Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What team do You support

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

Seahawks fan since the days of warner and krieg.And of course the boz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Tony Boselli??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

new orlean saints

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

john_g83 wrote:
    Excellent another Bengals Fan....who knew!?
    Was watching the match last night in Buskers in Temple Bar wearing my Bengals Jersey and got talking to a few guys who were from Cincinnati, they must have gotten a shock to see a Bengals Top in Ireland. Anyway really enjoyed the game, although we still look pretty bad against the rush.
    A win next week means 4-0 after playing Cheifs, Browns, Steelers and Patriots...Which would be class, I read alot of people saying they would be 1-3 or 2-2.

P.s. Yes the steelers are Gaytarded!

We tend to have a fairly feckin swiss cheese style of D when it comes to the rush Alright!, but we haven't been punished yet....thank god.
    SOoooOooo many injuries, suspensions etc. that as the season goes on we might start gettin a bit fooked, so I hope we can win plenty over the 1st half of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

st. louis rams fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

dcx122 wrote:
    st. louis rams fan

Good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have only recently found myself getting involved in football but I think I've already grown fond of The Eagles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

EARMUFFS wrote:

Ah how could I forget him...... tks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rick flair

J - E - T - S

Hopefully This Season We Can Get Away Hern Edwards And Make It To The Playoffs With Chads Dodgy Shoulder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Surpised there not more Raiders fans.

Maybe there just embarrised. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Surpised there not more Raiders fans.

Maybe there just embarrised. :D

And rightly so, they are awful this year, 0-16 here we come!! Aaron Brooks FFS!!

i thought we would of done better this year, how wrong i was. At least we get another decent draft pick. They'll probaly get another defensive back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Not hugely into NFL, but I would have to say that i'm a New England Patriots fan! Mostly to do with the history and culture of Boston and the whole New England area.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Its KC all the way for me.

Been a Chiefs fan since the mid 90s days of Steve Bono, Marcus Allen, Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith.

The current crop aren't too bad. Always look like doing something spectacular but always fall short. Trent Green is solid enough but it's the running game that's super. Priest Holmes + Larry Johnson = Yards and plenty of them!

Tony Gonzalez is my favourite player and still the best TE in the NFL.

And what a win over the 49ers!! 41-0!!!

i thought we would of done better this year, how wrong i was. At least we get another decent draft pick. They'll probaly get another defensive back though.

Yea, to be honest I was shocked that they passed on matt leinart

Hugely over valued Aaron brooks.

Up against 49ers next week, probay the match to see who will be first pick. If we lose that, i am seriously worried about going 0-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've been a New York Giants fan since the day I was born. I've with them through all the highs and lows. I'll never forget Super Bowls XXI and XXV. There's also that other Super Bowl they were in but we don't talk about that one.

The Giants seemed promising at the beginning of this season but that first half against the Seahawks was painful to watch. The second half was too little too late. This Sunday's game against the Redskins is gonna be a make or break for the season I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

I'm a Broncos fan since I first got interested in the NFL. In the last year or two I have become an even bigger fan of the sport and this season especially I have learned more about it. Though because of going back to college on Sunday evenings means I dont get to see as many matches as I would like to as we dont hvae Sky in our flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

I laugh at people who say they "always have, always will" when talking aobut their team, in the same way an American talks about supporting Man Utd. You can't speak about American Football like Americans can, because you're not there to feel the atmosphere or know what it's really like to support that team.

The only reason I like certain teams is because of Madden, I don't know anything about their history, but I don't pretend I do.

I look at Irish people supporting Premiership teams in the same way, but that's more excusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

xha1r wrote:
    I laugh at people who say they "always have, always will" when talking aobut their team, in the same way an American talks about supporting Man Utd. You can't speak about American Football like Americans can, because you're not there to feel the atmosphere or know what it's really like to support that team.

The only reason I like certain teams is because of Madden, I don't know anything about their history, but I don't pretend I do.

I look at Irish people supporting Premiership teams in the same way, but that's more excusable.

So what you're saying is that it's impossible to pick up a proper allegiance to a team unless you live within a five mile radius of the ground? Ridiculous.

So what if it takes a computer game for people to discover a team? Over here we don't have easy access to the sport but that doesn't mean we can't have the same kind of passion as an American supporter. Following a team doesn't necessarily mean you need to be a season ticket holder and attend every off season practice.

Just because you learnt from a game doesn't mean we all did. I've watched NFL for over ten years back when I was only 11. I'm sure the teams themselves would be only too glad to know they have people on the other side of the world taking an interest in their players and history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

xha1r wrote:

Well you may not know much about teams` histories, but i do ( and im sure im not alone here). One of my hobbies is reading about old Dynasties, ( the packers in the 60s, the steelers in the 70s etc) Superbowls, from the "ice bowl" to "the catch", from Bart Starr to Joe Montana. I also love watching videos of past games. For me its just interesting.

One good thing about living in the past; you cant beat the prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

xha1r wrote:

I can safely say I've always been supporting the Giants because I always have. I was born in NJ and grew up watching the Giants. I wouldn't look down on anybody in Ireland whose recently gotten into the Giants though. I'd figure that they've gotten off to a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

xha1r wrote:

Disagree totally who are you? I have supported the Patriots since I was about 8. Play American Football, Know the history of the NFL quite well History of the USFL NCAA CFL AFL NFL EUROPE oh and have been to many football games and will be going to 5 more before the end of the year. So yes there are those of us that know what it is really like to support the teams. You will find we are not a small group either. So dude think about your comments before posting. There is life to Football outside Madden(the game that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

dcx122 wrote:
    st. louis rams fan

Phew - I'm not the only one...

Big Faulk and Jackson fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Dolphins fan and proud even though we are crap.

P.S anybody know where i can get the first down magazine in the Dublin/Wicklow area I have searched alot of places over the last few days and cant get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Born and raised on the southside of Chicago, there is only one team.

Chicago Bears.

The 'D' is as nasty as any that we have seen since the Bears teams of the mid 80s.

The 'O' is till finding itself and in the process still putting up a league high 31.2 points per game.

It is still early in the season, and with the exception of the mauling of the defending NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks (minus MVP Shaun Alexander) the Bears haven't really played any teams worth mentioning (Packers, Lions, Vikings)

The Bears biggest tests will be a three game road trip in November when they play Jets, Giants and Patriots. If none of these teams can 'draw blood' the 1972 Dolphins may be looking over their shoulders.

No chance Bears will go 16-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I agree that it is a long shot, but their schedule, which looked to be much harder at the start of the season is rather weak.

New England is by far the best team that they will face throughout the rest of the season. The Bears division is a joke. The only other competitive teams that they will face are 'dysfunctional' from week to week.

2006 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE AND RESULTS
    Week Date Time Opponent
    1 Sun. Sep. 10 4:15 p.m. ET at Packers 26-0
    2 Sun. Sep. 17 1:00 p.m. ET Lions 34-7
    3 Sun. Sep. 24 1:00 p.m. ET at Vikings 19-16
    4 Sun. Oct. 1 8:15 p.m. ET Seahawks 37-6
    5 Sun. Oct. 8 1:00 p.m. ET Bills 40-7
    6 Mon. Oct. 16 8:30 p.m. ET at Cardinals (1-4)
    7 BYE WEEK
    8 Sun. Oct. 29 1:00 p.m. ET 49ers (2-3)
    9 Sun. Nov. 5 1:00 p.m. ET Dolphins (1-4)
    10 Sun. Nov. 12 1:00 p.m. ET at Giants (2-2)
    11 Sun. Nov. 19 1:00 p.m. ET at Jets (2-3)
    12 Sun. Nov. 26 1:00 p.m. ET at Patriots (4-1)
    13 Sun. Dec. 3 1:00 p.m. ET Vikings (3-2)
    14 Mon. Dec. 11 8:30 p.m. ET at Rams (4-1)
    15 Sun. Dec. 17 1:00 p.m. ET Buccaneers (1-4)
    16 Sun. Dec. 24 1:00 p.m. ET at Lions (0-5)
    17 Sun. Dec. 31 1:00 p.m. ET Packers (1-4)

I think if you look at how weak the schedule actually is then you can see the possibilities.

• Advertisement

I agree that it is a long shot, but their schedule, which looked to be much harder at the start of the season is rather weak.

New England is by far the best team that they will face throughout the rest of the season. The Bears division is a joke. The only other competitive teams that they will face are 'dysfunctional' from week to week.

2006 REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE AND RESULTS
    Week Date Time Opponent
    1 Sun. Sep. 10 4:15 p.m. ET at Packers 26-0
    2 Sun. Sep. 17 1:00 p.m. ET Lions 34-7
    3 Sun. Sep. 24 1:00 p.m. ET at Vikings 19-16
    4 Sun. Oct. 1 8:15 p.m. ET Seahawks 37-6
    5 Sun. Oct. 8 1:00 p.m. ET Bills 40-7
    6 Mon. Oct. 16 8:30 p.m. ET at Cardinals (1-4)
    7 BYE WEEK
    8 Sun. Oct. 29 1:00 p.m. ET 49ers (2-3)
    9 Sun. Nov. 5 1:00 p.m. ET Dolphins (1-4)
    10 Sun. Nov. 12 1:00 p.m. ET at Giants (2-2)
    11 Sun. Nov. 19 1:00 p.m. ET at Jets (2-3)
    12 Sun. Nov. 26 1:00 p.m. ET at Patriots (4-1)
    13 Sun. Dec. 3 1:00 p.m. ET Vikings (3-2)
    14 Mon. Dec. 11 8:30 p.m. ET at Rams (4-1)
    15 Sun. Dec. 17 1:00 p.m. ET Buccaneers (1-4)
    16 Sun. Dec. 24 1:00 p.m. ET at Lions (0-5)
    17 Sun. Dec. 31 1:00 p.m. ET Packers (1-4)

I think if you look at how weak the schedule actually is then you can see the possibilities.

It's fairly soft alright, the only other danger on paper are the Rams, however I think they will fall away a bit and won't keep up their current form (the rams that is). I just can't believe how good Grossman has been. Unless another team from the NFC steps up (Eagles perhaps), they could have a clear path to the Super Bowl.

Advertisement