Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutiny as passengers refuse to fly until Asians are removed

Options
  • 22-08-2006 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

British holidaymakers staged an unprecedented mutiny - refusing to allow their flight to take off until two men they feared were terrorists were forcibly removed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=401419&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=NEWS&ct=5

I can't believe the ignorance of some people:mad: I mean who do they think they are! these two fellas had been cleared by airport security already! these people should be ashamed of themselves. yet there they are posing in a picture like they are victims of some attack.... the only victims were those two poor asian lads on the plane.

This human race of ours keeps making the same stupid mistakes and a mob mentality like this can only spread. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Shame on them.

i hope the asian lads sue for every single penny that they can. Thats ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I hope they sue too. If it was up to me I'd fuk the others complaining off the plane for being disruptive.

OMG someone in an airport checking thier watch and badly dressed. Good thing we can find terrorists this way as I don't ever recall anyone looking like that before.

Reminds me of how Irish people where treated in the 70's tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That actually really makes me angry, the complete and utter ignorence of people is shocking.

I think that airport security is too extreme at the best of times, we cant live in fear all the time, it will always be the safest way to travell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Can I get the British scumbag holiday makers kicked off my flight because they start talking about "birds" and football and how much they plan to drink on the flight .... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Wicknight wrote:
    Can I get the British scumbag holiday makers kicked off my flight because they start talking about "birds" and football and how much they plan to drink on the flight .... :rolleyes:
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Morons. I can't believe the airline removed the two men. They should have allowed whomever to disembark and then just left without them. I have no problem with passengers kicking up a stink over valid problems*, but asking for two people to be removed because they don't like them is pure racism.
    What would happen if two Nordies got on and started speaking as Gaeilge? Nothing.

* For example, girlfriend's mate was getting onto a flight. There was an old freaky woman wandering around the terminal, talking to herself. Old woman queues to board the same flight as my gf's mate, she manages to spot the aul one's passport, and it's blatantly not her on it. Old woman manages to get on anyway, and ends up sitting in front of gf's mate, still muttering to herself, and fumbling in her bags. Gf's mate throws a wobbler and refuses to calm down until the air hostesses check the old woman again. They do, and promptly remove her from the flight. The air hostess thanked her - the old woman had a fake passport, several banned (though not necessarily dangerous) items in her bag, and had unsuccessfully attempted to board an earlier flight in the same terminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

seamus wrote:
    The air hostess thanked her - the old woman had a fake passport, several banned (though not necessarily dangerous) items in her bag, and had unsuccessfully attempted to board an earlier flight in the same terminal.

Off topic, but you are right Airport passport checks are a bit joke, especially with the budget airlines (not naming names but you know who I mean).

I have boared a flight with my dads passport by mistake (when we were travelling all together) and no one stopped me until my dad, behind me in the queue, realised the mistake. Yer one checking the passport didn't even seem to care that she just let me walk onto a plane with a passport that had a different name and a photo that looked nothing like me (my dad is in his fifties)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Sgt. Sensible

Wicknight wrote:
    Off topic, but you are right Airport passport checks are a bit joke, especially with the budget airlines (not naming names but you know who I mean).

I have boared a flight with my dads passport by mistake (when we were travelling all together) and no one stopped me until my dad, behind me in the queue, realised the mistake. Yer one checking the passport didn't even seem to care that she just let me walk onto a plane with a passport that had a different name and a photo that looked nothing like me (my dad is in his fifties)
    In Schonefeld airport (and all other german airports I think), the police check passports at arrival and before departure, regardless of what airline you use.

I've been following that story. It's pathetic. And the idiot family that had their picture in the papers should be ashamed of themselves. All AQ operatives have to do is get onto loads of flights, moan about other passengers and create airport chaos with delayed flights all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sign of the times I'm afraid.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would sue. That is a disgrace. Also, i would have removed the holidaymakers rather fast with a polite boot in the arse and no refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wow. I'm amazed the airline actually did that. Pathetic show on their part, and particularly that of the "holidaymakers". Much as I dislike the culture of lawsuits, I'll be quite happy to see this one go to court.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stupid alright. Fair play to the two "accused" guys being apparently chilled about the whole thing. I'm sure I would sue if I was in their shoes too, I must say.

As for the airline backing down, I can see why they did that. In fairness the potential of losing control of a bunch of people when their blood was up like that in the air may have had worse consequences. The captains responsibility is to the safety of the aircraft, passengers and crew. The way he handled it was the only practical way he could have, even if it sounds and is ridiculous in retrospect. A paranoid mob mentality is not a good thing at 25,000 feet(in old money). Just shows how frayed nerves are getting. I'm not sure how I would have dealt with it. I'd hope I'd not freak out like the rest, though I'm sure I would be worried as much about the crowd as any potential bombers, especially if drink was taken halfway through the flight.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They refused to fly, kick them the **** off.
    I would have laid into, verbally, those idiots.

Very helpful

Mike.

It's a disgrace that people would not speak up for the two guys, get off the plane or shut u and sit down.
    Yes, if people did not sit by like doe eyed dear it would be very helpful.

Tar.Alderton arrested in Malaga for inciting riot!

Mike.

This Tar.Alderton has a clever alias, with an eloquent debating style. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mike65 wrote:
    Sign of the times I'm afraid.

Mike.
    Aye. You make terror. You make people fear terror. People will fear terror, and anyone they see as terror, they will turn on, tbh.

Sorry Tar! (I always read your name as Alderton!)

Mike.

• Advertisement

You should hear some of the ones people come out with. Yours is veritable accuracy in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Get a room:p

Yeah pretty silly event, what can you do. I'd suspect it was a minority of the passengers creating the problem tbh. Hopefully we dont see more cases like that one:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ha ha

"The extraordinary scenes happened after some of the 150 passengers on a Malaga-Manchester flight overheard two men of Asian appearance apparently talking Arabic. "
    Jesus, Not ARABIC!!!!
    ****! Next you'll be telling us they were showing images of mohammad on a popular newspaper.

"Passengers noticed that, despite the heat, the pair were wearing leather jackets and thick jumpers and were regularly checking their watches. "

Jesus. Early in the morning on a flight, and they appeared to be covering themselves with thick clothes. Almost as if they had been expecting to... lie down at the airport or something. And as for checking their watches, jeez, one would even think they wanted to make sure they were getting to their flight on time.
    Its just a sign of the xenophobic times. I mean George W. Bush cant even mention the word "terrorist" without prefacing it with the term "islamic" What a load of shi'ite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What a load of shi'ite.

Very witty:D

Why is the daily mail's language so neutral on this topic?
    Are they just scared of all muslims now?
    Why isnt the headline some sort of printable version of "Small-minded English cünts ruin things for everyone as usual"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

Why is the daily mail's language so neutral on this topic?
    Are they just scared of all muslims now?
    Why isnt the headline some sort of printable version of "Small-minded English cünts ruin things for everyone as usual"?

Dude, it's the Daily Mail. You're lucky the headline wasn't "Islamofacist terrorist scum foiled by courageous English heroes. Where are our government now?!"

A plane flying from Schiphol airport turned back after cabin crew felt several passengers were behaving strangly. Dutch air-force scrambled!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5278092.stm

Mike.

The dutch airforce is always scrambled. Wouldn't you be? Weed and fighter jets. I'd be tits up. In the desert. Bombing every cave with a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I think the airline is to blame for kicking the men off. I would have told whoever didn't like it to get off, and kept the men on board. I mean their idea of "suspicious behaviour" is laughable, who doesn't check their watch all the time at the airport? Plenty of people wear layers, especially when they don't want to be charged an arm and a leg for excess baggage, or going to England where it's likely cold on the other side. And what, will they ban people from speaking Arabic now as well? I'll bet the passengers were too ignorant to even know WHAT they were speaking, it could have easily been Urdu or Hindi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Any reports of passengers protesting the non-asian policy? Were Orientals allowed on or do they originate from countries too close to the middle east?

I mean ffs - I would have went nuts. I would have just demanded the racists get off if they're not happy.

Anyone posting here "al-quaida looking" Asian? Have you been getting sh|t like this in any form since the latest alledged thwart of mass murder on a plane??

I sincerely hope not but this is really making me concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement