Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Ok weird, random statement about hating everyone.... ok ok lol what's wrong, what's happened?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

christmas depresses me

Pourquoi?

i have no idea what that means,

christmas bothers me because people put this big stigma on why you should "love your fellow man",

should we not be doing this all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

christmas bothers me because people put this big stigma on why you should "love your fellow man",
    thats actually really true, people get all sentimental and are really nice to you, when they arent at all for the rest of the year....the fakeness of it all seriously annoys me
    (im not saying genuine friendliness is bad, just the the fake kind especially for xmas ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

what horrible is just after christmas when everyone is really glum etc. i think christmas offers people hope, or maybe a temporary respite from their lives (especially if they dont particularly like their jobs/ etc). its an excuse for people to let their hair down, drink and eat without feeling guilty for over-indulging.
    i wish christmas was permanant-eg people would constantly be in good moods, smiling and appreciating others, rather then just for 2weeks of the year.

wishful thinking... :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

It'd lose it's appeal very quickly then.

I dunno bout ye but before and up to christmas I find to be stressful. Aye it's fun n all but tbh I don't think most of us are used to being this close to our familys (whilst hungover too). Personally the best time is just after christmas contrary to what snorlax says.
    Why?
    It's like a giant wave of relief after the stress of shopping, fraid family nerves, decorating, cleaning, cooking, sending cards etc. etc..
    All you have to do for the next few days is relax, watch telly, play with your prezzies, eat turkey&stuffing sandwiches, drink beer and wait for the big new years party :D

Right after crimbo truly is my favourite time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

decorating, cleaning, cooking, sending cards etc. etc..

All of which I did singlehandedly this year, heh. Ah well, there was plenty of mulled wine so I was okay..

I've never tasted mulled wine :( am I missing anything?

• Advertisement

Yes.. It's delicious, and it tastes like christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hey pet did you actually cook the whole christmas dinner in your gaf. i reckon i could do it, but i know i def wouldn't. how did it go?

I've never tasted mulled wine am I missing anything?

Imagine Christmas in an alcoholic drink, mmm. Lots of cinnamon and cloves and such, it's yummy.
    hey pet did you actually cook the whole christmas dinner in your gaf. i reckon i could do it, but i know i def wouldn't. how did it go?

Yep, it went surprisingly well actually! I was wrecked after it though..

fair play to you pet, cooking the dinner and all. I'd find a way to screw it up, best to leave it to the rents

not really a fan of cinnamon, dont think id like it so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

chick, I don't like cinnamon either but mulled wine is really nice

cloves are gross too though.... really really dont think id like it

You don't eat the cloves themselves dumdum..

Basically we're saying don't knock it til you've tried it..

it doesn't taste like any of the ingredients, it's wonderful

Ok fair enough, my parents r bound to have some knocking round the house so I'll give it it a shot.

Then again its probably all guzzled by now :( the amount of relatives coming and going around here its like bloody heuston :rolleyes:

Chick wrote:
    Ok fair enough, my parents r bound to have some knocking round the house so I'll give it it a shot.

Then again its probably all guzzled by now :( the amount of relatives coming and going around here its like bloody heuston :roleyes:

Yeah, my relatives make alcos look like pioneers..I've never seen so many empty drink bottles, I was too ashamed to drive to the bottle bank so I got my sister to go..

• Advertisement

Eh Apex, what's the Jackanory with editing my smilies...?

Pet, fair play like, all of our bottles are still there... Whats the point in going to the bottle bank sure theyre all gonna pile up over new years again. another truck load of relatives i suppose :rolleyes:

Calm yourself there young lady.
    I just fixed it cos it was annoying me..

:roleyes: to :rolleyes:

see the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

hehe, touchy arn't ye chick?

No skylynx Im not touchy just wondering why he did it, gawd!

Thanks apex i see what ya mean alright

It's apex's OCD, he can't help it. When he eats breakfast he arranges everything alphabetically

must be a total mare for him eating alphabet spaghetti...:eek:

what the hell is a mare?

on a lesser point, i didnt go to work today....

in fact, i'm only just out of bed!

ha!

(you should have ALL gone to the boards beers)

nightmare!

where d'you work by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

what the hell is a mare?QUOTE]

NIGHT"mare"

• Advertisement

you of all people should know about keeping a secret identity

dun dun dunnnnn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement