Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggest an album for me

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If you like Oasis then I can't recommend any albums to you on general principle. Sorry. That's some toxic rehashed lazy **** right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

I like it chuckprofit, I likes it a lot,..:) ,but your omitting a few classics all the same

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Bryjun
    Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain
    Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man - Out of Season

Alll beauties in their own right.

agree with sigur ros and beth gibbons...never really got goldfrapp tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DrussTheLegend

The Mars Volta........... Frances The Mute.............you'll love it everyone does!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Henry Sails...

agree with sigur ros and beth gibbons...never really got goldfrapp tho

Yea, their new one, Black Cherry isnt up to much, Im not into fuzzy electronica posturing, even if it is her amazing voice floating around on top of it. However, Felt Mountain is a much more down to earth, relaxing record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Black Market Music - Placebo

Meds - Placebo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

silver jews-starlite walker

an excellent album of alt indie/americana from the early 90s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

ok, I'm not sure if this is the wrong forum, so if it is, then modes feel free to move.

Basically, I haven't found an album in about two years that has absolutely blown me away, and I'm looking for some suggestions.

Now I know a lot of you guys would have different tastes to me, so here's some of my favourite bands/musicians:

Beatles
    kinks
    oasis
    bellx1
    mercury rev
    Damien Rice
    Declan O Rourke
    John lennon solo stuff
    I like *some* of the artic monkey stuff
    the Killers
    Bob Dylan

So I'd like to find a band that are in the same genre as these?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Going by what you're saying thereand bands/acts you list, then I'd echo a quote somebody else made that you're missing stuff by the Stones; anything from the purple patch (Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main St) is a good buy.

For something slightly more up to date, you might chance taking a punt on Teenage Fanclub. A bit beatley, a bit byrds-y, clever songs, nice harmonies...Most folks say Bandwagonesque is their finest hour (or 46 minutes, probably) but I'm slightly more a Grand Prix man meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Hot hot hot - Make up the breakdown, won't blow you away but you'll probably like it.

Been listening to Tilly and the Wall all day and I think their great so maybe you should give em a go.

People have already mentioned Arcade Fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The Mars Volta........... Frances The Mute.............you'll love it everyone does!!!!!!!!!!!

nah de-loused in the comatorium was better.

I reccomend modest mouse - the moon and antarctic

also for the laugh.... Meshuggah -I :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Neva Dinova - The Hate Yourself Change

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Livewire304

The Fray - How To Save a Life
    Goo Goo Dolls - Let Love In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ballboy - Sash my father wore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

If you like BellX1, Mercury Rev and Damien Rice you might like Waiting Room. They're an Irish band, from Cork I think.
    Have a look at their website or MySpace before you run out and buy their album, "Catering For Headphones". There's some MP3s available. www.waitingroomfun.com

I'd also recommend Pearl Jam. Even just try their greatest hits album, "Rearviewmirror". Or their first album, "Ten". It's all great :)

Advertisement