Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nerd Camp (movie)

Options
  • 13-08-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Paramount Pictures has signed up Adam Sztykiel to write the screenplay for a project they are developing called Nerd Camp. The movie is a story about a group of children who spend the summer taking college-level courses at a "nerd camp" and redefine what it means to be cool."

Oh god. They used the "C" word. When we look up Cool in urbandictionary.com, we get (amungst others)the following.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]10. cool

[URL="javascript:void(0)"]
    [/URL]
    a simplified way of telling someone to shut the **** up because you don't give a ****.
    "lolz hey! it's me! i'm not morbidly obese anymore!"

"cool"

Simple word to distinguish insiders from outsiders.
    Don't worry, he's cool. (insider)
    Hey, thats not cool, man! (oustsider)
    Cool shoes girl! (insider)
    Girl nuh-uh?! No you didn't just give me the hand! (just became an outsider)

The term has recently become the opposite of what it used to be. It is now often used sarcastically or to refer to that which is not 'cool'.
    1. So, you skipped school today? Well, aren't you cool.

2. Look at the guy playing the trumpet; he's one of the cool kids now. I wish I was that cool.

A guys excuse for not wanting to date a girl. Clearly, guys do not want to date a girl who is "cool".
    "I think you're cool but..."

1. something that has been put in a fridge and is therefore not hot or cold but "cool".
    2. someone or something that is very with it and thinks they can set trends.
    "mmmm, i could really do with some cool orange juice right now."
    emily "im cool"
    laura "my arse"

so. intresting.

emm... yea. forget all that.
    what do you lot think of the idear of the movie?

EDIT: soz bout the f-bombs. forgot to edit them out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

This intrigues me, but not nearly as much as the thought of who will be playing who. If this Nerd Camp thing is anything based in any way CTYI then I demand a character based on me played by Martin Freeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Lucille Ball!

I mean...

To be pessimistic, it sounds awful, it'll probably contain a lot of awful, awful stereotypes and "oh look, nerds can be COOL", bunch of social retards, things which are wildly not like CTYI and with good reason being that the film is not about CTYI.

Luckily, by the time the film has been released (and, well, now) I'm not going to have to be explaining that I'm going to Nerd Camp this summer, so I won't have to deal with whatever stupidity the film brings about.

That said, it'd be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

that little kid from home alone has to play me.
    i will watch it, but will probs shout directions at the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

I think my character should be played by Samuel L. Jackson, or Morgan Freeman. Or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I want to point and laugh at all the nerds :D. And I want to be played by Lee Williams. Even if I am a girl ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

From what I've heard, it's set in CTY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

From what I've heard, it's set in CTY.
    Was wondering when someone would point that out...

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Raphael wrote:
    Was wondering when someone would point that out...

Sssh! This is about as close as I'm ever going to get to FAME...which is pretty sad, if you think about it.../thinking. :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

What if it was CTYI? Who'd play Colm? And Dr. Sheila? And what RAs would be there? Irwin! Dermo! Rory! And the cat he kicked into a fjord! It'll be a bloackbuster

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

It'll be a bloackbuster

yeah, yore ma's a blokebuster - oh wait, wrong misspelling of blockbuster...

• Advertisement

yeah, yore ma's a blokebuster - oh wait, wrong misspelling of blockbuster...

Or was it a mis-spelling of blokebuster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jen-pixie

Is it actually about CTY? I mean, we all know they're not going to make one about CTYI, but it'd be damned interesting to watch one about CTY, if they're as similar as I've heard. So, are we just being overtly optimistic, or is it really based on CTY?

It's about CTY Session 1 '05 at Lancaster according to Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I should be played by Sean Connery!

'Yeash, Moneypenny.' Gives me goosebumps every time

Just like when Connery does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I wonder if this will be the first time that the media doesn't portray us (all the CTY's all over the world) in a way that we strongly disaprove of. It'll just be another clichéd movie, a bunch of people who want to be cool going somewhere where they realise that it's 'cooler' to be themselves. I don't imagine it being anything ground-breaking or of any importance, despite how nice it'd be if it was.

Unless they have the dressing-gowns and random lickings. Then it'll all be so much more

I wonder if this will be the first time that the media doesn't portray us (all the CTY's all over the world) in a way that we strongly disaprove of.

Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Namen

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Unless they have the dressing-gowns and random lickings. Then it'll all be so much more
    Doubtful, but it would be awesome.

They need corridorgies too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jen-pixie

Oh, wouldn't it be great if they did it properly? And then released it next summer so we could all go see it during CTYI? That would be fantabulous! Unlikely, of course, but we can dream.

• Advertisement

jen-pixie wrote:
    Oh, wouldn't it be great if they did it properly? And then released it next summer so we could all go see it during CTYI? That would be fantabulous! Unlikely, of course, but we can dream.

Would be nice. I find that there's a lot of Cty/Ctyi hatred, I think it's due to the pre-supposed idea that we're elitest and then all that bull-**** that it's 'school in the summer.' Grrrr!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It is elitist. : p A camp wherein, to get in, you have to pass a test?
    Whether or not the people who go to the camp are elitist is debatable, but the concept itself sounds a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Namen

Does anyone know anything else about it? Is it already in production, and what the company is?

Apparently it's due out in 2008. That's all IMDB would tell me unless I give them money.

Great stuff so! I'll be finished Ctyi the year before so I won't have to cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

I recon that if it is out during CTYI, we need to book 2 screenings, send half the willing people to one, the other half to another, and much to the confusion of the other cineama goers, correct the filemakers on a few subjects. such as traditions. Then walk out just before the ending where everyone lives happily ever after, muttering "well, at least they didnt tell our plans of world donination."

slasher_65 wrote:
    I recon that if it is out during CTYI, we need to book 2 screenings, send half the willing people to one, the other half to another, and much to the confusion of the other cineama goers, correct the filemakers on a few subjects. such as traditions. Then walk out just before the ending where everyone lives happily ever after, muttering "well, at least they didnt tell our plans of world donination."

*nods approvingly*

Synopsis:
    A slacker applies for a job as a summer camp counselor so he can relive his youthful glory days of panty raids and food fights. But the camp has become a haven for young brainiacs who've come for intellectual growth.

It's going to feature Sean William Scott. I think it's going to be a 'School of Rock' type thing, Im sorry to say

Sean William Scott as Jeff? Pfft, Hardly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ok, having done some research, there seems to be a bit of confusion going on here. There are TWO films in production named Nerd Camp.

One is a nickelodean made film based on an article in the new yorker magazine about CTY. this is due to released in 2006

The other is a Universeal studios film starring Sean William Scott, synopsised 2 posts above. Due for release in 2008.

So what have we learned? That this film won't be a steaming pile of crap with Sean WIlliam Scott, and that Aonghus has too much free time.

Advertisement