Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tournies tonight??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

ollyk1 wrote:
    Thanks lads for all the good wishes.

I had a target to win €2k net from poker over 6 weeks playing two tournies a week and I've more then achieved my goal in four weeks (+€2.5k net) so I'm very pleased with myself right now.

Having a set goal and finding a game which suits my style (as HB has pointed out) have been two of the three key components imho (the other one being a slice of old fashioned good fortune) to completing my target.

The next target is to take down the EPT ticket!! LOL

you play a great game olly....i for one have benifited alot from just playing on the same table as you over the last couple of weeks on how to approach these kind of tournaments....its definetly making me a better player.
    now i think i need to start working figuring out what my own physical giveaway tells are as well as trying to be a bit more assertive at the table with speech play.

I hope to stand in your way for that ticket though. nice of them to give one for second place also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

Washout wrote:
    you play a great game olly....i for one have benifited alot from just playing on the same table as you over the last couple of weeks on how to approach these kind of tournaments....its definetly making me a better player.
    now i think i need to start working figuring out what my own physical giveaway tells are as well as trying to be a bit more assertive at the table with speech play.

Washout, let's not get carried away...Olly's head is big enough as it is :rolleyes: :p

Washout wrote:
    nice of them to give one for second place also

You know the price of the ticket comes out of the winnings (150)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭DocO

I'll be home in a week r so, and as soon as football is allowing ill be up to give this a shot, seems like a good bita fun, and with olly winning it justproves anything can happen!!! ;)

Ian . . . there's a new waitress??? hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DocO wrote:
    there's a new waitress??? hmmm

No its just Charlie short for Charles not Charlene.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

ollyk1 wrote:
    I had a target to win €2k net from poker over 6 weeks playing two tournies a week and I've more then achieved my goal in four weeks (+€2.5k net) so I'm very pleased with myself right now.

Having a set goal and finding a game which suits my style (as HB has pointed out) have been two of the three key components imho (the other one being a slice of old fashioned good fortune) to completing my target.

Well done Olly. Amazing consistency in this tourny. Interesting idea setting targets like that.

Will you be providing stiff competition in tonights double chance???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

I think I'll head in to SE tonight. Anyone else taking on the double chance? It had about 90 runners last week, the majority of which is dead money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

No its just Charlie short for Charles not Charlene.

Absolute genius. I've been laughing for the last 5 minutes at that.

I was gonna give this a miss tonight, but I'm gonna play now to try and redeem last nights brutality. I've been running sick in Omaha and O8 online and just can't find the patience for Hold em tournaments or cash games for that matter. It seems boring playing one or 2 hands per orbit and playing every hand doesn't suit my style. Maybe I'll bring my MP4 player tonight and watch a film while I play to curb the boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

spectre wrote:
    I think I'll head in to SE tonight. Anyone else taking on the double chance? It had about 90 runners last week, the majority of which is dead money.

90 runners in the middle of the summer? great turnout

what's capacity in there; about 120 or so

ianmc38 wrote:
    Absolute genius. I've been laughing for the last 5 minutes at that.

His name is 'geoffrey' from now on!. Nobody is safe:D

Im going to the Drogheda $70+10 Freezeout tonite. Anbody know what sort of numbers its getting lately and if 'Heineken Man' still plays?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

rounders...what seat were you in on table 3 last nite?

I was to ionapauls right in seat 3 i think it was.

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    I've been running sick in Omaha and O8 online and just can't find the patience for Hold em tournaments or cash games for that matter. It seems boring playing one or 2 hands per orbit and playing every hand doesn't suit my style. Maybe I'll bring my MP4 player tonight and watch a film while I play to curb the boredom.

this should stave off some of the boredom...

http://pokerchiptricks.com/

download the videos onto your mp4 thingy and then astound us all with your newfound prowess...

btw, how do I do what rounders does and turn the above URL just into text but a link to this page? like he did for his geoffrey link
    very cool but then I am technologically challenged (and also easily impressed :) )

Washout wrote:
    rounders...what seat were you in on table 3 last nite?

I was to ionapauls right in seat 3 i think it was.

I was to your right(Pauls AA done my QQ) when you moved with ionapaul but i was only there a couple of hands. You werent pointed out to me probably because the lads presumed i knew you and vice versa. I will say hello next time!. WP

this should stave off some of the boredom...

http://pokerchiptricks.com/

download the videos onto your mp4 thingy and then astound us all with your newfound prowess...

btw, how do I do what rounders does and turn the above URL just into text but a link to this page? like he did for his geoffrey link
    very cool but then I am technologically challenged (and also easily impressed :) )

Put in a word/phrase, for example chip tricks.

Highlight it, then click "Insert link" and put in the URL.

And hey presto you have:

Chip tricks

ianmc38 wrote:
    Put in a word/phrase, for example chip tricks.

Highlight it, then click "Insert link" and put in the URL.

And hey presto you have:

Chip tricks

well I said I was easily impressed (wow!! a paperclip!) but that may well be the coolest thing I've ever seen, ty Ian

and 100% OT, I think it's a crying shame the Chief is now openly addressed as such - what's the point of an in-joke if it's out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

well I said I was easily impressed (wow!! a paperclip!) but that may well be the coolest thing I've ever seen, ty Ian

and 100% OT, I think it's a crying shame the Chief is now openly addressed as such - what's the point of an in-joke if it's out?

But when he asks why he is called The Chief you have to tell him. Can't believe he hasn't been called the chief for years, he is the spit of Roy Scheider. It was going on a good while so bound to happen.

smurph wrote:
    But when he asks why he is called The Chief you have to tell him. Can't believe he hasn't been called the chief for years, he is the spit of Roy Scheider. It was going on a good while so bound to happen.

surely you could have told him he was called the Chief because of the way he bosses the table?

semi-bluff!!

surely you could have told him he was called the Chief because of the way he bosses the table?

semi-bluff!!
    LMAO, thats why im brutal at lying and I always, always have a good hand (cough cough). If you saw the colour I went when he asked it was unreal. I was like a child caught with the hand in the cooky jar. I cannot stress enough how embarressing it was. I thought he was joking when he asked why he is called "Chief"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I also am a little sad that everyone is calling him Chief - he actually seems very subdued recently, no salmon jumper and no longer hitting every final table in the SE.

It must have been fairly embarrassing alright Smurph! I hate telling people I'm 'ionapaul' on boards when they ask, I hate actually speaking that name out loud!

smurph wrote:
    LMAO, thats why im brutal at lying and I always, always have a good hand (cough cough). If you saw the colour I went when he asked it was unreal. I was like a child caught with the hand in the cooky jar. I cannot stress enough how embarressing it was. I thought he was joking when he asked why he is called "Chief"

oh dear, you will have to play poker with a bag over your head from now on with facial tells like that!!

maybe he would make a good Chief though if his interrogation skills are that good....getting the perp to 'fess up instantly is pretty impressive

How did he even find out he was called CHief in the first place. I enver mentioned it before, but I had a laugh with him last night about it. He didn't look too impressed.

• Advertisement

ianmc38 wrote:
    How did he even find out he was called CHief in the first place. I enver mentioned it before, but I had a laugh with him last night about it. He didn't look too impressed.

He said that some "Young Fella" said it to him in the SE. Called him chief Brody, and said he recognised him from his jumper.

Anyway "enough already" as they say in the Sopranoes, im glad he knows, and the next time I meet him im gonna call him "Anto".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Only figured out who he was last night. Didn't stop me from calling an all in from him when i had A8 on an 8 high rainbow board. He had 86. I knew what the turn was gonna be before it came. Didn't knock me out, but kept me pretty quiet for the next few orbits.

Advertisement