Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lankavatara Sutra.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Sorry guys, I am snowed under with work and have no time to join in this fascinating debate at the moment. I will catch up with it later, but am reading every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

We know you are with us, Asiaprod. Like a smiling Buddha with his eyes closed while we are playing with words, trying to wrap them like pretty paper around the beautiful ideas in this sutra :)

I also will be gone from my computer for five days and will see you all next week. Much Love to everyone -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

...And I think I'll need some time to "digest" MeditationMom's answer. (Thank you MeditationMom!! :) )

Just one small comment:
    The difference is that before Enlightenment there is still a choice to abandon the effort, not so afterwards.

Do we really have a choice at any time of existence, I wonder? To me it seems like “life” has its own way (some times a hard way… when we resist...) of always forcing us “back in the saddle”, so to speak.

Best wishes to all of you!

(PS:I hope the work you are snowed under with is enjoyable, Asia, and not only ”toil and trouble”,ds.)

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

maitri wrote:
    PS:I hope the work you are snowed under with is enjoyable, Asia, and not only ”toil and trouble”,ds.
    Its the best kind, interesting, and pays good money:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

by maitri- Just one small comment:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MeditationMom

The difference is that before Enlightenment there is still a choice to abandon the effort, not so afterwards.

Do we really have a choice at any time of existence, I wonder? To me it seems like “life” has its own way (some times a hard way… when we resist...) of always forcing us “back in the saddle”, so to speak.

Hmm, good point. In other words if you chose to abandon this whole effort towards enlightenment, life will do it for you, whether you "want" this or not. I would agree with you. There are many unintentional "paths" towards enlightenment, with life itself being the master, encouraging you when you are on the right track and hitting you over the head when you need a lesson in humility. I have many bumps on my head!

Advertisement