Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gretna versus Derry City Odds - LIVE Thursday Setanta

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

finnpark wrote:
    Mods take action or I will

What action will you take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Were Derry really 9/2 just before the off? Because I only got them at 100/30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

sjones wrote:
    Were Derry really 9/2 just before the off? Because I only got them at 100/30.

On betfair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

fade2black wrote:
    On betfair?

Nah with PP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

For the LAST time, EVERYONE behave themselves. Personal spats aren't of interest here. If you have a complaint, then familiarise yourself with the "report post" button.

The next incident will be dealt with by "cranky and unreasonable" ecksor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Yeah come on lads lets keep it friendly in here. We're in a position here where people who have specific detailed knowledge of leagues/teams/events etc are able to share it with others so that we can all try and win a few quid.

If we go down the "ha-ha! you were wrong!" route people will stop posting. Its only by examining all the info and analysis of these games beforehand that I've started winning recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I have never "reported a post" in my life and I don't see how people can be such fannies as to report posts.

It is, however, a golden rule on gambling forums that you don't gloat in victory because for every winner there's a loser (expecially on exchanges) and some day you will be that loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Bateman wrote:
    I have never "reported a post" in my life and I don't see how people can be such fannies as to report posts.

It is, however, a golden rule on gambling forums that you don't gloat in victory because for every winner there's a loser (expecially on exchanges) and some day you will be that loser.

Nothing wrong with gloating in victory, but rubbing it in on a poster who is clearly one of the better informed minds in these parts is tomfoolery.

Any gobshi*e can pick a winner. But few can pick enough to make it pay. And even fewer bother to check if it is paying or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Lads there really is no problem here, it's just Finnpark, surely you know about him by now?

Bateman wrote:

I'm just pointing out that it is the supplied facility for complaining to a mod about a post rather than derailing threads, which has definitely happened here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i remeber the thread is feedback alright. That was nearly as entertaining as the Lemlin vs T4TF one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

finnpark wrote:
    They were 22/1 on Betfair at one stage and 4/1 at half time. :eek:

Calling Westtip Calling Westtip

It was a pleasure doing business with you. I presume this was Gretna's 3rd team? :confused: . It should have been 10 1.

My dear boy, I do hope you have spent your winnings well, as I recall we never actually did business, merely exchanged views on this one, to do business cash has to change hands; and I have no idea what team Gretna played, but I have left it till now before coming back to you, did you know that typing in large letters and bold fonts is the equivalent of shouting, nobody likes to be shouted at, particularly about something as piffling as a difference of opinion on a football match. So tell me, do you believe the second leg will be a similar affair, I really don't know but will bow down to your obvious superior knowledge and intelect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

What action will you take?

Don't worry I will see that action is taken

fade2black wrote:
    Lads there really is no problem here, it's just Finnpark, surely you know about him by now?

Well Darren, at least Im not a **** like you. As a mark of respect to the moderator on the forum I will withdraw the comment. I dont have time to be chit chatering rubbish to those wasters anyways.

westtip wrote:
    My dear boy, I do hope you have spent your winnings well, as I recall we never actually did business, merely exchanged views on this one, to do business cash has to change hands; and I have no idea what team Gretna played, but I have left it till now before coming back to you, did you know that typing in large letters and bold fonts is the equivalent of shouting, nobody likes to be shouted at, particularly about something as piffling as a difference of opinion on a football match. So tell me, do you believe the second leg will be a similar affair, I really don't know but will bow down to your obvious superior knowledge and intelect.

I think it should be a lot closer. Derry looked very tired against Cork from what I have seen from the highlights, not that impressed. I don't really bet on soccer very much and cannot really see the odds very entertaining.

I hope Derry win for the co-efficient thingy. Good luck with your bets,.

The reason I glotted was that you were so smug with your opinion. Gretna are poor defensively but their midfield can cause problems.

finnpark wrote:
    Well Darren, at least Im not a **** like you. As a mark of respect to the moderator on the forum I will withdraw the comment. I dont have time to be chit chatering rubbish to those wasters anyways.

Withdrawing one while throwing in another. Banned for a week.

To everyone else (but nobody in particular), this is not a license to pick another row when he comes back in. If you have personal issues then deal with them elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ecksor wrote:
    Withdrawing one while throwing in another. Banned for a week.

To everyone else (but nobody in particular), this is not a license to pick another row when he comes back in. If you have personal issues then deal with them elsewhere.

you mean take it to the personal issues forum? :D

Advertisement