Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x06 - 200 [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Good - Fond memories and nice way to celebrate the show
    I never laughed as hard at an episode of Stargate, and I LOLed a lot at the Groundhog Day one when O'Neill and Teal'c were driving golf balls through the gate in full poncy golfer gear.

The Far-Scape reference made me fall over. Fair play to them, it's great to see a show willing to utterly rip the piss out of itself like that.

I also really loved the way that they totaly overdid the "Indeed..." thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Somewhat mixed feelings - Hoped it'd be more memorable
    Kharn wrote:
    I never laughed as hard at an episode of Stargate, and I LOLed a lot at the Groundhog Day one when O'Neill and Teal'c were driving golf balls through the gate in full poncy golfer gear.
    Ah yes, Window of Oppertunity, excellent episode, the riding through the SGC on a bike ringing the bell was priceless in that one too, and the juggling,the funniest episode of SG1 until now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Pointless crap, if I want comedy I will watch a comedy show... something that is actually funny. Lighthearted and comedy are not the same thing and stargate should stay on the side of the line it has been on for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh gawd it was so awful!
    Ok I laughed, but NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TOO...MUCH....LOLING!!!

Brilliant, had me in stitches all the way through.
    Best bits were the teen Sg-1, the Teal'c P.I piece and (I can't believe no-one mentioned this one...) when Jack and co. were recalling their 'walking into the sunset' by fishing, then the camera pans to Mitchell and Vala, by the pond and Mitchell says 'Yeeep' or something, then Jack calls him on it and makes funny faces at him.
    Too funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Pretty good episode I have to say. I liked how they subtly made fun of 24 "A clock on the screen, sure no-one is going to watch that" :D

I think it was kinda profectic that they kept mentioning about the series being extended or a feature film when that is exactly what happened in real life.

Bringing back RDA was always going to heighten this episodes ratings in our poll.

10/10 for humour, laughter etc. but its a pity that it had to be a complete "stand alone " episode - it might have been better if it had tied in with the Ori storyline, at least a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I loved it...

The Team America style puppets and the way Hammond introduced the team was just brilliant (LOL @ Walter - "oh I feel sooo stupid!" :D)

The Star Trek pisstake was gas as well as was invisible O'Neill and the jokes about "just have other characters refer to him all the time" etc :p

Agree it was let down a bit by the ending though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

It takes a show that is really confident in their viewers to cobble together all those sketches and make it in some way cohesive. Was in stitches at the Farscape skit got the feeling it was coming. The puppet things just brilliant. Head and shoulders above the rest was Carter in the shower you could just see Jack doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Another brilliant bit...the Daniel puppet trying to write...priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Awful - This is how they chose to celebrate?!
    I was actually very very dissappointed with this as a 'special'. I'd watched the behind-the-scenes on the 200th episode piece and the immediately watched the 200th episode afterwards, and it was aweful.

It's like they decided to just try to send themselves up, but couldn't figure out a decent way to do it. Really tragic stuff to watch, I cringed many times even having to sit through the dreadful 'sequences' from each of the leads (Farscape was never that bad, Private Detective?... oh crap even trying to remember this stuff is painful at this point).

Seriously - not impressed at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement