is available for free download to any computer or music playing device.

Visit the Rebel Radio homepage at: www.RebelRadio.ie

-- END –

MEDIA CONTACT:
    Blake Norton – Blake@BlakeNorton.com

Advertisement