Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Next training night?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I would prefer Monday, Wedensday, Friday and Weekends. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I can't get a lift but if anybody can tell me exactly how to get there I could come down the other 2 days. I get lost very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

You say you're coming from Artane?

Come with me, I'm in Coolock, so we'd be getting the same bus to town.

seansouth wrote:
    You say you're coming from Artane?

Come with me, I'm in Coolock, so we'd be getting the same bus to town.
    Yeah that sounds grand I was going to ask you that as I live just down the road from Coolock astro park.
    Cheers.

No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It looks like we're at the stage where some people are gonna be left unhappy with the day, time, venue etc. It's up to the management boys to make a decision and the rest of us will just fill in around it.

I think it makes more sense to get it sorted as early as possible so everyone can make travel arrangemants and that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

We play matches midweek, the league will give us a day tue wed or thur, El fans dont do friday.

We train saturdays.

To me thats the best way of doing it. As it covers everyone, the league is a midweek one so thats part of the signing up thing.

kdjac

Saturdays or Sundays are the only option tbh.

It means people don't have to commit to two nights a week. It's hard enough getting one night free.

I think you should book the astro pitch for one night and just say right its on this day if you can make it reply on this thread only. You are always going to have people that can't make it so just pick a day and stick by it. (unless their's not enough people:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

if its sat or sun it be day time so no need for astro altho it would help as we play on it and not the pheno with its mad hills.

kdjac

:D
    I thought you were going to kick lumps out of the hill.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    if its sat or sun it be day time so no need for astro altho it would help as we play on it and not the pheno with its mad hills.
    kdjac
    St.Annes is nice there is always a free pitch and no hills. Also Fairview park could be good there are a few pitches there. Just throwing names into the hat Although St.annes has very good pitches IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Personally, these times are looking good for me. Training shouldn't be a problem as long as it's reasonably easy to get to, Phoenix Park & St. Annes both suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If its going to be weekends then sunday afternoon would be best for me. I work some saturdays, but only till about 12, and play football from 5:30 -6:30 .I play at 7:30 on sundays but aslong as we finish by around 6 i should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

There are astro pitches in DCU's sports ground on the Ballymun road on the Northside, which arent far from me, nice and handy to get to.

Of course, name the times and the places and I will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

this week i can't make Tues, or Fri. Possible on Thurs as I'm only working til 1930. Weekend will be fine. Coming from Kilmainham so close to the city and buses out to anywhere really.

On a side note anyone else around my area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Although I do go to college in DCU, it would be a 1.5hour trip home and then
    another 1.5hr trip back into DCU. Not getting my vote ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lads I'm coming from Tallaght (think there is a few coming from here), the Phoenix although its not on my doorstep is about as far as I can make it. No disrespect to the lads from the north side, but talk of having training in Anne's is a bit much.

We could do with a few games on the full size Astro pitches, theres a nice one down in the Iveagh grounds, plus another down in Marlay Park.

We need to have a proper training session, and as Xavi already said we need to get know each others names. Gaffer get practicing on championship manager!!:)

Roddy23 wrote:
    Lads I'm coming from Tallaght (think there is a few coming from here), the Phoenix although its not on my doorstep is about as far as I can make it. No disrespect to the lads from the north side, but talk of having training in Anne's is a bit much.
    TBH phonix park is a pain in the ass to get out to for northsiders it involves getting 2-3 buses and walking for about 10-15 and then when you get there having to run down hills chasing the ball. I don't mind its just a real pain but willing to do it for the good of the team and so should you:) .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'll be coming from Bray myself with a friend. I think somewhere etween North and South would be the best. The matches will be in Rathfahrnam anyway so that's a lot more south, will this be a problem for the people who will have difficulty going to the Phoenix etc for training?

cormie wrote:
    will this be a problem for the people who will have difficulty going to the Phoenix etc for training?
    No it should be alright for me anyway (if the gaffer knows the way) we live close to each other so we are going to make our way down together, he says he knows the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

what about training 2 nights a week, one night the southsiders training on the southside (like marlay park) and likewise for the northsiders (like st annes), on the other night everyone trainings together in the phoenix park?

Advertisement