Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tournies tonight??

Options
  • 09-08-2006 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me if the are any tournies on 2nite(wednesday)?? i know of the se double chance but any thing else. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

the fitz has a 20+5 rebuy on tonight (2 rebuys and a top up or 3 rebuys)

85 max spend

-Nic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

the SE is running a 40+10+5 scalps with one rebuy for 40

total outlay 95.

gr8 tournie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

nic wat time is the fitz on at 2 nite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I shall be hitting the scalps myself tonight, fully expecting to come nowhere, take 0 scalps and be at a cash table by 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

ianmc38 wrote:
    I shall be hitting the scalps myself tonight, fully expecting to come nowhere, take 0 scalps and be at a cash table by 10pm.

I'll be there to welcome you home Ian!! :D As an inducement to others to try and take you out before I do I will be placing an additional €20 bounty on your head for any boardster knocking you out! I would place one on Halfbaked to but he's total dead money in this game and I don't want to be just handing out €20's wlly nilly!!

Just knock Ian out and come up to me and tell me your boards name and a crispy €20 is yours. Simple. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ianmc38 wrote:

I'm sure Olly will be in to cheer you up, you might even get lucky and be in the BB on his button again!

i was the BB to his button last week and you have nothing to worry about :eek:

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'll be there to welcome you home Ian!! :D As an inducement to others to try and take you out before I do I will be placing an additional €20 bounty on your head for any boardster knocking you out! I would place one on Halfbaked to but he's total dead money in this game and I don't want to be just handing out €20's wlly nilly!!

Just knock Ian out and come up to me and tell me your boards name and a crispy €20 is yours. Simple. :)

To get a €20 out of you Olly I would be prepared to commit Seppuku.

ollyk1 wrote:
    I'll be there to welcome you home Ian!! :D As an inducement to others to try and take you out before I do I will be placing an additional €20 bounty on your head for any boardster knocking you out!

So if I play as normal, I'll be collecting the €20 myself?

• Advertisement

Washout wrote:
    i was the BB to his button last week and you have nothing to worry about :eek:

What can I say John I was VERY distracted :p;)

ollyk1 wrote:
    What can I say John I was VERY distracted :p;)

Watching the wrestling on the tvs again?

nahhh he did have a legitimate excuse last week.

The new waiter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I played so tight tonight, but tonite was the night i paid my outdraw taxes back to ionapaul in full!. My table had an overdose of raising fever from start to finsh. halfbaked tried to adapt to it but i couldnt find a half decent hand for the most part. ionapaul joined after the break and raised x3 utg and im in the bb and see my first real good hand in QQ and i made sure i got to see 5 cards. x3 suggested he was entertaining a caller but no way was i showing caution with a hand like that at that stage. ionapaul had the bullets and i was soon brushing past the cleveage displaying hotties on Annes lane. Good fun in there tonite.

By the way olly, when i answered from the rail at the end "He showed he's a bluffer" i was refering to the asian guy who bet flop as the bluffer!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Out in 5th for €200 (including 3 scalps). Was knocked out by Washout, his AQs vs my JJ, he hit a Queen on the turn. Big 70k pot meant I would be in 2nd position after him if they held up. Washout was massive chip leader when I left, but the infamous Olly was still hanging in there and looking dangerous! Nice to cash, even just to double my money.

Last night was one of those nights where I seemed to win all the crucial races and when I got a bit coldecked or outplayed myself with some tricksy play it stung but didn't prove fatal.

In the end myself and Washout went at it hammer and tongs headsup but once again I won the key race KJ v TT (having got out of jail with a push with A7 that was called by A8 and managed to get a split pot with a turned straight) and after that his rag king was no match for my hooks and a tasty 1200 net profit (including a 150 ticket to the EPT Barcelona sattellite which is a 150 buyin game with one rebuy or topup like the WSOP sat was mine). Washout played a great game but sometimes you can't beat a luckbox!!

Variance is treating me good and I'm loving it. :D

ianmc38 wrote:

At least I have a future in clairevoyancy. 10pm on the dot.

olly took me down to school heads-up.

altough he did dog me i think twice for split pot
    I have A8 v A7 and i made one of the calls of my life when i raise pf and he pushes. its exactly the kind of hand i put him on. board gets two pair.
    cant rememebr what the second one was but the board hit the straight for both of us. I think i was ahead pf

the killer blow was.
    and once KJ V TT

well played though.

nice to meet you last night Paul....you played great poker to the final table and then you were just so card dead.

I played survivor poker at its best last night that the should have made a documentry with David Attenborough narrating.

I was thinking on the way home last night that there is enough regular boardsters playing this tourney week in week out..that it might be cool if we set up a league.

put in like 50/100 each. ad have points awarded such as if your first out you get one point and if your winner in 40 player field you get 40 points. with the obvious added bonus of 20 points if you knock out the chief or ian ;)...have it run over the course of ten weeks....i dont know it was just an idea that came to me.

Well done lads, another fine performance by you both, even if Olly did luckbox his way to victory again....how much positive variance can one individual have!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Sheesh, there's no need for a bounty on me. I actually played the worst poker of my life. Got no cards, made a fishy call and then got all my chips in on the big blind drawing dead. I love when that happens.

Washout wrote:
    I was thinking on the way home last night that there is enough regular boardsters playing this tourney week in week out..that it might be cool if we set up a league.

put in like 50/100 each. ad have points awarded such as if your first out you get one point and if your winner in 40 player field you get 40 points. with the obvious added bonus of 20 points if you knock out the chief or ian ;)...have it run over the course of ten weeks....i dont know it was just an idea that came to me.

So last night I won through a field of 39 and took out the Chief. How many points is that then?? ;) This could work Washout but I don't know how many people would commit to it and it would prove tricky to organise. I'd be interested but I really enjoy this game regardless as there is always plenty of people I know and the great structure and the 7-8 handed play is the business.

Sheesh, there's no need for a bounty on me. I actually played the worst poker of my life. Got no cards, made a fishy call and then got all my chips in on the big blind drawing dead. I love when that happens.

The bounty wasn't becasue I was worried about you Ian it was to encourage the dead money to come into the game I had a good feeling I'd be the one ultimately reaping the benefits!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

An ollyk1 with even more confidence, like he needs it!. Im not sure if we can turn this around lads!. There must be some way we can nobble him?.

WP olly credit where its due.

i tried my best last night but alas as HalfBaked once told me you do need the KY Jelly for the ass rapings he gives ya

ollyk1 wrote:
    his rag king was no match for my hooks and a tasty 1200 net profit

im pretty sure i had A3 but no match against your 77.

K-rag is not my style.

Washout wrote:
    im pretty sure i had A3 but no match against your 77.

K-rag is not my style.

Sorry you are right Washout you had an offsuit ace and I had JJ. King rag is my style! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

When Olly wins a tourney, somewhere in the world a little child's hopes and dreams dies. That's the deal he worked out with Satan for his luckbox-iness! :)

WP sir. I think this tourney is my new favourite over the other Scalps in the Fitz. There is so much play once the break is over and the FO begins. WP Washout, great comeback and some excellent shortstack play!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

Nice one Olly wp, i decided to stay away lastnight after last week when i stupidly got all my chips in on a Q-high flop with AA! :p

Id deffo be interested in that league though, itd take a bit of organisation though, seen as washout suggested it I nominate him!!

Seriously though, I think your level of consistency in this tourney is very impressive Olly. You let the gamblers feed on the pink chips, while you lay in wait for their tournament chips. ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for all the good wishes.

I had a target to win €2k net from poker over 6 weeks playing two tournies a week and I've more then achieved my goal in four weeks (+€2.5k net) so I'm very pleased with myself right now.

Having a set goal and finding a game which suits my style (as HB has pointed out) have been two of the three key components imho (the other one being a slice of old fashioned good fortune) to completing my target.

The next target is to take down the EPT ticket!! LOL

Advertisement