Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing secret of Eddie Rockets burger sauce!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

On the chicken fillet burger its great. On the regular burgers its meh. IMHO of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

ILMF wrote:
    No its not.

what is it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

tried mixing french's mustard and hellmann's mayonnaise there a couple of weeks ago, tastes pretty much the same as the eddie rockets burger sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

But mustard is yellow and mayo is white.

And Eddies sauce us green.

I think it has a pickley taste, so if the Frenches and Hellmans doesn't work out, I'm going to blend some pickles and ad mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm reliably informed that <snip>

'cptr

• Advertisement

What kind of <snip>?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Interceptor and senordingdong, keep this thread to talking about foodstuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Interceptor .... foodstuffs.

OK. But its a harmless protein and it tastes like sushi. Well, kind of like sushi. Well not really like sushi. Sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

"the secret ingredient is... love?! whos been tampering with this thing"

but that aside , i would love to know exactly whats in this too , i suspect still that any strong deli mustard with some mayo will get the job done , maybe a hint of ketchup too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Got a jar of, I think its Heinz Burger Sauce at home. Fookin great stuff. Make burgers taste just like Mcdonalds or BK. Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laneybaby555

Hellmans do an excellent burger sauce too. They arent a new concept, they've been around for years. Actually, a little burger sauce, French's, and Hellmans mayo mixed together is a simply class dip for chips/wedges too. Be still my grumbling stomach.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

So does anyone have the secret recipie or a tried and tested mehod that makes a fairly good version of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Having worked in Eddie Rockets in Tallaght many years ago not long after it opened on the grill & in food prep, I can confirm when i worked there - the 'secret sauce' was Blenders Mayonaise mixed with an American mustard also provided by Blenders.

The cheese sauce for those who care, was this giant can of 'American Redwood Cheese' type gloop (that when emptied from the tin kinda slurped it's way out in a creme-caramel-esque way into the vat we mixed it in), that was mixed with one & a half cans worth of milk, & the whole thing mixed by hand with a giant whisk ('the whisk of doom' as some bugger in there called it - cos your arms f**kin killed after using it!!!!)

Any other Ed's secrets anyone needs, PM me ....... :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Is it an equal mixture of both mayo and mustard??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

lizt wrote: »
    Is it an equal mixture of both mayo and mustard??

I think it was a 5KG bucket of Mayo & a 1KG plastic jar-bottle thing of the mustard as best I recollect.

We used to make the garlic mayo using Blenders Mayo back then before they decided to just buy it in pre-made.

Not to deviate too much off it, but I'll never forget when they went from us making the burgers into patties to the patties coming in pre-made, or the discovery that the chili came in in huge buckets pre-made from the South Anne Street branch (all the chili back then was made there, cooled & dumped into giant buckets, almost like those giant beer buckets from home brewing kits) & delivered to the franchise stores once a week & then placed in the cold rooms.

Best thing about working in Ed's back then? being able to knock in any time we liked for free food LOL ..... made my college days far more bearable ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

ven0m wrote: »
    I think it was a 5KG bucket of Mayo & a 1KG plastic jar-bottle thing of the mustard as best I recollect.

We used to make the garlic mayo using Blenders Mayo back then before they decided to just buy it in pre-made.

Not to deviate too much off it, but I'll never forget when they went from us making the burgers into patties to the patties coming in pre-made, or the discovery that the chili came in in huge buckets pre-made from the South Anne Street branch (all the chili back then was made there, cooled & dumped into giant buckets, almost like those giant beer buckets from home brewing kits) & delivered to the franchise stores once a week & then placed in the cold rooms.

Best thing about working in Ed's back then? being able to knock in any time we liked for free food LOL ..... made my college days far more bearable ROFL

dont suppose anyone knows what the red dust like stuff is they put on the fries? presumed it was paprika but on trying it at home it wasnt too tasty :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sybiathriall

dont suppose anyone knows what the red dust like stuff is they put on the fries? presumed it was paprika but on trying it at home it wasnt too tasty :/

hey its a mixed spice called season all...could only be got in america but its in tesco now in the spice aisle! but make sure you get the normal one because the spicy is not as good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bubba Shlub

hey its a mixed spice called season all

Would it be from a brand called Morton's?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Great thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's also common on mainland Europe, it's a blend of spices with paprika, onion salt IIRC amongst others. Some of the East European food shops might have it. I get mine from Germany, keep an eye out for a spice mix called Gewurz Salz. Yummeh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Thanks for the info. Mustard & Mayo it is!

It can't be...mustard is yellow.
    The sauce is green.

It doesn't even have a hitn of mustard in it.

It's mayonaisse and blended pickles.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

It can't be...mustard is yellow.
    The sauce is green.

It doesn't even have a hitn of mustard in it.

It's mayonaisse and blended pickles.
    Its not green its a light mustard colour,or just off yellow.

Advertisement