Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dancor wrote: »

All the more reason why I think he is lying, It seems like a sensationalist thing to say.

It did indeed hapen, police were in the week after questioning everyone in club, bout 6 poilce in full uniform wandering through the crowds,kinda stopped going after that, sensationalist, well it was pretty sensational that that happened, i would have thought that that sort of thing doesn't happen to the clus i would frequent.... i guesss(as you kindly pointed out) i was ignorant.Learnt my lesson, i wear cyc;ing helmets out now, some say i look stupid, but at least i wont be quadrospazzed after a apprentice plumber who is out of it after oding on bulmers an pills decides to show off the Jade(prenounced JAY-YED),hirdresser, by taking out his work belt, flicking a stanley out and stabbing me cos i was caught staring(though shock, nothing more) at his girlfriend knocking back blue wickd's while easily 8months up the duff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I loved it when I was 18, but as many have said, the crowd got worse and the drink got more expensive. At one stage it was actually €3 all night, and then they changed it to increase in stages as others have mentioned (though I'm 21 so at least someone should remember when it was €3 all night). I went back a couple of weeks ago and a pint of Bulmers cost twice that. Even though Bulmers is expensive in town, you are rarely charged €6.

The bouncers are worse than many, although 21's seem as bad. The clientele are terrible.

It has seriously deteriorated, and it's popularity has dropped because of it. Back in the day you had to go down around 8 to try and avoid a huge queue.

I wish it was a great club because I live a few minutes away.

I can testify to this post, as I generally in The_Hustlers company for a lot of these nights!

The_Hustler also had the distinction of being the only person I knew who the bouncers of Barcode remembered week-on-week!!

The queues used to be ridiculous. We actually did head down on a thursday night at 8pm to beat the queues. After 9 they started delaying people, building the queue to stupid lengths. The drinks used to be 9 euro for a fat frog. I paid 20 quid forone last week. I'll be avoiding that place forever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Septico

Im not going to quote anybody because i dont need to.
    This place ....<SNIP>......Preferably on a Friday/Saturday when all you fools are in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

Lol...

Its being torn down anyways...

No more barcode!!

Even the bram stoker museum is being ripped out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭happypartygirl

was there last night, though not of my own choosing (lol), it was a friends birthday and she wanted to go.

very busy last night, so-so night, I am 22 and felt like one of the oldest people there... definitely not in any hurry to go back any time soon (or ever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Doyles. If you like music like The Strokes etc and arent a stuck up snob or a scummer. 'Antics' in Crawdaddy if you go out during the week. 'Wax' off Grafton St. CitiBar. AKA.

Saying that I've never met you and you could easily get refused from a load of these because of how you or your mates look/wear.

Went here last Wednesday. Had a great time.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I was there last night...

They didn't look at my ID shock horror...

Was an alright night but spent sooo much money for nothing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

VickBack wrote: »
    Lol...

Its being torn down anyways...

No more barcode!!

Even the bram stoker museum is being ripped out!!

Where did ya hear that? Those rumours are flying around about 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Where did ya hear that? Those rumours are flying around about 4 years.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0924/1222205369696.html?via=mr

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

guys .
    lets get one thing straight

barcode is NOT , i repeat NOT being torn down
    knocked down
    or ripped down

its staying as it is ,

trust me on this one

andy (sunday night dj, barcode)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah shite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Awww, i hate illegal development :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

andy (sunday night dj, barcode)

Can you have a word with the Sat night DJ. Was there last night and the music was shiet! Few good choons but far too many stinkers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Awww, i hate illegal development :(

apparantly so do the media - so much so , they wont report any of the above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I was refused entry into Barcode a few years ago because..........

I was smoking in the que.

Never been back.

Advertisement