Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What team do You support

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

Have supported New England since the Steve Grogan days. Have a Andre Tippet jersey at home. Suffered through the awful eighties, watching snippets of the Pats getting whupped on C4, Sat and cried, totally distraught as that Bears team embarassed my boys in the Superbowl.

Had nightmares of the Fridge belly flopping over the goal line to really rub it in, for years to follow. Was slowly dragged back in by the great Bledsoe years, until finally dancing around the living room with my brother after the magical 2001 season finished with the drive and the FG.

Can not wait to see the Pats take the Colts apart on Sunday, but have been waiting 20 years, yep, 20 years for the Nov 20th showdown against the Bears. What I love is that the betting might be close, seeing as the Bears are the hype pick right now. But seriously, a AL team, at home, with revenge on its mind?

I really can't wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ah Steve Grogan.. long neck

46-10 that was one hell of a beating.

Some great games coming up in the next few weeks.

Who was the wide receiver who took the knife to his bitch before that game?

Went on to become an ordained minister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

Have supported New England since the Steve Grogan days. Have a Andre Tippet jersey at home. Suffered through the awful eighties, watching snippets of the Pats getting whupped on C4, Sat and cried, totally distraught as that Bears team embarassed my boys in the Superbowl.

Had nightmares of the Fridge belly flopping over the goal line to really rub it in, for years to follow. Was slowly dragged back in by the great Bledsoe years, until finally dancing around the living room with my brother after the magical 2001 season finished with the drive and the FG.

Can not wait to see the Pats take the Colts apart on Sunday, but have been waiting 20 years, yep, 20 years for the Nov 20th showdown against the Bears. What I love is that the betting might be close, seeing as the Bears are the hype pick right now. But seriously, a AL team, at home, with revenge on its mind?

I really can't wait..

*groan* that was heartbreaking!! And embarrassing. But I won $250 on the squares :) had 3 and 3. Won the first two quarters.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redlionbhoy

Redskins fan here
    Redskins fan #2 reporting for duty here!
    What a letdown the return of Joe Gibbs has been!.The momentum of last years surge fom 5-6 to 10-6 has died and apart from Brunells completion record V the "might" of the Texans and Santana Moss' heroics V Jacksonville,this seasons been a shambles.
    A win V the Cowboys would be a nice stepping stone on sunday but now that Bledsoe has being removed,we're not going to get as many sacks & int's as we need.Last years defense overachieved and throw in this years injuries and they havent helped
    As for the offense~all the weapons should be there and the days of 3x1,000 yd WRs and a 1,000yd rusher & 4,000yd QB should be a reality but Cooley & Patten & Randle El arent being fed the ball
    A shutout v Dallas will do at this stage,as the schedule now looks too tough to smell the playoffs,my preseason optimism made me back them at 16/1 to land the big one! silly me

• Advertisement

Big_G wrote:

Cool, you keep hanging on to the past there chum,
    if you think the Bears are coming into New England
    and leaving with anything other than a lesson in AL
    superiority
    , and a severe thrashing at the hands of Brady and Co,
    well you are crazier than Jim McMahon on acid...

Patriots 27- Bears 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Big_G wrote:
    The thing that struck me watching that is how light everybody is. Amazing the difference in body shapes in 20 years.

jdivision wrote:
    The thing that struck me watching that is how light everybody is. Amazing the difference in body shapes in 20 years.

That's a pretty decent point to say the least
    The Fridge looks like Kate Moss when put beside Ted Washington

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Players were a bit smaller, on average. He was 3 inches shorter. However, he looks a damn site more muscular than chubby Ted, and he could slam dunk and jump onto a kitchen table from a standing start. Hardly could say that for Ted. And Ted never scored a touchdown in the Superbowl. Bigger ain't necessarily better.

Big_G wrote:
    Players were a bit smaller, on average. He was 3 inches shorter. However, he looks a damn site more muscular than chubby Ted, and he could slam dunk and jump onto a kitchen table from a standing start. Hardly could say that for Ted. And Ted never scored a touchdown in the Superbowl. Bigger ain't necessarily better.

Just looked it up
    Several defensive linemen on the Patriots, for example, are bigger than the Fridge was in 1985. Vincent Wilfork is shorter but heavier. Richard Seymore is taller than slightly lighter. Point is, theres TONNES of Fridges around now, when back then he was the only one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

William Perry's alleged playing weight in 1985 (in-season) was 308lbs

The average offensive lineman is bigger than that today.

His out-of-season weight bordered on 400lbs. Dan Hampton named im biscuit, because he was 'one biscuit away from 400 when he reported to Training Camp.

As Ditka used to say 'everytime he goes back to Carolina, the chicken population is cut in half'

Advertisement