Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x06 - 200 [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 19-08-2006 1:00pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A biggie and, I hope, a goodie. What did you make of the 200th episode - 200?

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x06 - 200? 53 votes

Amazing - Lived up to my expectations
    0%
    Good - Fond memories and nice way to celebrate the show
    49%
    HobbesShiminaydeRangedsuttyKarl HungusIvan_Kaiser_BKtjeStarkGerardKeatingKevokVulturejimmehmatrimixoyUser45701mobsenordingdongDingChavezJimboo_Jones 26 votes
    Somewhat mixed feelings - Hoped it'd be more memorable
    33%
    TazzlebkehoePugsleyMr EWintersjor elJohnKCatsmokinpotsteviecmadrabOmegaRedSherifuDemoniKsiodais_that_soangry_foxKojakOverheal 18 votes
    Disappointing - Really expected a lot more
    11%
    VenomGrand_IzerNietzscheanSuaimhneachLantisAnCapaillMor 6 votes
    Awful - This is how they chose to celebrate?!
    5%
    Stokolanc0y0teWashout 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Very odd episode overall. The story was mostly a piss take on the whole series it was pretty enjoyable to watch but the end really sucked ass. This episode did get a few laughs out of me but could of been much better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I liked it and it's obviously geared towards long-term fans. Lots of jokes that I liked:

* Adored the 'Farscape' spoof

* Loved the whole puppet piece. Sure it's reminescent of "Team America: World Police" but the way Jackson couldn't write properly, or having Carter babbling that awful line from the pilot - "just because my reproductive organs are on the inside" was great

* Furlings - hah!

* The way they took the proverbial out of Browder replacing RDA. Also the way they mocked MS' decision to leave and comeback in the interviews at the end.

* Loved how they had Siler complain about always getting thrown about the place (he was RDA's stunt double)

* The wedding

Lots of great little things. Sure it sagged a bit in places but overall it worked a treat for my ten years with the show so I was happy this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah it was the farscape scene & the puppets that did it for me & finally intorducing & destroying the furlings in a made up flashback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

I really enjoyed that, was great the way they took the piss out of themselves. Have not laughed so much in a long time, farscape bit was my favourite part. Was alot better than i expected,
    "Now we need a man, someone who will laugh in the face of his enemies even if it's inappropriate"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

First Stargate episode I've watched in a long time. It gets a big thumbs up for me.

Loved: The Firefly burn: "Why would someone make a movie based on a show that only lasted 3 episodes?" "Apparently it did well on DVD".

Farscape spoof. "Well you've got me, I have no idea what that is".

"I think you need a strong opening title sequence."
    "Are you serious? Noone does that anymore, you just throw up the title and get on with it" :)

The marionettes scene, so many jokes in that:

"What? What do you mean it doesn't spin? Spinning's what makes things cool. It's round isn't it? Make it spin".

The part where they walk through the stargate, their string become severed and they collapse on the other side.

"How could I have been so stupid".

The digs at RDA:

"How am I supposed to tell a story without my lead actor"
    "Easy, you just bring in a character to replace him".
    "You could have the other characters refer to him all the time, maybe get him on the phone once in a while".

Invisible Jack O'Neill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

lol, how could two people give this an Awful? They must not like the comedic parts in Stargate.

The Farscape/TeenGate bits alone give this ep. 10/10

And I didn't even watch most of Farscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Everything about this episode was pretty good, but not incredable, lot of giggles though, the puppet bits especially, was borderline on tears in the teen SG1, which I think was their objective, so painful to watch :)

Really loved the Farscape bit though, especially Michael Shanks being Crichton, perfect, just perfect, the invisable RDA bit got a few giggles too, the hand signals comment especially. The comment on "oh just make someone say 'that was nice timing' makes you know the writers meant it to be convenient" or something along them lines was well said too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sure she was a Gould, but I'd tap that. :D Classic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Funny Ep - I wanna see Jack back "General; General" LOL
    Takes the edge off. Some of trhe spoofs were brilliant:D
    Nice filler - are they ever goin to find the furlings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

great episode only 1 bit i didnt like the last 5 mins the interviews with the wormhole extreme actors didnt find that bit funny puppets where class tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

This got a few laughs alright. Loved the bit about invisible Jack and carter getting out of the shower :D

Sam: Sir, are you there?
    *silence*
    Jack: Nope
    Sam: *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

hello:D

I thought this was perfect for 200, lots of great, consistantly funny jokes at the shows expense. Was laughing the whole way through. Like most of you, farscape/teenage spoof was my favourite, and loved puppet carters explanation of the stargate from her single glance at the screen. Excellent!

