Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cell mate

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

bohsboy wrote:
    Well, only one person to blame here and it's our Minister for Justice.

B*LLOCKS.

The Minister For Justice was nowhere that guy's cell.
    julep wrote:
    however, the guy who killed him is actually responsible for his death.

YES

So many people are missing this very obvious point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

according to the Sunday Times , some prisoners who had been in the cell, are going to sue Mountjoy, on the grounds that the prison was inhumane , and are currently on leave, i.e. not in jail . In comparison to others here, i would see myself as a liberal, but if this case is successfull it could empty serious offenders out of the joy onto our streets. The guy who murdered Douch, should be locked up for life , NEVER released , i now see why the U.S. have the death penalty , some people are just pure evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pback1

bohsboy wrote: »
    Well, only one person to blame here and it's our Minister for Justice. For three years, officers have made reports regarding these holding cells, stating how unsafe they are and passed these on to management. These cells have been overflowing on a nightly basis and it was only a matter of time before something like this kicked off. Only two months ago, the Inspector of Prisons voiced his concerns to the minister about the very cell which was being used to hold 27 prisoners only ten days ago. The Minister did nothing. He shut down three prisons in 2003 to cut the bills and has left the system in dissaray. He must stand down.

What are conditions like now, better or worse. Are people in for non violent crimes kept away from the trouble. How easy to get a transfer etc. Is the drugs problem as bad as we are told. How overcrowded is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

It has been over a year since anyone posted in this thread,

Dont drag up old threads.

Advertisement