Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next training night?

Options
  • 18-08-2006 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to get 3 freindlies organsied so for the moment we have none.

I will try get Coldcut 11 a side astro pitch for an hour next week and if we get 20ish we be laughing for a decent session (ie game between ourselves) Give sean the chance to form some sort of 11 and some sort of game plan.

Whos in ?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I am.

Doesn't matter what night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    I am.

Doesn't matter what night.

Coldcut is far away for you, its beside Liffey Valley in D22. Im sure we can arrange maybe one of the townies to pick up the northsiders in town?

I carless for well pretty much forever and no intention of changing that.

kdjac

If there's a lift going, I'd deffo take it, but otherwise, 'tis the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I can walk to the coldcut.

I can play any night but Thursday. Next three Thursdays Ive football. But if we
    must have it on Thursday ill give my original plans a miss and play a session with
    you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I can play any nights except wednesday, playing in another astro league at the minute.

Anyone want a kick about on saturday in the phoenix park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'd be interested in coming along for one of these sessions to get a feel for the standard and what have ya - am busy as a mofo but could make sunday or would try show for an evening session somewhere. when does the season start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ansan

I can play any night but Thursday, or Friday, oh, and the weekend.
    So just Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I'll play any night especially if their is a lift going around Artane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

would it be possible to have a few a week, e.g. tuesday & thursday and the odd saturday? the more time we spend together before the season starts the better, also some people might not be able to make it on some particular night be could make it on a different night, also more training is good for us gentleman of ehhhh a larger standing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ansan

would it be possible to have a few a week, e.g. tuesday & thursday and the odd saturday? the more time we spend together before the season starts the better, also some people might not be able to make it on some particular night be could make it on a different night, also more training is good for us gentleman of ehhhh a larger standing

that sounds like a good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I could definitely play Tuesday and Thursday next week, that sounds great, Saturday I cant make as I am moving some furniture for a relative all day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

You're better off setting aside a regular night every week or fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i'll come along to next week's training. where is it going to be? i'm northside.

sinecurea wrote:
    You're better off setting aside a regular night every week or fortnight.

One night a forthnight is not going to be enough in fitness terms at all, also, playing together is very necessary to have any kind of decent team.

I would say once a week is the minimum, preferably twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think Mondays are the best as it doesnt clash with anything (EL, CL, PL etc). We could train mondays and thursdays till the season starts then train monday, play thurs.

As for lifts, I could pick up a few northsiders in town if needed.

I guess we shall just have to wait for the Gaffer to get online and let us know when training is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i like the idea of once durin the week and once maybe on the saturday as well. most people im sure could make at least one session that way. it is important to get to know everyone. as for fitness, if ur that worried go for a run every night.

Xavi6 wrote:
    if ur that worried go for a run every night.

HAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHHAHHAAHah

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote:
    HAHAHHAHAHAH

HAHAHHAHHAAHah

kdjac

ha ha i expected that sort of response. seriously though i think 2 sessions a week could be organised and everyone get to at least one. oh and maybe just a session where we sit down and go through each others names. i remember none from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Told my friend about this and he wants to sign up too, €100 etc is fine for him, he'll be at the next friendly/traning. He's a good player and can play anywhere really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

What is the proper foot wear for astro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah, I think we need to have as many friendlies and training sessions as possible, because their will always be some people that can't do monday but can do tuesday and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I should be fine for any evening next week really, although would like to head to the Drogs game on Thursday night.

Mid Week = games saturday = kickabout.

That seems to be the consensus.

Have 3 games lined up just waiting on others to confirm dates and times hopefully one each midweek leading up to season start.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Mid Week = games saturday = kickabout.

That seems to be the consensus.

Have 3 games lined up just waiting on others to confirm dates and times hopefully one each midweek leading up to season start.

kdjac
    Class. Sounds poi-fect.

I'd like to meet up on Tuesday of this week if we have a game on Thursday. Maybe something like waht we did last night, but I'll step out and have a proper look, especially if new people come.

Or, what about Sunday, we could do it late afternoon / early evening.

That suit?

Northsiders, if you can get to Conolly Station, get the Number 90 or the Luas to Hueston, it's about a ten minute walk into the Wellington thingy from there.

seansouth wrote:
    Or, what about Sunday, we could do it late afternoon / early evening.

I can't do this Sunday. Next Sunday would be ok though.

seansouth wrote:

Northsiders, if you can get to Conolly Station, get the Number 90 or the Luas to Hueston, it's about a ten minute walk into the Wellington thingy from there.

Thats a lot of effort that i proably wouldnt do myself so wouldnt ask others too, its gonna get dark early real soon we have to Block Book an astro pitch or 2.

need a decent balance maybe book somewhere on northside for training.

Lol could say Collinstown in D22 as its quite literally over my back wall :d buts that unfair.

Cmon Sean thinking cap on :)

kdjac

I know of two Northside Astros, the one near me in Coolock, or one way out in Portmarnock.

Phoenix Park wouldn't be bad for meeting in early-ish on a Saturday or Sunday.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    Phoenix Park wouldn't be bad for meeting in early-ish on a Saturday or Sunday.

Weekends are a no no for me kids and this Pro Evo thing but that would be the best time for proably most.

I can see training becoming some sort of a problem.

Sean you got MSN or IRC abilities?

kdjac

Advertisement