Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this the end of the Oil Industry??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

A kenetic energy battery? That would be a bit of a let down really considering the way Streon are talking about this thing. But still I'd prefer that then a methane or a parafin fuel cell that companies like Toshiba think are a good idea. You'd never be allowed to take a battery operated device onto a plane again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I'd be curious as to how a kinetic energy battery could be applied to a car. If it did go flat, you would have one hell of a time getting it going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

davidoc wrote:
    They have a patent application for a "low energy magnetic actuator":

http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=WO2006035419&F=0

Interesting but nothing in that document I can see would break the laws of Thermodynamics. In fact they stress this.

I took an investigation based on information known. Have quite a bit already but I'll let this thread play out for a bit before posting (won't be any personal details although did find them).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Blowfish wrote:
    I'd be curious as to how a kinetic energy battery could be applied to a car. If it did go flat, you would have one hell of a time getting it going again.

With any luck, it would go flat at the top of a hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Blowfish wrote:
    Surely it's obvious, the battery powers the car and the movement of the car charges the battery - it's brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm a scientific optimist - It'd be great if this was actually true, but there's enough evidence to suggest that the company is massively overstating what it's invented, or it's purposely lying.

At a macroscopic level, and in the normal universe, the first law of thermodynamics is pretty much immutable. I have no doubt that at some point (and perhaps soon), devices will be invented that allow us to take maximum advantage of certain latent or idle energy sources for our own use (wind energy, wave energy, magnetic fields, cosmic radiation, etc), and so appearing to create "free energy". But this company seems to claim that it doesn't do this. In fact it seems to be claiming to break the first law of thermodynamics, and actively admitting that "We can't show you any proof", "We can't tell you how it works or what it does, even at a simple level", and "We don't want the scientific community at large to look at it". Surely if some scientists had comfirmed it, they'd be clambering to get their names up there with such a revolutionary invention? Scientific heresy isn't what it used to be. If something works, it doesn't get sat on like in times gone by.

Where's the skeptical smiley when you need it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Enough. This has nothing of substance to do with Politics.

Poker & Pints banned for two weeks for personal abuse. shayflanco, it's extremely bad form to sign up just to pimp something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement