Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of the BULBS

Options
  • 09-08-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

Well, just posted in a thread there about this.. so may as well start a new one...

Week 1 or 2, depending on what the masses say... the first BULBS of the year will take place. The choices will most likely be Groody or Stables. The most popular date/time will win out, and no excuses... you dont wanna piss me off on the first week now do you!!! :D

Suggestions go here >>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ok my vote week 2 in stables. Iv a few house warmins etc. in week 1 so I wont make it den and stables cause it'll be easier, anyway I think it should be Stables to keep it on campus for the first one of the year. I might actually be able to make it to one of these things this year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Week 2 might be better alright given that most people will be back in week 1 and want to meet friends/have house warmings etc. As venues go I'm pretty easy going Stables is good for me......lol as usual look for the dude in the trench coat and the rest won't be far behind :P

Cheers
    Rory

P.S. granted I'm not sure about being able to relive the extravagant days of 1st Semester of 3rd Year but I'll be definately be up for a few pints.....now time for bed as I've to get up for work at 06:00 in the morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Ya id be up for the stables in week 2 alright. as rmacm said week 1 will be meetin friends and settling back into the greatness that is student life.

so my vote is stables as well cause groody is too far for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Yeah cool, like Rory said the Stables sounds good, week 2 the best option as well. Anyway people who know me, know i'm always up for a pint no matter when!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Mossin wrote:
    Yeah cool, like Rory said the Stables sounds good, week 2 the best option as well. Anyway people who know me, know i'm always up for a pint no matter when!

5 mins in Groody so Mossin... :D ahem alco ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'll be there of course, to show my solidarity to the group... and any lay-dees!

...wow, I waited a long time to use that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

If Im successful in getting Computer Systems on Wednesday, I will join ye... new blood to the UL boards

exiot wrote:
    If Im successful in getting Computer Systems on Wednesday, I will join ye... new blood to the UL boards

Super!! Best of luck exiot!! Hope it all goes well and hope to see ya up here soon.... mostly comp sysers on the forum here so you wont have trouble with questions and notes.. everyone is very helpful... welcome to the UL forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

mostly comp sysers on the forum here

Thats the problem with it too! :eek:

Just kidding, I love these guys. You cant meet nicer people than Comp Sys Students, and i'm not just saying it cause i live with 5 of them.

And 440 whats with the snide comments at my expense?? they are not appreciated. Well actually that's not true... its a fact that if anyone wants to go for a pint just ring and i'll be there in 5 mins alright, to have a good session on the beer!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossin wrote:
    Just kidding, I love these guys. You cant meet nicer people than Comp Sys Students, and i'm not just saying it cause i live with 5 of them.

I love you too Mossin

*ZIIIIIIP*

Exiot good luck on wednesday, and we'll hopefully be welcoming you to our Comp Sys clique!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Sorry to say I didnt get the Maths I need for Computer Sys, so I shall not be joining ye but I shall be joining the UCC lads (if there are any on the boards)

exiot wrote:
    Sorry to say I didnt get the Maths I need for Computer Sys, so I shall not be joining ye but I shall be joining the UCC lads (if there are any on the boards)

I did Computer Science in UCC, you will love it. Tbh while I love UL I am really happy that I did my undergrad in Cork, totally different experience to limerick, you will love it.

All the best :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Comp Sys in UL is an horrendous course!!!! I should know, Im still recovering from it. I have nightmares about Z schemas still. And Csound. Although no, scratch that, the ppl on the course are so sound and the craic is so great that the godawfulness of the course doesnt come into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Gotta ask what the hell is BULBS? Im transferring to UL next year from Queens in Belfast, Aero eng. Canny wait, UL night life is great. Tipp girl so I know it well

Boards University of Limerick Beers!!!!

Great, you will have to come along to it now that you know what it is :)

thesweeney wrote:
    Gotta ask what the hell is BULBS? Im transferring to UL next year from Queens in Belfast, Aero eng. Canny wait, UL night life is great. Tipp girl so I know it well

Lol oh no not another Tipp person...that makes two of us. Although some people would have you believe I'm from Laois. Anyway welcome to UL come along to the boards beers you'll be gaurnteed a laugh.

Cheers
    Rory

Laois...well would you believe Im half Laois. Me ma is from there so obviously have to follow them for the football.
    Boards beers sounds like good idea...if only we had amstel lite in ireland. Then we'd be on to a winner. Im having withdrawals.

Lol well I was born in Laois hence the claims of me being from Laois. Anyway see you at a boards beers sometime. I'm sure you could probably find Amstel Light somewhere around Ireland. I did something rather stupid earlier on so I'm going to have another beer and a cigarette and think about what I've done.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've only ever been in Laois because a motorway runs through it.

Thats enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sceptre wrote:
    I've only ever been in Laois because a motorway runs through it.

I do recall something about you stopping at a Supersmacks for lunch or summet...

motorway my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

4440Hz, how is UCC a totally different experience to UL? I'm just curious because i've only ever been to the 1 college.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's the one very obvious difference leading to smaller differences - UCC is firmly part of the city whereas UL is bolted on to the suburbs. Not that it's not part of the city and quite a few native Limerick people are quite proud of their local uni but the first time I was in UL I knew more than a few people who had never been for a wander around the city at all. Not in four years. I still know people who are in the same situation in what's now my second time there. Which strikes me as more than a little nuts but I've lived in town for a few years so perhaps it seems just a little strange to me. Admittedly there are plenty of things I haven't seen about town (the first time I saw the remnants of the city walls was a few weeks ago on a walk about town with someone not from Limerick who insisted on looking to find them) but there are still a few people in UL for a few years who haven't seen town before 11pm. Because UCC is a brisk run from Patrick Street as opposed to UL being a few miles from O'Connell Street (and actually outside the retail park developments which arguably makes it the psychological equivalent of being further than Mahon Point) you'd never have that situation in Cork.

Limerick, of course, isn't full of Cork people. Which is a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you want in life.

Just what sceptre said really!

Mostly its the city aspect, in UCC a night out typically ends up in town whereas in UL you have a few drinks locally and crawl home.

The layout of the campus is more encouraging for people to mingle as well in UCC, lots of open areas where people gather and chat... not like the one or two spots in UL. With UL the campus is so spread out that you only ever really meet the people in your class if you are lucky enough to have one, and if you are doing research like me, then you never meet anyone... hard to explain really. If i could get my UCC years back again I would, but UL is good in its own way, just not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

440Hz wrote:
    If i could get my UCC years back again I would, but UL is good in its own way, just not as good.

OOOHHHHhhhh!!!!!!!! You're gonna regret saying that!!!!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

440Hz wrote:
    If i could get my UCC years back again I would, but UL is good in its own way, just not as good.

Ya know, for a mod, you really dont set a great example!

I fully expect a angry mob to form outside your office.

My sisters went to UCC, and hated it*

*Well one of them only liked 4th year

Now now I wont regret saying it cos its true. I just didnt explain why. Obv I am going to enjoy my undergrad years of sleep, dancing and JD more than being stuck in a horrible office with no windows and no friends working on boring stuff.... in fairness!! :P pish

Peteee wrote:
    Ya know, for a mod, you really dont set a great example!

[/SIZE]

Of course I do! I didnt say anything bad about UL, just that it aint no UCC :)

Mostly cos it has one less letter and some different ones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

440hz banned for a week for 'UCC > UL' comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

kaimera wrote:
    440hz banned for a week for 'UCC > UL' comment.
    The anti-Rozie?
    Miss college,more to the point i miss the fact that i can role over and say "nah dont think il go in today", must admit i will miss the beers and the slagging matches too ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement