Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The School of Philosophy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

daisyplant wrote: »
    Very good suggestion cflower, I know a few people in the VEC's so I will suggest it to them. It would probably take them several years to get around to it mind you. I'm glad I did a bit of research before signing up, I am pretty sceptical by nature so it is highly unlikely I will be brain washed by them. Watch this space though if I start preaching in a few months time you will know what happened:D

Hmmm. thre VEC has offered night classes in Philosophy - if the uptake is there they continue. As for day time - that's a whole other ballgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

CFlower wrote: »
    I think Daisy raises a point. These Hindu people attract a lot of people who are looking for proper philosophy classes that teach a history of philosophy and an outline of current trends in philosophy.

Perhaps the VECs should put them on as evening classes. The difficulty perhaps is finding teachers who are not pushing their own religious or other agenda.

UCD and Trinity both do night courses that cost around the 150 mark for one to two terms. See here and here. If I'm back in Dublin next year (and if I have a job! :D) I think I'd try out some of the phil courses in UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Daisy, Do a posting at the end of the term. I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Alright we've gone way off topic here and I believe enough has been said in this thread for people to decide whether it's for them or not.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement