Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** VN Monthly est €8,000 August **

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollieboy won it. I think there was a bit of a deal done though.

wp ollieboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

At last……..lol

After having so many bad beats at the Vegas Nights games, I had more or less given up on ever trying to win this tourney, but yesterday, at last I managed to do a 3 way split for €1300 for first place.

As usual a great structure tourney and a very well run event by Nick who is always trying to improve this event and is open to all suggestions.

Anyway, had a great day with the lads and will be back next month to defend my new title.lol. Now roll on Citywest on Friday.

Eddie missed a flush draw and than became the bubble boy. Only knew one other player at the final table and most of them were locals, a very mixed standard of poker. At the final table I was all-in early for a 180k pot with QQ v's AQ to take a massive chip lead when my QQ held up and I had about 2/5 of the chips in play with 7 players left. I offer a deal of me taken 1st place and they could split the rest, but no takers, cant understand why!

To be fair, having a big stack at that stage should have been game over, but it seem to give the locals more reason to come after me and I got away with nothing, so much for bigstack poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

wp ollie, i popped out for a look yesterday around 6 for a few hours and you looked fairly comfortable for that period. Looked like a great tourney, i'll be playing the next one for sure.

ul Gholi, that last table you were at had some strange plays from what I seen! A8 hand call :eek: inparticular was the best I seen for my time there

Shay

Ollieboy wrote:
    As usual a great structure tourney and a very well run event by Nick who is always trying to improve this event and is open to all suggestions.

I agree, Thanks Nick for putting on a good show again despite being badly hungover. And that function room is a good area to have the game. The venue itself is handier to get to than it sounds just off the M50.

A few suggestions
    As one of the announcements at the start i'd like dealers to be discouraged on offering their neighbour cut the deck The neighbour is often asleep or chatting to someone else. So i'd like the dealer to be asked to chop the deck a few times him/herself. It's just awkward, needless and time consuming having the dealer offer someone to cut the deck.

Also there seemed to be confusion throughout about when a players hand is dead with him not at the table. I know Nick announced it but there were occasions cards werent mucked on absent players and players were stalling on acting so their mate could come back in time to play his hand.

Also i noticed poker.ie sponser the chips. Get them to put values on the chips!, i was making mistakes betting/posting blinds throughout!. How am i meant to remember the values of 5 colours!. I hate that theres no values written on the chips though.

Get the white house to do breaded chicken, the nuggetty kind instead of the greasy chicken wings!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I agree, Thanks Nick for putting on a good show again despite being badly hungover. And that function room is a good area to have the game. The venue itself is handier to get to than it sounds just off the M50.

A few suggestions
    As one of the announcements at the start i'd like dealers to be discouraged on offering their neighbour cut the deck The neighbour is often asleep or chatting to someone else. So i'd like the dealer to be asked to chop the deck a few times him/herself. It's just awkward, needless and time consuming having the dealer offer someone to cut the deck.

Also there seemed to be confusion throughout about when a players hand is dead with him not at the table. I know Nick announced it but there were occasions cards werent mucked on absent players and players were stalling on acting so their mate could come back in time to play his hand.

Also i noticed poker.ie sponser the chips. Get them to put values on the chips!, i was making mistakes betting/posting blinds throughout!. How am i meant to remember the values of 5 colours!. I hate that theres no values written on the chips though.

Get the white house to do breaded chicken, the nuggetty kind instead of the greasy chicken wings!.

LMAO!!

I have to disagree on the card cutting in a self deal game. I'm always happy to see the cards being cut. Especially when certain peeps are dealing. It doesn't take that long!

As for the other high level comments I vote for greasy chicken wings!!! :p

• Advertisement

Im all for cutting but self cutting especially seeing as the dealer is alternating.

And i reckon i could get the nuggetts/breadded chicken voted through over chicken wings at the senate!.
    Chicken wings= sticky fingers and having to naw around the fatty skin and inedible particles to find a decent morsel of chicken!.
    Chicken wings are very over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ollieboy won it. I think there was a bit of a deal done though.

wp ollieboy!

wp ollie!

is that line in your sig to remind you of something rounders?

ntlbell wrote:
    wp ollie!

is that line in your sig to remind you of something rounders?

Yeah its to comfort myself when i get to a FT and get KO'd early!.

I wrote it before i knew ollieboy split it. Its good that i put 'usually' in!.

Black, Cunningham etc etc, everyone tips the fav's on FT's but they 'usually' dont win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Nuggets!

oh and well played Ollie!

nice new sig there rounders, picture of me there, is it, after yet another wonderful beat?

more nuggets!

picture of me there, is it, after yet another wonderful beat?

Des what do you mean, you looked like that yesterday without the beats!:D
    Good time on the batter the nite before i reckon!?, not the usual 'Remington Steele' look there yesterday!!

I can talk!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

....where does he get those wonderful toys.....

u old charmer u! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Des what do you mean, you looked like that yesterday without the beats!:D
    Good time on the batter the nite before i reckon!?, not the usual 'Remington Steele' look there yesterday!!

I can talk!:rolleyes:

rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Well done Ollie!! I couldn't attend yesterday, herself had it booked :( but I'll be there next time :)

Advertisement