Must admit, the opening sequence had me trying to remember the ep with the furlings:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was patchy, but I liked it overall.... When it was funny, it was very funny. Good to see RDA back.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

This was great, it was on the other end of the spectrum of goodness to a few episodes ago where they went to pegasus. thats right, im ranking the two together.

Very much enjoyable. Oh, but RDA sucked in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I can't remember the last time a TV show has made me laugh that much. Brilliant way to celebrate 200.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I really liked the episode and it got quite a lot of giggles out of me. HOWEVER, this non-episode coupled with the less than adverage Atlantis means my overall stargateness isnt the happiest...

I'd have liked if it they did that ep, and a regular episode. But then, I'm just greedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

An awful lot of fun. Seems that they can still put this kind of show together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

great asimov quote at the end, really liked this episode and there was lots of laughs too.. especially the Kirk pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Brilliant episode, especially the furlings, and of course "weapons to maximum!" Probably the best episode in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!

The whole 42 minutes of it was thoroughly enjoyable.

And bring Jack back!

10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

deman wrote:
    And bring Jack back!
    my thoughts exactly!

i loved the dirty looks mitchell got when he sugested replacing the main character with someone new.

Puppets were by far the best bit, so funny.

though the wedding bit was good for old times sake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Make it spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

A new achievement in rediculous genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to say I was laughing for most of this. Others I was giggling like a little school girl.

The Farscape bit had me in bits, with thor as Ryjal (spell)
    The teenage one made me chringe and I could see someone trying it.
    The startrek one had me in bits. With Sam's "blink" at the end of it.
    All the changes to the series "in" jokes had me in bits.
    The little nod to Firefly/Serenity I liked and was nicely subtil.
    The puppets where class.
    The whole thing I just purely enjoied and it was great to see after 10 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Haha, absolutely classic, I'm still laughing about it...

Excellent, excellent, excellent...

And the irony of "the movie has been cancelled... they decided to renew the series instead"

was like a knife through my heart :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thought this was an excellent episode, except for the last few minutes which I didn't think were necessary at all. It was a shame to have it end on such a low point when the whole episode was brilliant.

At first I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but when the "previously on Stargate" bit ran into a scene with the Furlings looking like Ewoks I knew it was going to be a skit. The Startrek and Farscape bits were the best, and the subtle nod to Firefly was nicely done.

Teal'c P.I. FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Great ep. Best bit:
    Puppet Daniel: Then I was right. The Pyramids really were landing sites for interplanetary starships that enslaved primitive populations by posing as their gods.
    Puppet Hammond: Well, we...we found a ring in the sand.
    Class. Had to pause it for a few moments til I stopped giggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

lol @ team america like puppets

LOL! @ teal'c private investogator "IN-DEED" *strokes hat*

genius episode. although, i still thaught RDA could've had a stronger role.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Went back and watched eps 100 Wormhole eXtreme, in it one of the producers says "you know what this show needs? a sexy female ailen" was ment as a joke at the time but what do you know. Would definatly reccomend rewatching eps 100 their is a few tie ins between it and 200.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Vulture wrote:
    Went back and watched eps 100 Wormhole eXtreme, in it one of the producers says "you know what this show needs? a sexy female ailen" was ment as a joke at the time but what do you know. Would definatly reccomend rewatching eps 100 their is a few tie ins between it and 200.
    Yeah, I've been re-watching my Stargate DVDs prior to the new season and halted, quite neatly, at Episode 100. It was fresh in my mind for "200" then so I seemed to enjoy the "Wormhole X-Treme!" jokes at the end more because of it than a lot of others did.

Advertisement